Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
lol! No worries brother. To be honest, a small drinking straw with the end twisted up would have more AF than the KFL!! haha!...whoops, apologies to @qorax for any offence against the KFL...of which he has many...:)
And don't use any :(

Reactions: Phone Guy

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Guess whose coming to dinner. (Maybe I should say came to dinner.)

Took me a bit of time to get the proper update file onto the Vapor Flask SX. That was a necessity coz my attys are now all Nifethal 52. The VF SX vaped "okay" in Nickel Mode but beautifully in TCR mode using 0.0041.

fe4599d651c53604f0d486a091e74931.jpg

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England

Took me a bit of time to get the proper update file onto the Vapor Flask SX. That was a necessity coz my attys are now all Nifethal 52. The VF SX vaped "okay" in Nickel Mode but beautifully in TCR mode using 0.0041.

awwww...that is a mighty puuuurrrrrty combo!!! Nice one indeed :)

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

I was very disapointed to see vaporflask go the china made route, abandon evolv and the dna in favor for wismec/joytech chips, and change their designs. The only thing I like is on the smaller ones the flip out battery cap...on the full size it opens like a clam shell now, and they moved the screens to the side... not impressed. The older original ones are absolutely the ones to own.

That 350j model, to my knowledge will be the last of the high end and subsequent higher quality flasks made. According to the interview I saw with VF owner on Pbusardo Youtube.

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2015/11/19/meet-charlie-from-vape-forward/

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
I was very disapointed to see vaporflask go the china made route, abandon evolv and the dna in favor for wismec/joytech chips, and change their designs. The only thing I like is on the smaller ones the flip out battery cap...on the full size it opens like a clam shell now, and they moved the screens to the side... not impressed. The older original ones are absolutely the ones to own.

That 350j model, to my knowledge will be the last of the high end and subsequent higher quality flasks made. According to the interview I saw with VF owner on Pbusardo Youtube.

It is highly likely I will own only one of the Wismec variety, the "Stout". The pictured VF is a US made. It is, in a word, outstanding. Everything the original, 2.1, was and more...more wire types through Manual TCR and more durable, SS base and a beaded then anodized coating--grippy.

As for Wismec build quality, I own their dna 200, the Reuleaux by JayBo. That I also luv. Tempted to get a second this Black Friday...$ 35 cheaper.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
It is highly likely I will own only one of the Wismec variety, the "Stout". The pictured VF is a US made. It is, in a word, outstanding. Everything the original, 2.1, was and more...more wire types through Manual TCR and more durable, SS base and a beaded then anodized coating--grippy.

As for Wismec build quality, I own their DNA 200, the Reuleaux by JayBo. That I also luv. Tempted to get a second this Black Friday...$ 35 cheaper.

Unless you know something I dont or something I didnt catch? Charlie says all the new ones (except the 350j) are going to be made by wismec, and have the joytech chip...all of them (again except the one with the yihi chip as of now? and possibly the vaporshark variety?)

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Unless you know something I dont or something I didnt catch? Charlie says all the new ones (except the 350j) are going to be made by wismec, and have the joytech chip...all of them (again except the one with the yihi chip as of now? and possibly the vaporshark variety?)
That is exactly what I heard. I was talking about what's in my posted photo, a 350J VF.

When I mentioned the "Stout" I was obviously, I thought, talking about a Wismec product, which is why I went on to talk about the "build quality" of the Releaux, a Wismec product. Or so says that the Startup Splash screen. [emoji6]

Lo zio

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2012
Italy
orings for the authentic or the clones?? If authentic, the info is in this thread, if clones then go to the clone thread :)

Sorry to read this only now.
I wanted orings for the original GEM, of course. Anyway, not being able to buy ....ing replacements for a 160 € atomizer (and yes, we have the original ) is absurd. My clone already flew to the trash and personally I don't want to bother with any atomizer I have to struggle to buy replacements for, I have other Hobbies.

Reactions: qorax

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Oh ok. Thank you I'd forgotten. The general anesthesia probably isn't Totally out so I'm thick right now. I had my first spinal surgery yesterday so coiling is out for me. I redressed my two gems but when they need redoing they'll have to wait a couple weeks which bums me out! It's very difficult to go back to premade coils that work for mouth to lung. The ego one with clr coils not cl beats the kabuki and nautilus coils and actually isn't that far off flavor wise. Should anyone find themselves in the same position of being unable to
Coil temporarily

Last edited:

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area

http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/2015/11/19/meet-charlie-from-vape-forward/

At about 22:50 Phil asks Charlie if more Evolv products are to come to which he immediately says "absolutely".

The new Vape Forward products look to be a grab at the mid-range market. They are careful not to call the Classic a "Flask". I believe their strategy includes keeping the high-end Vapor Flask line available as their flagship model - though I do hope they continue to make these here in the US.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
At about 22:50 Phil asks Charlie if more Evolv products are to come to which he immediately says "absolutely".

The new Vape Forward products look to be a grab at the mid-range market. They are careful not to call the Classic a "Flask". I believe their strategy includes keeping the high-end Vapor Flask line available as their flagship model - though I do hope they continue to make these here in the US.
Honestly i find the dna200 chip to be a huge pain in the backside vs other chipsets. The 350j. Whatever is in the Evic mini and ipv d2 are also much more solid for me. I know it ha to do with the fact that a better connection hasn't been standardized. But honestly a sample rate of a thousand times a second doesn't do much for me if 98% of atomizers I use don't work well on it.

After returning my opus200 I have felt absolutely no calling to replace it. Especially given I use two gems and they both didn't work well even remotely with the mod. I love he computer stuff. But the prices of here mods and how finicky the chip is has me waiting until a new connector like the p3 is standardized or people build much more reliable atomizers for temp Control again. Features are super cool. But in use aside from stainless steel I honestly have less issues with a $40 Evic mini that gets twice the battery life and is half the size.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA

I'm just a little disappointed to see a budget flask line personally, as it's one of my favorite devices and form factors, especially my dna200 flask.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Honestly i find the dna200 chip to be a huge pain in the backside vs other chipsets. The 350j. Whatever is in the Evic mini and ipv d2 are also much more solid for me. I know it ha to do with the fact that a better connection hasn't been standardized. But honestly a sample rate of a thousand times a second doesn't do much for me if 98% of atomizers I use don't work well on it.

After returning my opus200 I have felt absolutely no calling to replace it. Especially given I use two gems and they both didn't work well even remotely with the mod. I love he computer stuff. But the prices of here mods and how finicky the chip is has me waiting until a new connector like the p3 is standardized or people build much more reliable atomizers for temp Control again. Features are super cool. But in use aside from stainless steel I honestly have less issues with a $40 Evic mini that gets twice the battery life and is half the size.
I've been using dna40 and dna200 for a while now, all my 200 have been custom built units and of the attys I have, I have not had any issue with 510 connection being finicky or temperamental. Obviously ymmv.

I'm not taking anything away from the yihi board, it's a solid device...at least the sx mini m class (and s class) I've used.

But I'm an Evolv guy...... Think about it like soda, I'm a coke guy.... Some people are Pepsi people, or Dr Pepper dudes or dudettes. ;) they all quench your thirst, it's all personal preference.

Reactions: xtreme101

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Is the airflow on this at all similar to the subtank mini wide open? Does it really hold 5ml?
There's no authentic, non-Chinese, RTA which has airflow similar to the subtank clearos. Neither has the Mark Bug's Gem. It is a flavor RTA and typically meant for mouth-to-lungers. However, in it's wide open position this AFC does let you have a nice restricted direct lung hit, which is what I prefer - and is my mode/style of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread