Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
vaping can save you a lot of money. A lot of money you can use to buy ridiculous things at a thrift store. Ridiculous things like the outfit I got for a dollar. See below.

What's something crazy you've seen or bought at a thrift store/flea market/garage sale? Pics welcome and encouraged. THE CRAZIER THE BETTERER.

ridicpic.jpg

Reactions: anavidfan

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
That's so wonderful... I saw that photo and this video came to mind. I loved this song and I had an outfit similar, but I could not pull it off today.

You make the 80's look good again...

Thanks for the compliment. That video was magical! I really dig 80s music ala Kraftwerk, The Cure, Depeche Mode, Siouxsie and The Banshees, Bauhaus, Skinny Puppy...the list could go on forever!

I relate to your sentiment about the outfits of days past. Many a pair of pleather pants, zebra print pants, and fishnet shirts have been sacrificed to the thrift store gods and goddesses because I outgrew them.

So nice to meet someone with a similar style! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I loved the 80's, yes, the typical big hair and gold giant jewelry comes to mind, but there was some great music and clothes.... Ditto on the list of music.

I was thrift shop queen. I NEVER had an outfit that you could find in a dept store. It might be a store bought piece but always with a great vintage piece from the 40's.

I could go on forever....

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
I loved the 80's, yes, the typical big hair and gold giant jewelry comes to mind, but there was some great music and clothes.... Ditto on the list of music.

I was thrift shop queen. I NEVER had an outfit that you could find in a dept store. It might be a store bought piece but always with a great vintage piece from the 40's.

I could go on forever....
I could listen forever! I snagged some great vintage hats once for $20, and yes, I'll wear that with a modern dress and change things up!

Also, I love your avatar. It looks so familiar, but I can't place it.

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
LOL, I chose that avatar because of some odd problems here with some people.....

Not here, like in this thread but on ECF...

Its Curly of the 3 Stooges in my favorite short of theirs.
Ah, I'm sorry you had problems, but I know how that can be online. :sneaky:

Yes, that's where I saw it. I love the Stooges. I used to watch them with my Dad all the time. Pretty genius comedy, despite its seeming simplicity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread