OBS Crius RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

izen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Northeast
I think the issue also has to do with the fact that a full tank lasts you more than 6 hours! if you empty a tank in 15 minutes that metal gets very hot and therefore expands. I think that causes leaking in all tanks - at least that's my experience:p If I'm understanding wnat you're saying of course!
I'm sorry if I didn't communicate my experience more precisely. I don't think we're on the same page, from even the same book. Suffice it to say; I consumed about one ml per hour, and over about six hours time there were no leaks. Another nine hours have passed and it's all still dry. I think it was down to the wicking that caused any leaks from my tank. That's all. Thanks anyway. :)

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Could use a favor from someone here : I don't have a Vernier or Micrometer handy and I'd like to know the size of the Hex tool / Allen key for the Crius Velocity build deck 'grub' screws... if one of y'all could measure it for me... that would be GREAT! As I'd like to get a spare. Thanks! -Rob

.050 in or 1.25mm

Puffcat

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2013
Mesa, AZ
Was wondering if the Crius would be a good addition to a subox/subtank mini? Looking for a bit better airflow than the mini with the rba. Anyone tried any higher ohm builds like 1 ohm or above? I have been using 1.5 kanthal at 15 watts on the mini rba and the amount of vapor and flavor is as good as the .5 occ coils at 30 watts. Amazing battery life! I have a few dual coil rda's but would like another tank and teally like the design of the Crius.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
The first time I tried building on this I did some Vertical Coils and the thing was leaking all over. Also the Orings are so thin and tiny I had trouble getting a seal on the glass. The chimney on this thing is really small width wise so I suppose going to have to use smaller coils than what I would in the aromamizer or the cthuluhu.

I actually put way too big of coils at first some horizontal coils which caused a short and then when I go to unscrew everything I absolutely could not get the chimney to come off. I finally got it off with a tool but in this process I cracked the glass(at least it came with a backup glass piece though)

It seemed to leak from the deck right above the airholes. Its where you twist to adjust airflow right between the two pieces just a constant slow leak. Perhaps this is because the vertical coils and the fact Ive never wicked this thing before thats causing the leaking. I also noticed that when you screw the deck in as much as you can it really never stops turning so its hard to tell if its all the way tight. Same thing with the top cap it seems to keep turning even when its all the way tight but thats just cause the adjustable airflow on the bottom and the side fill up top I guess...

Quality tank though that came with a nice drip tip and plenty of spare accessories(thankful for that extra glass piece) I just got some learning to do, have to be patient.

roflwaffles

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2014
United States
Was wondering if the Crius would be a good addition to a subox/subtank mini? Looking for a bit better airflow than the mini with the rba. Anyone tried any higher ohm builds like 1 ohm or above? I have been using 1.5 kanthal at 15 watts on the mini rba and the amount of vapor and flavor is as good as the .5 occ coils at 30 watts. Amazing battery life! I have a few dual coil rda's but would like another tank and teally like the design of the Crius.

Good addition to the Subtank - but I haven't been able to get a 1+ ohm build on this since I got rid of my 28g kanthal. .62 was the highest I could do with 26g and the vape is much more intense than the Subtank and runs through juice quite a bit faster.

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I find that the silicone have to much elasticity and deform or pull out of the O-ring channel way to easy. I've had the Buna's in mine since I got them and so far so good. The 18mm is a tighter fit and the 17mm isn't quite as tight. Running the 18mm on most and testing the 17mm on one.

Probably to soon to tell how they do for the long haul but better then the silicone so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread