Itaste mvp20 watts battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Just got two new mvp20 watts, had another one for six months now.

The two new ones are only lasting for approx. 300 vapes. I am vaping a 1.2 ohm coil at 12 - 14 watts, so 3.8 - 4.2 volts. Vapes are approx. 5 seconds.

Never counted but I am sure my old battery used to last much longer than this.

Any advice appreciated...

Innokin_Mike

Brand Rep
Jul 17, 2015
www.innokin.com
Hey hey! Hopefully we can get this figured out.

The MVP 20W battery is rated at 9.62 Watt hours (2.6 amp hours * 3.7 volts). 5 second puffs (0.00139 hours) at 14 Watts 300 times would put you at 5.84 Watt hours, so that does seem to be a bit of a problem. I have just a few questions:

Is the switch at the bottom to charge other devices in the "Off" position?

Does it stay locked when it's in your pocket/bag/away?

Have you been charging them until the green light turns off?

Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this!

Reactions: Innokin_Ash

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Thanks Mike.

Yes switch at bottom set to off, always do that.

Yes both batteries charged till green light off.

Not in pocket as been at home all night here in UK.

Am a bit of a chain vaper. Started with a full battery at 7pm, it ran out an hour ago after under 300 vapes.

Additonally the batteries vv/vw buttons rattle if I slightly shake the mvp, they don't on my trusty old mvp 20w (6 months and used very day - love the thing - built like a brick!).

Thanks again for any assistance.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Thanks Mike. Am ashamed to say it was bought from fasttech....sorry.

One other thing, just tried the other one which I fully charged earlier today after it ran out yesterday, thought then that didn't last long.

Anyways...the coil read 0.8 ohms when in fact it is a 1.2 ohm coil...thought that is odd... Plugged said tank with coil into my trusty mvp 20 and my mvp 3.0 and the coil read 1.2 on the mvp 20 and 1.4 on the MVP 3.0. Often get a +2 reading so that's fine.

But the 0.8 reading was odd as coil is good...

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Hi innokin/innokin Mike

Fasttech being a right pain and not acknowledging shirt battery means a dud battery. Matter has gone back and forth and the best option for me may be to accept some sort of partial refund.

Meanwhile ran one of the batteries again and at 450 Vapes and 3.6 volts remaining. An improvement and in line with my 8 month old mvp 20w.

Can you advise....as below...

At 3.6 volts the 1.8 ohm coil began to read 1.1 ohms with a bit of fluctuation. Swapped coil onto another mod and all was good at 1.8 ohms. Switched back to the battery in question and again 1.1 ohm. Let battery sit and tried again and back to 1.8 ohm. Vaped a while and again 1.1 ohm. Now it's back up to 1.8 ohm and staying there for now. Steadily reads 1.8 Ohms on other batteries.

Once below 3.7 volts charge can the ohms reader fluctuate in consistency like this ? Or would this appear to suggest faulty batteries that I am best off not using?

Thanks for ŷour time.

Edit...After a while at 3.6 volts battery cuts out after 3-4 seconds of a vape. Ought it not run down to 3.3 volts before red flash and completely flat?

Last edited:

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Thanks Mike, nothing in 510 connector. Resistance inconsistency seems to be a weird blip that occurs when the mvp hits 3.6 volts charge remaining, rest of time from 4.1v down to 3.7v it is consistent.

The cut out is after a little while at 3.6v charge remaining...start vaping and after 3-4 seconds cuts out...start vaping again and same thing cuts out after 3-4 seconds.

Thing is battery is fine from 4.1v down to 3.7v

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Thanks Mike. Just trying to pick your brains regarding various issues.

Fasttech to cut a long story short are being far from helpful. They keep saying 'authentic', not making recognition of the fact battery life seems short and that they are cutting out at 3.6volts battery charge. I mentioned I have asked you re. The battery life and cut out at 3.6 volts and that you say it is unusual, their suggestion was take it up with Innokin...!!!

Anyways I said I would cut a long story short...I bought two more in the UK when I thought I would get my money back from FT, these check out well...all 4 cost me the price of two new at full rrp so I will live.

I will just see what refund (they did offer 5$ credit against the one I mentioned misread an natty) I can get back from Fasttech and keep the two from them as spares, once they hit 3.7 volts I will quit using and recharge.

Thanks for all assistance. Time to move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread