Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
This is my first post here, I’ve been watching this forum for a while now but never felt the need to post something, till now!

I am somewhat new to the world of rebuildables, the Tilemahos v1 with Air Control was my first one, and I want to thank imeo with all my heart for this product, it opened a completely new vaping world for me. It absolutely never leaks, never gurgles, disassembling and reassembling it is really a piece of cake, and I can also drip on it whenever I feel like it!
I love the faces of my friends with their eGo cigs when I do that…
They go like: “Is that even possible? you drip juice in the mouthpiece and you vape?”
And I go like: “You can’t even begin to understand how great this thing is….” :D

So, to the point, I ordered the springomizer upgrade a few days ago and was very excited by it. Replacing the part was as easy as it gets, and the new adjustable pin fitted nicely without even having to adjust it.

But, when I put the spring inside, wicked, juiced and tried to fire it up I realised the horrible truth…. My big ugly regulated mod (the cigarette-saber as my friends call it) could not drive resistances below 1.2 Ohm… I tried to reposition the spring to get the most resistance out of it but couldn’t get it to go higher than 0.9 Ohms.

I had to vape this thing… I couldn’t give up yet. I wrapped a kanthal coil and cut the edges like Bishop Heals did in his video and placed it in instead of the spring ( I didn’t dry burn it though, I’ve stopped doing that since imeo said it was a bad thing to do). The coil did not have as much tension as the spring and was not so stable, but it somehow did the job and I managed to vape my upgraded Tilemahos.

Anyway, I am not satisfied. I think it is finally the time for me to go for a GG mechanical mod. I’ve been avoiding mechanicals till now because I was afraid of my poorly made coils short circuiting and exploding the battery in my face or something like that.
But now with the springomizer, I can’t short circuit this thing unless I’m a complete idiot!

So, I’m going for a GG4S whenever they become available again!!! :D
Can’t wait to fire this thing with a proper mod and the spring in it’s place!

Thats all guys, sorry for the big post and nice to meet you all!

s1mp3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Croatia
Reactions: imeothanasis

The Old Phil

Verified Member
Aug 29, 2012
France
yes, I will make it for Ithaka Phil! But let me finish some other things first:)

spares of Ithaka are sold out?

Center post and AD pin for Ithaka update are sold out yes.

I understand you are busy on some other stuff, but could you provide an estimated timeframe of when you'll develop the Ithaka springomizer? Currently using my tilemahos V1 which is fine (and has an undestructible pin) but Ithaka will always be #1 in my heart :)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
I was thinking in testing these springs, just for fun:

By the way, I noticed (after playing with one spring, stretching and compressing it to get lower resistances) that it is possible that one or more coils could deform, ending with a bigger diameter than the others. It is possible that those deformed coils will not make proper contact with the wick, producing burn taste or dry hits.

So if you are getting burn taste or dry hits regardless how you have placed the wick, check if there is a deformed coil (bigger), you will notice it because it will start to glow lightly even if the wick still moisturized.

zae

Oct 15, 2015
Singapore
I am so glad to hear that you are happy with your springomizers guys and girls :)

I would like you to use it for at least 2 weeks and then try to go back to screws. It will be a strange feeling! lol

What is screws.... :p

HOW DO I GO BACK:confused:

Any how Vasilis chose the 2mm version for the first.

i received the 2nd 2.5mm version yesterday, hmmnm.. i doesn't really like wasting spring nor heavily put pressure on usage of the spring. i will be so upset to lose 1 spring, Vasilis/Roula knows me well. i will cry loud loud
:(

i actually didn't want to put myself in dilemma mode, Thanks Sir iMeo........ :pervy::danger:
Sterlios please kindly send me your address, i will gave you the Brass Knuckle. Asap FedEx, DHLexpress, UPSexpress.
Kindly please pity my little stone, he needs milk powder. Sires. :rickroll:
upload_2015-12-3_16-51-37.png

Holy, Spammer alert, how do i make it smaller..

ahhh....:matrix:

Last edited:

taxnail

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2015
allways near ... where my dog is
just had a nice experience.
wanted to wick my springomizer. so i took some titanium grade 2 around 0.29mm which i had bought an never used some months ago.
i didn't used it since making a coil always ended with too low resistance for my taste - 1 ohm ore more is prefered. and to get more resistance would mean a longer coil ... too long.
anyway.
I made a nice long spring/coil and ... loaded my springomizer with it.
I ended up with over 2 ohm ... without having any problems regarding place!
the springomizer gives realy much room for experiments!

i ended up with cutting my spring to fit with 1,2 ohm.
works splendit.

I never thought i would use this wire anymore. now, with the springomizer ... everything goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread