Significant other anti-vape

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
I do not vape in the house. My gf does not vape in the house. We treat vaping like smoking. If your partner would prefer you not to vape in the house, then why not just vape outside? Cold? Grab a sweater.

Same at my house...i have seen what this stuff has left on my car window over time and don't want it in my house or deposited on my kids stuff or grandson's toys left here. I vape in my car but will not in my house. Plus it keeps me from chain vaping which when i look at the deposits on my car window it reminds me of why heavy vaping can't be good for my lungs anyway. That's just me though and my feelings and reasons on it.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
@WharfRat1976 HauntedMyst's first sentence was in response to the below quote from Douggro.

The rest of his post is Myst being Myst and letting his sense of humour run riot. You as a long term member of this forum should be well aware of this by now. ;)

As as for

You can always use the "ignore thread" option that is available at the top of every screen. Make use of it - I know I have and continue to do so.
Sounds good.

Last edited:

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
Hubby and I built a new home. We didn't hire a contractor, didn't hire builders. He and I built it from the foundation up. we are very proud of our accomplishment.

Tip of the hat to you! Wife and I did the same thing 23 years ago, other than the septic tank we did every thing our selves including the plumbing and electrical. Only non family 'workers' who have ever even been inside our house were the two men who delivered our drywall. World would be a better place if there were more of us!

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Tip of the hat to you! Wife and I did the same thing 23 years ago, other than the septic tank we did every thing our selves including the plumbing and electrical. Only non family 'workers' who have ever even been inside our house were the two men who delivered our drywall. World would be a better place if there were more of us!
Thank you and back at cha. We built the septic tank too. :D the only thing we had help with is the decking on the roof but only because I couldn't lift the 4x8 sheets of plywood up there while hubby we putting them in place.

Reactions: OldBatty

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
This is true. About 8 months ago, my wife and I were playing that Celebrity game where couples say a 5 celebrities they can have sex with and the other one can't get mad. She could only come up with 3 and I took her extras and made my list 7. Two months ago, I'm on a flight from Chicago to LA and it turns out #7 is sitting next to me. We get to talking, really hit it off after a couple of hours I told her she made my list. Well, she blows my mind and says she is up for it! Well, I was speechless! Then I said, "You are joking right?" She says "No, I think funny men are sexy and I've always wanted to join the mile high club. Meet you in there in 5 mins" and gets up and head to the lou. I am so excited I actually used my credit card on the plane phone and I didn't care it was going to cost me $20 for the call! I called my wife and I was like "Baby, you aren't going to believe it, guess who is here and who is in-to-it?" My wife says "What the hell are you talking about?" I said "The Celebrity game, my number 7 is here and she wants to join the mile high club! Baby, I'm gonna win the game!" You'd think she'd be happy for me. You'd think she'd be supportive. I'm always happy for her when she is winning Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly but no, my wife screams "What? What are you saying you bass turd?" I'm like "What, are you mad it's with number 7? I only took 2 more because you weren't going to use them." So she says "It's not about the number you idiot, you call me to tell me you are going to cheat on me?" And all the while I can hear stuff, my stuff breaking in the background. And I'm like "What? It's part of the game. I don't think you get this game. You are the one who brought up this game which is about celebrities your spouse can have sex with and you can't get mad." She goes into this tirade for 20 mins about about "monogamy" and "fidelity" and "sacred vows" and how it was a joke and how I must not love her, yada, yada, yada and I'm thinking "Well, this doesn't look good for me. Number 7 is waiting, my wife is mad at me for either 1. I could win the game we were playing and mad about me winning (She was never going to get to meet Daniel Craig, be real honey) or 2. if she is mad about the other "monogamy" and "fidelity" stuff and, AND I'm thinking about how this victory phone call is now gonna cost me about $100 and that's when she hung up. So number 7 comes back mad, pours a drink in my lap and tells me she was ready to go all night. Women are confusing. I guess what I am saying is, think your choices through.

Well! I have to comment here, as a woman. My ex fiance (OP, note the words "ex fiance") had a thing for pretty much every weather girl on every news channel and the Weather Channel. Everyday he checked them all out and commented on how beautiful they were. I ignored him as I wasn't too concerned my fat, bald, poor fiance was going to manage to date any of them.

One day he asks me if there are any men on any of the news channels I think are hot. I say, "Stone Phillips". Oh, was that ever a mistake. He spent the next two years we were together obsessing about it. He questioned me every few days, as if he really believed I was somehow plotting to run off with Stone Phillips.

Women are from Venus and men are crazy :D

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Well! I have to comment here, as a woman. My ex fiance (OP, note the words "ex fiance") had a thing for pretty much every weather girl on every news channel and the Weather Channel. Everyday he checked them all out and commented on how beautiful they were. I ignored him as I wasn't too concerned my fat, bald, poor fiance was going to manage to date any of them.

One day he asks me if there are any men on any of the news channels I think are hot. I say, "Stone Phillips". Oh, was that ever a mistake. He spent the next two years we were together obsessing about it. He questioned me every few days, as if he really believed I was somehow plotting to run off with Stone Phillips.

Women are from Venus and men are crazy :D

LOL! You never know who is going to be insecure in a relationship. My wife is bright, charming, successful, loving, looks 10 to 15 years younger than she is and would have 10 guys wanting to be her date to my funeral, yet she's the more insecure one. I'm a putz who is lucky to walk upright and whose (if we got a divorce) best odds of getting a date with a woman would rely solely on my non-existent ability to invent a nuclear weapon that would eliminate all the other men on the planet but I'm not all that insecure (about the relationship. I still have daily, near paralyzing panic attacks about my intelligence, creativity, ability to be a father, etc but surprisingly, not about the relationship).

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
LOL! You never know who is going to be insecure in a relationship. My wife is bright, charming, successful, loving, looks 10 to 15 years younger than she is and would have 10 guys wanting to be her date to my funeral, yet she's the more insecure one. I'm a putz who is lucky to walk upright and whose (if we got a divorce) best odds of getting a date with a woman would rely solely on my non-existent ability to invent a nuclear weapon that would eliminate all the other men on the planet but I'm not all that insecure (about the relationship. I still have daily, near paralyzing panic attacks about my intelligence, creativity, ability to be a father, etc but surprisingly, not about the relationship).

I'm not insecure either. Want a model or the weather girl? There's the door; go get yourself one :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    As a smoker, he feels threatened by your vaping because he feels that you might try to make him switch to vaping.

Confront him about it with a forceful and stern attitude and let him know that you have no intention to force him to try to switch to vaping. Tell him, from that point forward, you will vape when and where you please and any complaints he might have he can take them to his mother.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    As a smoker, he feels threatened by your vaping because he feels that you might try to make him switch to vaping.

Confront him about it with a forceful and stern attitude and let him know that you have no intention to force him to try to switch to vaping. Tell him, from that point forward, you will vape when and where you please and any complaints he might have he can take them to his mother.
    And let us know how this works out lol.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    This is true. About 8 months ago, my wife and I were playing that Celebrity game where couples say a 5 celebrities they can have sex with and the other one can't get mad. She could only come up with 3 and I took her extras and made my list 7. Two months ago, I'm on a flight from Chicago to LA and it turns out #7 is sitting next to me. We get to talking, really hit it off after a couple of hours I told her she made my list. Well, she blows my mind and says she is up for it! Well, I was speechless! Then I said, "You are joking right?" She says "No, I think funny men are sexy and I've always wanted to join the mile high club. Meet you in there in 5 mins" and gets up and head to the lou. I am so excited I actually used my credit card on the plane phone and I didn't care it was going to cost me $20 for the call! I called my wife and I was like "Baby, you aren't going to believe it, guess who is here and who is in-to-it?" My wife says "What the hell are you talking about?" I said "The Celebrity game, my number 7 is here and she wants to join the mile high club! Baby, I'm gonna win the game!" You'd think she'd be happy for me. You'd think she'd be supportive. I'm always happy for her when she is winning Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly but no, my wife screams "What? What are you saying you bass turd?" I'm like "What, are you mad it's with number 7? I only took 2 more because you weren't going to use them." So she says "It's not about the number you idiot, you call me to tell me you are going to cheat on me?" And all the while I can hear stuff, my stuff breaking in the background. And I'm like "What? It's part of the game. I don't think you get this game. You are the one who brought up this game which is about celebrities your spouse can have sex with and you can't get mad." She goes into this tirade for 20 mins about about "monogamy" and "fidelity" and "sacred vows" and how it was a joke and how I must not love her, yada, yada, yada and I'm thinking "Well, this doesn't look good for me. Number 7 is waiting, my wife is mad at me for either 1. I could win the game we were playing and mad about me winning (She was never going to get to meet Daniel Craig, be real honey) or 2. if she is mad about the other "monogamy" and "fidelity" stuff and, AND I'm thinking about how this victory phone call is now gonna cost me about $100 and that's when she hung up. So number 7 comes back mad, pours a drink in my lap and tells me she was ready to go all night. Women are confusing. I guess what I am saying is, think your choices through.

Then you woke up. This is true.

Reactions: Rossum

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Then you woke up. This is true.

Curses! Foiled again! You and Wharf are too smart for me. Argh! I hate it when MENSA members join ECF and see through my thinly veiled lies with their razor sharp Holmesian intellects!

Last edited:

jlb

ECF Veteran
    Aug 22, 2015
    The struggle is real! I've been quit smoking for over a year now thanks to vaping. At first, my wife was in it with me then last Christmas I tried to upgrade her just a little because I thought she would enjoy it a little more. Well... it backfired. She felt like it was just too complicated and went back to just smoking instead of a little of both. I'm overstocked with 12 and 18mg juice that I really don't use anymore. Innokin just came out with a new starter kit, the T18. So I ordered it for her for one more shot at it. No adjusting vv/vw, just fire it up then vape. I have never said anything to her since she doesn't complain about my gear or vaping in the house. But I think if she was to complain about the smell of my vape, I'dhave to complain about her cigarette breath when she comes in from smoking. I wish you luck!

jlb

ECF Veteran
    Aug 22, 2015
    To add to my previous reply, my wife has been behind me all the way and is very proud of me. Im 42 and smoked since I was 14. Seems like he would be proud that you have made a lifestyle change for the better. I'm definitely not going to give relationship advice, because thats not what you asked for. But you think he would be happy that you may be in his life a little longer than you would if you had continued smoking. Just please don't let this thing turn you against vaping. I'm done with my comments on this now. Again, I wish you the best of luck with your situation.

Reactions: David Wolf
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread