Status
Not open for further replies.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
But I need some help. Please tell me.. Why should get a reo mod? Can it handle my builds? Are there any others things to take in consideration? Should I order replacement parts with the initial order too? (I live in Europe, shipping costs were around 20bucks alone)
there are others who will chime in, that do very low ohm builds, I'll page a couple of em for ya to make sure. But yes he recently began using a button that handles higher heat, cuz at least one guy melted a delrin button or two. Since you'll be getting one from Reosmods.com you'll have the new 510 pin and the new gold plated contacts, you'll need those for the low ohms like you suggest. You'll need a lot of deoxit gold probably if you don't already have that.

As to why a Reo.......it's the best! You can't kill em really. I'd definitely order a couple extra springs, you may never need one, but at least you'll have it. And definitely 2 or 3 extra positive contacts. Rob has videos as do others on changing those out yourself. There is really just nothing to break on these. He'll also be coming out with a metal mod that has a side fire button hopefully before Christmas call the P67. Dunno the price on them yet. You may also want some extra Orings or bottles, but you may have places there to get O rings.
@supertrunker come give us your nickel or dime on this please. Who else goes super low, brain aint workin now, but I know there are several.

If you need Rob (the maker of them) he's a pm, phone call, or email away and will do whatever he can to help you troubleshoot and fix. So will the amazing community here!

Rickw57

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2015
Haarlem
there are others who will chime in, that do very low ohm builds, I'll page a couple of em for ya to make sure. But yes he recently began using a button that handles higher heat, cuz at least one guy melted a delrin button or two. Since you'll be getting one from Reosmods.com you'll have the new 510 pin and the new gold plated contacts, you'll need those for the low ohms like you suggest. You'll need a lot of deoxit gold probably if you don't already have that.

As to why a Reo.......it's the best! You can't kill em really. I'd definitely order a couple extra springs, you may never need one, but at least you'll have it. And definitely 2 or 3 extra positive contacts. Rob has videos as do others on changing those out yourself. There is really just nothing to break on these. He'll also be coming out with a metal mod that has a side fire button hopefully before Christmas call the P67. Dunno the price on them yet. You may also want some extra Orings or bottles, but you may have places there to get O rings.
@supertrunker come give us your nickel or dime on this please. Who else goes super low, brain aint workin now, but I know there are several.

If you need Rob (the maker of them) he's a pm, phone call, or email away and will do whatever he can to help you troubleshoot and fix. So will the amazing community here!
Thank you for your reply! Cheers!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Thank you for your reply! Cheers!
Yw......you may get more replies more quickly if you post the same thing as a new thread in the Reo forum. Not a whole lot of folks frequent the lounge. But this is a great community and if they see it, they'll come runnin to answer anything they can

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
lol I love corned beef......even the kind in the can. In fact, made some either last week or the week before with cabbage. Hadn't had any in a long time. Hiya!!
Me too! I usually hold off until Saint Patties day though.:)

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
lol I love corned beef......even the kind in the can. In fact, made some either last week or the week before with cabbage. Hadn't had any in a long time. Hiya!!
I misread that and was thinking Spam I love corned beef but don't think I could eat it out of a can all the same :)

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I like a good corned beef brisket. I put cabbage and potatoes in it. Sometimes I cut up carrots and onion in there too. I could eat it until I just about pop. But it is expensive these days, and I rarely buy one. They are tasty though. Leftovers make a real good sandwich too!!!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I misread that and was thinking Spam I love corned beef but don't think I could eat it out of a can all the same :)
lol newp spam and I are NOT friends! Now my nephew did make one thing I liked, but for me to eat it you have to cut the spam in about a 1/4" dice, really tiny, fry it til it's good and dead, as crispy as you can get it. Make some rice, scramble some eggs, mix it all together with some jalapenos and a bit of the pickled jalapeno juice. That was yummy, but would still rather put another meat in it, or just leave out the spam.

I like a good corned beef brisket. I put cabbage and potatoes in it. Sometimes I cut up carrots and onion in there too. I could eat it until I just about pop. But it is expensive these days, and I rarely buy one. They are tasty though. Leftovers make a real good sandwich too!!!
Agree on all points, except I always use onion.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I run down to 0.3Ω in my Reos - and i use them all the time like that. I have melted more than a few buttons and some years ago i started modifying them. But buttons are now made from PEEK.

To answer your questions, if you run low sub Ohm coils in anything then you'll need to keep it meticulously clean. All new Reos now come with a gold plated beryllium copper firing pin and all you need to do to clean it is rub it with a bit of alcohol and put a drop of Deoxit on it. I reckon once a week. My laziness is what used to cause melted buttons :)

As for spares, sod's law dictates that the only time you will drop a spring is when you don't have one - so buy one. I'm making a bold assumption here that you are looking to use something like a LP (low profile - so ANY 510 atty fits it) Reo Grand and some good batteries.

Hope that helps some.

T

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Spam always reminds me of the terrible abuses of food that were school dinners.

There are generations of people scarred by recollections of awful food. Spam fritters were bad enough, but nothing could beat semolina that could double as bricklaying mortar.

T

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Toad in the hole - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are some variations of course, especially HRH calling it 'toad in the hat' for reasons i have never understood!

The link is really a 2 for the price of one deal: Yorkshire pudding is the batter used, and is not a dessert at all.

T

Reactions: Debadoo

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Finally I can use this built in ECF emoticon thingy. Only took 3-4 years but well worth it here in REOville!

:spam:

RHP
lol yur gittin there! Pretty soon we'll have ya usin tons of em! I have about 1500 in my photobucket and another 100 and something saved I need to put in there.

You need to talk to Deb and Ratty for all that stuff. Sometimes Unsure has a few too.

T
jup Gil has some great ones that I steal when he posts em, but he doesn't use em much....Rattytat has a ton!

Never had yorkshire puddin, but the toad in a hole looks yummy. I've always wanted to make some bubble and squeak

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
lol yur gittin there! Pretty soon we'll have ya usin tons of em! I have about 1500 in my photobucket and another 100 and something saved I need to put in there.

jup Gil has some great ones that I steal when he posts em, but he doesn't use em much....Rattytat has a ton!

Never had yorkshire puddin, but the toad in a hole looks yummy. I've always wanted to make some bubble and squeak
yorkshire pudding was the biggest reason I didn't want to remove my downstairs oven one little tiny footstep on the floor and its buggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread