Status
Not open for further replies.

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Suprtrkr got me thinking when he mentioned his “desktop DIY Cinnamon Red Hots, which is my all day vape at work.”

Since that’s also my favorite DIY juice, I’m wondering if it can be improved without "reinventing the wheel".

I settled on a simple, one flavor recipe-- 12% TFA Cinnamon Red Hots in 70/30 pg/vg & steeped for at least a month. Now I’m wondering if there isn’t something missing.

What are in your mixes?

Reactions: thetrucker

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Mine is identical to yours, except I find 10% TFA CRH to be adequately powerful. I am back to 30/70 pg/vg, but I found it worked perfectly well at 20/80. I have built it from 12 to 3 mg nic, without a great flavor variation, but it gets throat hit-y in higher concentrations. FWIW, I have been using the older flavor with the alcohol base, but I think I will try the pg version next time I order. As for steepage, I use a two bottle system. I keep two 125ml Boston Rounds for the flavor. When I empty one, I make another. By the time I empty the next bottle, the "new" one is steeped :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
My favorite red hot cinnamon is not a diy but just for discussion I have tried many different flavors about 200 or there bouts and found VAPAGE red hot cinnamon to be the

best in my 2 years of experimenting with this great hobby.....love to add menthol.....
Hmm... menthol. That sounds interesting. Or maybe 1% peppermint or wintergreen.

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY
Hmm... menthol. That sounds interesting. Or maybe 1% peppermint or wintergreen.
Wintergreen.... hmmm. Might be worth a try.

My first hot cinnamon was Cinnamon Fire Storm from DFW Vapor. It's very good, hotter & more complex than mine, but I'd rather make my own.

lately I have been using 5 drops of Loranns Anise and 5 drops of Loranns "Peppermint" and using 50/50 of pg-vg----been really good tasting........

was surprised ---used it in my Ijust 2 and anywhere from 30 to 80 watts depending on the battery charge state......

I have sort of given the peppermint a name-----poor mans menthol........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread