• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
It looks like it it etched then painted, you can feel the outline, it's on the back so out of the way really - don't know if they will make a 18650 battery box for it, it would have to be in the same size half, so would only be a max of 2 batteries which would reduce the overall wattage down to 133 instead of 200.
Yah that's the plan. A dual 18650. I wish the boxer kit cost less - also the boxer is easy to build but something went wrong with mine and I have to accept I grounded it or something. I may have to buy another chip and unfortunately I don't believe the DNA would fit or even the new Yihi chip so if it goes to my cost for repair I have to decide $80 to fix or abandon and get the linked dna 200 for a touch more. The general comfort of holding the boxer and he fact it has that fabric plastic 3D print. It's lighter than an I stick without batteries. Weighs virtually the chip and a Plastic Spoon :)

133 watts is way more than I need. I never use more than 50 as in a mouth to lug inhaler. And on the dna 200 chipset with preheat set I can set it to 25 watts with a preheat if 45. You vape some big lung hitters so power is probably way more important.

I night a used p3. I regret that purchase given I
Could have bought the dna 200 hcigar for almost the same price. I'll be posting the p3 for sale with 6 18350 batteries to try and recoup.

Sorry I didn't multi quote on the double reply.

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
4 pairs at least closed up, the one that George and I have is: http://www.amazon.co.uk/JPL-Ultraso...TF8&qid=1448755049&sr=8-1&keywords=ultra+7000, but that one that is on special offer at Lidl should be just as good.
That's a smart looking one. I had no idea they held so much, nor could clean so many things ...watches! I'd never looked at the actual size of them.
I see amazon also has one for £18.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M53040G?psc=1

That's a prettier one than I have and perhaps a bit bigger.

The one I bought is Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner with Digital Timer for Cleaning Eyeglasses, Watches, Rings, Necklaces, Coins, Razors, Dentures, Combs, Tools, Parts, Instruments (MGUC500) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q2M17K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MEKwwbHJV2EYX
I'm thinking I'll have to get one of these machines! I tend to put my specs in a solution of warm water & washing up liquid then rinse and dry ..nowhere near as good as a thorough clean, and with mine being rimless, they need to be handled gently anyway - so the ultrasonic would be far better!
We both use reading and distance specs, and with spare pairs in the car or bedside for reading, the cleaner would be excellent for a round up and cleaning session!
Dentures! wouldn't have thought about those ...we only have one false tooth between us ..and it isn't mine, but better than it grinning in a glass! :laugh:

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
That's a smart looking one. I had no idea they held so much, nor could clean so many things ...watches! I'd never looked at the actual size of them.
I see amazon also has one for £18.99 http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M53040G?psc=1

I'm thinking I'll have to get one of these machines! I tend to put my specs in a solution of warm water & washing up liquid then rinse and dry ..nowhere near as good as a thorough clean, and with mine being rimless, they need to be handled gently anyway - so the ultrasonic would be far better!
We both use reading and distance specs, and with spare pairs in the car or bedside for reading, the cleaner would be excellent for a round up and cleaning session!
Dentures! wouldn't have thought about those ...we only have one false tooth between us ..and it isn't mine, but better than it grinning in a glass! :laugh:

:laugh: Trish :laugh:

Reactions: Pictor

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
Wouldn't be without a US cleaner now,just so easy, and everything comes out spotless.Better than an old toothbrush under a running tap, fo sho.

Bob,despite the resistance being a bit wayward,i'm finding the vertical OCC coils fine.Slightly improved flavour,if anything.

"Chinese kanthal tastes like poo"
Rip Trippers :laugh:

Last edited:

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
I like the look of these Dna200,built by Windows over on AAEC :thumb:
Once again tho',dual 18650 so 133w
20151121_205408.jpg

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
That's a prettier one than I have and perhaps a bit bigger.

The one I bought is Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Polishing Jewelry Cleaner with Digital Timer for Cleaning Eyeglasses, Watches, Rings, Necklaces, Coins, Razors, Dentures, Combs, Tools, Parts, Instruments (MGUC500) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007Q2M17K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_MEKwwbHJV2EYX

The first I received when I filled it water got in the front and it broke immediately. Something didn't get sealed properly. The replacement has been great. Max cycle on mine is 480 seconds and the basket takes quite wide glasses. I was able to fit Maui Jim wrap around prescription sunglasses in there. Certainly take two or three pairs of reading specs.

Yours looks nicer. And easier to fill. Just a note. Don't run the tap then move it under when you get one. Put it under then turn the tap on /off. Just to prevent water going wayward.

If mine broke tomorrow is try and find yours but I won't be without one from here until the grave again. They're that helpful!
I always fill using a mug, and empty by tipping it forward into the sink (electrics at the rear)

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Bob,despite the resistance being a bit wayward,i'm finding the vertical OCC coils fine.Slightly improved flavour,if anything.
Dunno yet, have only just put one to use, but so far no problems with taste, on the other hand the new round one in my Nebox caused leaking, upended it yesterday took the coil out and there was juice leaking out of the juice flow holes, so binned that one and put in a normal square horizontal 0.5ohm to see how that performs, just had a quick look and so far no leakage.

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
I like the look of these Dna200,built by Windows over on AAEC :thumb:
Once again tho',dual 18650 so 133w
which tbh is enough anyway, the highest I have one of mine set to with Ni is 100w (never reaches that because the TP restricts it) and Kanthal 50w (TFV4 with triple coil)
Pops over to AAEC to hav' a gander

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
@Brynglas George when you were complaining yesterday about the Crown, was that on the DNA200, if so try this profile for it, it is much better, but make sure you set the preheat to 1 and the slider underneath to soft and the wattage at the top to 50w temp 450, it's a lot better:
Dropbox - DNA200-UD-SS_316L DJaquith V3.25.csv

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
That's a smaller one only 600ml instead of 750ml so won't hold quite as much
OK - perhaps something like the one George and yourself have is best. ...The Lidl one doesn't look very big in this image:

11515_01_f.jpg

EEWWW! Stuck in that beard :shock::shock:
Well, seeing neither of us will be kissing him, we'll just take his word for it! :rolleyes: :p

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
@Brynglas George when you were complaining yesterday about the Crown, was that on the DNA200, if so try this profile for it, it is much better, but make sure you set the preheat to 1 and the slider underneath to soft and the wattage at the top to 50w temp 450, it's a lot better:
Dropbox - DNA200-UD-SS_316L DJaquith V3.25.csv

It was the factory coils Bob.
Just wondering if i'd be better with a non Ni 200 coil?

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
OK - perhaps something like the one George and yourself have is best. ...The Lidl one doesn't look very big in this image:

11515_01_f.jpg

Well, seeing neither of us will be kissing him, we'll just take his word for it! :rolleyes: :p
Couldn't find any info on that actual model, but found another Silvercrest previously sold by Lidl and that was also 750ml so that one maybe as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread