Status
Not open for further replies.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Saw this one on fasttech this morning, and despite a remarkable improvement in my bout of shinyitis, I couldn't resist.

$13.26 SXK Nebula Wine Tank RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Looks pretty simple with some nice features. The build deck appears to STM style in regards to trapping wire leads, and supposedly it's bottom fillable as the chimney is fixed somehow to the top cap.

I was wondering if anyone has messed around with one before, because the one feature that it supposedly has is airflow control and supposedly it's controlled in the top cap somehow. If anyone's messed with one, let me know how you like it. Otherwise, I'll report back in a couple weeks after I receive it.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Yeah, the more I look at it, the more I think it probably doesn't have AFC. SXK's AliBaba page for the Wine doesn't mention AFC.

Otherwise, it looks right up my alley. Single coil rta's seem to be what I'm happiest with, and an airy MTL suits me perfectly.

Maybe it's the shape of the chimney, but I think this tank is a looker too.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Atomizer is pretty decent, I've had mine for about a week now. It does have a few issues, none of which are deal breakers, but it could have been done better by SXK. Deck is very nice, and quite build friendly, 26g is shown below, wicking is simple, and straightforward.

First, no AFC, it says it has one in all the adds I've seen for it, but it does not. A couple of ways that a workable AFC can be improvised. Simplest, and most basic is get a silicon band(vape band) and use it Aromamizer style. The second method, while it would not be as effective, would work, and allow some restriction without affecting appearance would be to source a longer 510 pin which could be turned into the decks af tube. I don't mind the Airflow as it comes, so I've not really bothered.

Second issue, this may be just specific to the one I received, but the double o-rings at the top of the tank were locked to the glass, glued? not sure how or why, but it simply would not come loose. I used it about a week before really trying to get it loose. End result, tank broke, no replacements offered anywhere as of this post.

The o-rings actually tore apart trying to get them off the glass, no way was mine going to come apart without breaking the glass.

Third issue, though not that bad, the deck positive block must be press fitted, and it is very tight, I tried putting a wrench to it, could not get the block to budge. This issue has been reported by the few others I've seen that already have one.
No solution for this issue, but it really isn't a problem, except if you want/need to break it down for repair or cleaning.

Airflow is good, but not as open as the slots, and 4mm bore under the coil would lead you to believe. The choke point is the small holes drilled in the Deck pin (visible through the base af slots as pictured). This also causes it to have a fairly loud intake on the air, not quite a whistle, but somewhat annoying anyway. One user drilled it to 2.5mm successfully for a more open airflow, and it also reduced the noise.

Flavor is good, about like a typical Kayfun opened up, better flavor atties aren't hard to come by, but for the price it is a winner.

As mentioned, no replacement tanks have been offered so far, the tank is 22mm OD, 19mm ID, 1.5mm walls, 33.10mm tall, glass is not overly strong, a drop or two, stubborn/glued o-rings like mine, it will end up broken.

I did look through a bunch of spare glass I have, sizing is pretty common, ID/OD is same as many tanks, Zephyrus, Subtank Mini, just to name a couple. Unfortunately the 33.10mm height is 3mm or so longer then most. Lemo tank is a fit, but about 7mm to long.

The closest I've found available for purchase without going custom cut is .4mm short. Z Tall Tube That should work OK, and could probably take that .4mm off the bottom of the chamber if needed.

Hoping someone lists a cheap replacement soon, not my only tank so no rush for me.

lciGWzx.jpg

4qo9E9t.jpg

aga57be.jpg

Last edited:

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
If any of you grab one of these, and don't mind a little modding of it you can cut 3mm of the bottom of the chamber and use Subtank Mini glass on it. Didn't really feel like spending the cash on IBT glass for it, and had some spares for the STM, pretty easy to reduce it by 3mm, and the STM glass fits perfectly, the reduction in the chamber makes the vape a little warmer, and seems to boost the flavor very slightly.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Atomizer is pretty decent, I've had mine for about a week now. It does have a few issues, none of which are deal breakers, but it could have been done better by SXK. Deck is very nice, and quite build friendly, 26g is shown below, wicking is simple, and straightforward.

First, no AFC, it says it has one in all the adds I've seen for it, but it does not. A couple of ways that a workable AFC can be improvised. Simplest, and most basic is get a silicon band(vape band) and use it Aromamizer style. The second method, while it would not be as effective, would work, and allow some restriction without affecting appearance would be to source a longer 510 pin which could be turned into the decks af tube. I don't mind the Airflow as it comes, so I've not really bothered.

Second issue, this may be just specific to the one I received, but the double o-rings at the top of the tank were locked to the glass, glued? not sure how or why, but it simply would not come loose. I used it about a week before really trying to get it loose. End result, tank broke, no replacements offered anywhere as of this post.

The o-rings actually tore apart trying to get them off the glass, no way was mine going to come apart without breaking the glass.

Third issue, though not that bad, the deck positive block must be press fitted, and it is very tight, I tried putting a wrench to it, could not get the block to budge. This issue has been reported by the few others I've seen that already have one.
No solution for this issue, but it really isn't a problem, except if you want/need to break it down for repair or cleaning.

Airflow is good, but not as open as the slots, and 4mm bore under the coil would lead you to believe. The choke point is the small holes drilled in the Deck pin (visible through the base af slots as pictured). This also causes it to have a fairly loud intake on the air, not quite a whistle, but somewhat annoying anyway. One user drilled it to 2.5mm successfully for a more open airflow, and it also reduced the noise.

Flavor is good, about like a typical Kayfun opened up, better flavor atties aren't hard to come by, but for the price it is a winner.

As mentioned, no replacement tanks have been offered so far, the tank is 22mm OD, 19mm ID, 1.5mm walls, 33.10mm tall, glass is not overly strong, a drop or two, stubborn/glued o-rings like mine, it will end up broken.

I did look through a bunch of spare glass I have, sizing is pretty common, ID/OD is same as many tanks, Zephyrus, Subtank Mini, just to name a couple. Unfortunately the 33.10mm height is 3mm or so longer then most. Lemo tank is a fit, but about 7mm to long.

The closest I've found available for purchase without going custom cut is .4mm short. Z Tall Tube That should work OK, and could probably take that .4mm off the bottom of the chamber if needed.

Hoping someone lists a cheap replacement soon, not my only tank so no rush for me.

lciGWzx.jpg

4qo9E9t.jpg

aga57be.jpg
Looks to me like you could drill straight thru the center pin to open that up some. That looks to be less than what the Monster V3 has which is a fantastic tank if your looking for one. I bought the 10 dollar one from FT and am getting another probably the one with all the extras for 13.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Looks to me like you could drill straight thru the center pin to open that up some. That looks to be less than what the Monster V3 has which is a fantastic tank if your looking for one. I bought the 10 dollar one from FT and am getting another probably the one with all the extras for 13.

Yea, can safely open the Wine center pin to 2.5mm maybe 3mm if your careful. I've got the Monster V3, another great tank, surprisingly good flavor even with the Chuff top on it, in stock form it is a bit more open then the Wine.

GVlLXsj.jpg

Reactions: rhelton

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
Yea, can safely open the Wine center pin to 2.5mm maybe 3mm if your careful. I've got the Monster V3, another great tank, surprisingly good flavor even with the Chuff top on it, in stock form it is a bit more open then the Wine.

GVlLXsj.jpg
I was wondering how the flavor was with that large chimney section in place.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
Yes the Erl chimney fits great, both full size, and the nano, full size tank is a little long on it, requires a couple extra o-rings, but works well after that. I'd say flavor is a little better with the Erl Chimney, probably due to smaller chamber. Of course it also ends up with a bit more airflow then the Erl. Compared to the Erl, wicking is much easier, flavor is close, I'd have to do a side by side to declare a winner.

The wine is pretty interesting to play with, lotsa choices for a Frankenatty, Silverplay nano upper assembly fits, silverplay chimney fits, orchid chimney fits Erl, probably more, worth the money especially if you have a big selection of parts lying around.

Reactions: Katya

EyesoreJr

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
Steeler Country
Yes the Erl chimney fits great, both full size, and the nano, full size tank is a little long on it, requires a couple extra o-rings, but works well after that. I'd say flavor is a little better with the Erl Chimney, probably due to smaller chamber. Of course it also ends up with a bit more airflow then the Erl. Compared to the Erl, wicking is much easier, flavor is close, I'd have to do a side by side to declare a winner.

The wine is pretty interesting to play with, lotsa choices for a Frankenatty, Silverplay nano upper assembly fits, silverplay chimney fits, orchid chimney fits Erl, probably more, worth the money especially if you have a big selection of parts lying around.
I just ordered a wine tank from FastTech yesterday. I have an erlprinz and an old kayfun. Also have subtank mini that I currently use. I loved the amount of juice that the erl would hold but the deck was so damn finicky I couldn't stand it any longer so I bought the subtank. I've been looking for something to hold mor that 4 ml of juice. Hope I can Frankenstein atty this with the parts I have to something I'll be happy with.

Reactions: ccwaters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread