Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Does anybody know if I can build my Sofia with other metals such as Ti or Nickle or best of all, SS? Or does it always have to be NR-R-NR kanthal?

Which version have you got, it's my understanding that if you have V1 then it's all NR-R-NR wire but V2 you can use anything :p

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Does anybody know if I can build my Sofia with other metals such as Ti or Nickle or best of all, SS? Or does it always have to be NR-R-NR kanthal?
You can put whatever kind of coil you want in it. In the case of the v1, you just need NR legs as well:)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I have not read the thread to find out since it is quite long but is there a dealer selling the Sophia V2 in the USA?
Unfortunately not. Retail stores usually sell what is in fashion at any given moment. For the moment the majority carry cloud chasing RDAs and side air flow RBAs. The cheaper, the better.
Chinese atomizers for example give them roughly 50% in wholesale price or more, because they are very easy and fast to build, due to the pliable and cheap metals and plastics they use. So less money, more profit.
Not that I blame them, it's completely logical :)
The only problem I find with that, is that nobody considers the health issues those metals and plastics can create (anthrax, molibdenum, oxidisation etc.). That's why we need PROPER laws. Good luck to us all with that...
There are some stores that occasionaly buy a product that they come accross, but no solid partnership yet
And I am not, by any means, putting the blame on US retail stores. In the US direct lungs draws are just more popular. And as I wrote above, from the seller's point of view, it's completely logical. :)

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Unfortunately not. Retail stores usually sell what is in fashion at any given moment. For the moment the majority carry cloud chasing RDAs and side air flow RBAs. The cheaper, the better.
Chinese atomizers for example give them roughly 50% in wholesale price or more, because they are very easy and fast to build, due to the pliable and cheap metals and plastics they use. So less money, more profit.
Not that I blame them, it's completely logical :)
The only problem I find with that, is that nobody considers the health issues those metals and plastics can create (anthrax, molibdenum, oxidisation etc.). That's why we need PROPER laws. Good luck to us all with that...
There are some stores that occasionaly buy a product that they come accross, but no solid partnership yet
And I am not, by any means, putting the blame on US retail stores. In the US direct lungs draws are just more popular. And as I wrote above, from the seller's point of view, it's completely logical. :)

Then I will order direct from you.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
When will the Calix be in stock? I've got money ready!! This is literally the atty of my dreams, mouth to lung, simple to build, super simple to wick, top fill!! Lets go!
And vapes amazingly well :) Btw, there's also a side airflow version on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread