FDA FDA deeming regulation proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

postembr2

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2013
Correct.

I'm generally vaping 24 mg. I'm doing a 12 mg on an 1.2 ohm OCC though right now. Boiling down to it, I'll eventually just stick to an 18 mg since I'm going through the 12 like water

Yea, im 2 years into vaping from 2,5 packs a day. I dont liked so much cloud chasing i prefer to vape at low power/high nicotine. Im on 18 on the last 2 years, usually on the 6-7W, and its just fine for me. I cant vape much lower than 14mg. Also limiting high nicotine would make people leaving cigarrettes unsatisfied.

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
In this age, i much say you risk ending like here in Brazil. If i remember correctly, the local FDA like agency (ANVISA) banned all vaping products based on non-safe policy. Its sad because we could have lots of M&B stores and much more products available with better prices, but since Brazil law is very lax and government is so corrupt, you can purchase almost any vaping hardware and liquids, as far as you are willing to pay extra to the people who take the $$ risks of importing.

The major issue with FDA regulations unfortunally is how it will affect the US market and by consequence the whole global market for vaping. One thing is granted, China will keep supplying liquids and hardware, no matter what happens.
why would USA regulation affect the global market? Co you mean, in the sense that others will likely follow suit? I'm not entirely sure how true that is,I mean look at marijuana. It's surely not gonna help.
but was far as directly affecting the market, it's my understanding that most American made products stay in America,I didn't think we did much export in this area?

Reactions: Kenna

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
Yea, im 2 years into vaping from 2,5 packs a day. I dont liked so much cloud chasing i prefer to vape at low power/high nicotine. Im on 18 on the last 2 years, usually on the 6-7W, and its just fine for me. I cant vape much lower than 14mg. Also limiting high nicotine would make people leaving cigarrettes unsatisfied.
when it's the last time you tried to reduce nicotine? I stayed with 36 a long time ago, now I usually stick with 6, but it doesn't seem to matter anymore how much it has, actually less it's preferable to me, as it didn't induce over simulation. I find at this point it is more of a compulsion than a chemical addiction, I'm currently vaping x straight glycerin feeling quite satisfied

Reactions: Kenna and DC2

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
Are they wanting a second civil war?

There would need to be a slogan. Give me liberty or give me death does not quite fit. Well, someone will come up with something.
well, it actually is more fitting than you think. They really are trying to give us death. Unfortunately I don't think we are enough to go to war over vaping. People stood to lose so, so much over the abolition of slavery, that they were willing to die for it. I personally am not willing to die for the cause. Most is us would probably rather roam the streets like dope addicts looking for a squirt of Nic. It sucks for the ones who will never be able to quit, but I don't need FDA approval, and I'm not scared of the black market

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Are they wanting a second civil war?

There would need to be a slogan. Give me liberty or give me death does not quite fit. Well, someone will come up with something.
Give me ejuice or just shoot me now

Hows that for a slogan? ;)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
How about....

- Vape Lives Matter
- Don't Step on the Vape Sam
- Vaping Equals A Million Flavors of Liberty
- Save Vapor, Kill (an) ANTZ
- I Want To Vape Free (from your lies)
- eLiquid ENDS Early Extinction
- Live to Vape. Vape to Live.

Free ecigs for everyone.
Pay off your vape loans debt.
Safe Zone against ANTZ criticisms and lies.
Equality in prices for all mods and tanks.

:facepalm: :laugh:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Great video that everyone should watch.

thank you for the thought, preparation, organization and hardwork placed in your video presentation.
I enjoyed the definitive enlightenment.
Having worked with the local law makers and representatives in my area/state over the past few years,
Im going to share my 2 cents of experience.
1) I hate to say that you give too much credit to the target audience's comprehension level(s).
2) I sadly doubt the representatives will watch more than a 3 minute (possibly 2minute) presentation.

Please dont shoot the messenger. I wish I had more positive experience to share.

i also have received many seemingly positive responses ("I hear you; Thank you for that; I Learned something today; I did not know that" etc) followed by grateful lip service after which came complete betrayal/voting ANTZ "for the sake of the children"....
Cheers, GREAT JOB!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Can the OMB send the deeming regulations back to the FDA for clarification without a public notice it is doing so ?
As far as I remember, that is exactly what they did last time.
But I could be VERY wrong, so don't quote me on it.
:)

Bill Godshall would know for sure.
Or I could try to find some old thread that mentions it.

I'd rather @Bill Godshall show up.
:laugh:

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Can the OMB send the deeming regulations back to the FDA for clarification without a public notice it is doing so ?
I'm not an expert on this, but from my understanding the answer would be yes, and in fact happens as a matter of course. The OMB can ask for changes and there is a back and forth, give and take between the FDA and OMB.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

No....or they aren't supposed to.....

Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) Q&A’s

What is a "prompt" letter?

Answer: "Prompt" letters are a mechanism created in 2001 that OIRA uses to pro-actively suggest issues that agencies might address. Prompt letters may suggest areas where further regulation may be needed to fill gaps in current environmental, health or safety protections; or they could be used to suggest areas where a current regulation is no longer needed and should be modified or rescinded. To date, OIRA has issued 12 prompt letters on subjects ranging from the transfat content of foods to pollution from diesel engines. You can find the various prompt letters issued from OIRA at: http://www.reginfo.gov/public/jsp/EO/promptLetters.jsp.

(for example of prompts - click on that link above - reginfo..... )

What are OIRA’s disclosure procedures?

Answer: Consistent with E.O. 12866, OIRA provides extensive information about its work related to regulatory review in OIRA’s public docket room and on its website, http://edit.whitehouse.gov/omb/inforeg_regmatters/. The information includes reports, "return" and "prompt" letters, speeches and testimony by the OIRA Administrator, and lists and statistics regarding regulatory review. For example, OIRA makes publicly available all substantive communications with any party outside the Executive Branch concerning regulations under review. If the OIRA Administrator or his designee meets with outside parties regarding a rule under review, the subject, date, and participants of the meeting are disclosed on the OIRA website. Any material received from outside parties on rules under review is placed in the public docket and noted on the OIRA website. Finally, after a rule is published, OIRA will make publicly available certain documents exchanged between OIRA and the rulemaking agency during the review period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread