FDA FDA's leaked guidance for PMTAs confirm deeming reg would ban >99.9% of nicotine vapor products

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
BTW - Vuse uses a Non-510 Proprietary Connection, Right?
Yes, and they made it so that you have to pretty much take a saw to the cartomizer to refill it - which I did. The Vuse is the worst vape product I've experienced to date. I recently tried it, and the two (Altria) MarkTen products to see for myself. Cheap to try with the coupons.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
After googling carbon dioxide it seems that burning any carbon-based substance would produce it.

And further googling is trying to tell me that medicinal products produce five times more than tobacco smoke.
I don't know if I believe that, nor does it matter to the discussion.

As someone who currently uses medicinal products to help me sleep on very rare occasion...
I can certainly attest to getting a very real buzz from said products...

And if carbon monoxide is part of that buzz, I can assure you it gets lost in the mix.
:laugh:
Check out this thread on reddit. I think RaltSig150 has got it right:

Why Don't I Get a Buzz Like Conventional Cigs? • /r/electronic_cigarette
impliedapathy:
The "buzz" you're talking about doesn't come from nicotine contrary to popular belief. It comes from oxygen deprivation caused by the carbon monoxide produced during combustion(a cig burning). You get that buzz because you're essentially partially suffocating yourself.

RaltSig150:
This is pseudo-science at it's worst. The "buzz" does not in anyway come from oxygen deprivation. At the moment when you spark a cigarette and inhale, your blood stream is currently flooded with oxygen. Ignoring the fact that you are still getting some oxygen when you smoke (when you suck it down to your lungs) if the buzz was from oxygen deprivation you could achieve the exact same feeling by just not breathing for a while, which I sure can't. The buzz is produced from the co-administration of nicotine, MAOI's, & beta-carbolines

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Yes, and they made it so that you have to pretty much take a saw to the cartomizer to refill it - which I did. The Vuse is the worst vape product I've experienced to date. I recently tried it, and the two (Altria) MarkTen products to see for myself. Cheap to try with the coupons.

I don't have one but read that the Vuse has an 808 thread or something based on 808. And that there are hacks to fill it on youtube and elsewhere.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I don't have one but read that the Vuse has an 808 thread or something based on 808. And that there are hacks to fill it on youtube and elsewhere.
Not at all like 808. Plus, it's snap-on. And yup, I learned what I needed to do to refill it by watching a youtube video.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Don't get me wrong. I'm rooting for them in some of their efforts. Against them in some.

If applications for them are allowed - still doubtful, imo, then I still don't think it will be any substitute for the cigarette tax/msa tax. But it may be helpful to some, just not me :- )

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can't quote Closed Threads directly. So here it is...

"BTW - I will make a Prediction, Today. So get out your Chisels and Carve this one in Stone.

I Predict that the RJR Vuse will be one of the 1st FDA Approved e-Cigarettes."

Post #40 in Big 3 tobacco makers want FDA to ban vapor e-cigs

Reactions: Rossum

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

From Vuse FAQ's.

Are VUSE Cartridges tamper-resistant?

Yes. VUSE Cartridges are designed to prevent modification by consumers.

and

Are VUSE Digital Vapor Cigarettes considered tobacco products?

Yes. Because VUSE products contain tobacco-derived nicotine, they meet the definition of tobacco products under the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. The Food and Drug Administration has stated its intent to regulate these types of products as tobacco products.

VUSE – Digital Vapor Cigarettes

Reactions: nicnik

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
To answer this we do have ISO standards for clean room facilities that almost all juice makers are following or are working to get to that standard,
I am willing to bet less than 5% of juice makers are going to go for ISO standard clean room facilities.
for one its an unnecessary expense. Health and safety standards for handling food at the local level
are more than sufficient to produce e-juice commercially. The standard reply that one just need to
look in any restaurant kitchen is inapplicable. What kind of mess do you think measuring liquid ingredients
into a container and mixing is going to make? E-juice was,is and, is always going to be as easy and safe
to make as Kool-Aid.
This ISO clean room stuff is hog wash. The larger companies that are doing it either have inside info
or, are using their resources to gain market share in the hypochondriac segment of the market.
I believe Johnson Creek is making juice for BT already. I could be wrong but, have read this in
several posts elsewhere. I may be confusing this with the company in Indiana that does.
This clean room stuff is pure ANTZ propaganda to give the appearance that e-juice and
vaping in general is dangerous to not only do but,also dangerous to manufacture.
:2c:
Regards
Mike

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
So when do they Start putting the Addictive Chemicals in the e-Liquids to keep Vaper's Hooked mike?
You're missing my point just to be contrary. I never said they would. I was pointing out how can
they expect to maintain a market share if vaping and smoking were allowed to co-exist.
Eventually as smokers switched to vaping and, I believe a majority would if the market
is allowed to mature, where are the new smokers going to come from? Most new non
tobacco using vapers use zero nic. They would have to insure a steady influx of new
smokers to keep the ball rolling. That means underage smokers. If vaping is allowed
to become more mainstream I for one will not assume that our young people will
stick with smoking when a clear alternative is available. Recent trends bare me out.
Regards
mike

Reactions: Jman8

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Check out this thread on reddit. I think RaltSig150 has got it right:

Why Don't I Get a Buzz Like Conventional Cigs? • /r/electronic_cigarette

I agree, though I think it's primarily from nicotine -- when I was first trying vaping at diff tasting bars, I tried one or two flavors that they only had for tasting in 12mg... and when I got up off the stool, I nearly fell back down with the dizziness. I'm at 5.5mg now, and if I vaped some 12mg, I'd get dizzy, and then nauseous if I didn't stop right away.

When I first tried WTA, with the added alkaloids including the MAOIs, it did NOT make me feel any particular way at all -- except I didn't have cravings; the vape experience itself is no different at all.

Andria

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
You're missing my point just to be contrary. I never said they would. I was pointing out how can
they expect to maintain a market share if vaping and smoking were allowed to co-exist.
Eventually as smokers switched to vaping and, I believe a majority would if the market
is allowed to mature, where are the new smokers going to come from? Most new non
tobacco using vapers use zero nic. They would have to insure a steady influx of new
smokers to keep the ball rolling. That means underage smokers. If vaping is allowed
to become more mainstream I for one will not assume that our young people will
stick with smoking when a clear alternative is available. Recent trends bare me out.
Regards
mike

Hey you were the One who Suggested that "they" would have to put Addictive Chemicals in e-Liquids to keep Never-Smokers hooked not me.

You say that Most Never-Smokers use 0mg. Great. Post where you are Getting this Data From.

Lastly, You want to talk about Theoretics if the e-Cigarette market was "allowed to mature". But that Isn't going to happen. The e-Cigarette market Is going to be Regulated.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Can't quote Closed Threads directly. So here it is...

"BTW - I will make a Prediction, Today. So get out your Chisels and Carve this one in Stone.

I Predict that the RJR Vuse will be one of the 1st FDA Approved e-Cigarettes."

Post #40 in Big 3 tobacco makers want FDA to ban vapor e-cigs

Here's an example of a closed thread member referenced quote picking up the unique post number [14128017]...

Or, for a generic no member reference quote…

Both link back to the original post.

Hope this helps. G'luck.

:)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here's an example of a closed thread member referenced quote picking up the unique post number [14128017]...

Or, for a generic no member reference quote…

Hope this helps. G'luck.

:)

Yeah... I could have done that. But I'm pretty Lazy before I have had my Coffee. Especially on a Sunday's.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey you were the One who Suggested that "they" would have to put Addictive Chemicals in e-Liquids to keep Never-Smokers hooked not me.

You say that Most Never-Smokers use 0mg. Great. Post where you are Getting this Data From.

Lastly, You want to talk about Theoretics if the e-Cigarette market was "allowed to mature". But that Isn't going to happen. The e-Cigarette market Is going to be Regulated.

I think there are probably a good many never-smokers who do use nicotine, for the benefits that nicotine provides but that they were unwilling to smoke, to get -- but they may claim to use 0mg on this forum, due to all the ignorant flaming they receive if they mention that they're a never-smoker who vapes nicotine.

Andria

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I think there are probably a good many never-smokers who do use nicotine, for the benefits that nicotine provides but that they were unwilling to smoke, to get -- but they may claim to use 0mg on this forum, due to all the ignorant flaming they receive if they mention that they're a never-smoker who vapes nicotine.

Andria

Better than microdosin' hallucinagens mebe. Just sayin'. :) G'luck.

p.s. I'm almost 0-nic myself in high output gear. Still can handle a bit over 12mg occasionally for sampling and comparison.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndriaD
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread