Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBabushka

Sep 30, 2015
British Columbia
Just ordered the Stealth P3 Kabuki, absolutely can not wait for my set up to get here and vape what I've been missing! Coming from a subox Mini, which was nice in its own right, but this is going to be beautiful. How many watts is just right on the Provari?

gnees

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Zephyrhills Fl.
Just ordered the Stealth P3 Kabuki, absolutely can not wait for my set up to get here and vape what I've been missing! Coming from a subox Mini, which was nice in its own right, but this is going to be beautiful. How many watts is just right on the Provari?
Your going to get a lot of different answers. But, I start at 7 watts to break in the coil. Then work my way up. I end up around 9.8 to 10.4 watts. That seems to be my sweet spot.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Your going to get a lot of different answers. But, I start at 7 watts to break in the coil. Then work my way up. I end up around 9.8 to 10.4 watts. That seems to be my sweet spot.

:thumb:

MrBabushka

Sep 30, 2015
British Columbia
When I purchased the Aspire coils for the Kabuki I noticed there was a 1.6ohm and 1.8ohm coil, is there really any difference between these? I ended up picking the 1.6ohm, I hope that was the right choice. I've also heard mention around these threads that there is perhaps a better alternative to the Aspire coils?

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
I have a Kabuki on the way. One question-back when I was reading the Nautilus threads it was said the the Nautilus BVC's liked higher wattages, in the 12W to 15W range. Does that not apply to the Kabuki? Guessing it's the increased airflow or better power output of a Provari? I do have a couple of Nautilus minis and a full size Nautilus and I do tend to run them around 12-14W's.

Reactions: Katdarling

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
When I purchased the Aspire coils for the Kabuki I noticed there was a 1.6ohm and 1.8ohm coil, is there really any difference between these? I ended up picking the 1.6ohm, I hope that was the right choice. I've also heard mention around these threads that there is perhaps a better alternative to the Aspire coils?

In my humble experience, not much difference between 1.6Ω and 1.8Ω. 'Cept the lower resistance will take less battery power to produce the same watts. Slighty longer battery life in theory I guess. I've just gotten the 1.6's since they became available and switched from ceramic to cotton.

There are Cisco-spec replacements for the Aspire Nautilus coils, but I have personally never tried these. The whole point of Kabuki's and Nautilus coils, for me, is easy, fast, and portable for traveling, because the TSA really doesn't seem to care about e-cigs of any kind, including GGs and Super T devices, which look a lot like pipe bombs and silencers ;-) OTOH they wake right up when you try to walk through kanthal wire, pliers, and all the other stuff that comes with rebuildable atomizers :-(

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Kabuki tank is with Nautilus coils, but I'm not gonna sit around and (to quote, cut n' pasted from the Cisco/Aspire coils page) "Cleaning:

This is a simple procedure and requires rinsing with water or ethanol, drying/blowing excess water out, inserting coil into base of aspire tank and dry burning briefly until “sizzle” is faintly heard. The coil should not glow with heat for more than a split second but can be repeated multiple times in short bursts of heating/cooling. This will "burn off" any carbon build up on the coil"
Uhm... just no. This is the part where it's time to learn how to build a coil and get an RTA instead of screwing around with trying to keep disposable coils going... my time is worth more than that, it just brings me back to 2010 and blue-aquarium foam and straw m0dz for cigalike cartos to improve performance; been there, done that, can't be bothered.

I'm presently using Kabuki's about half the time, and Kayfun's and Mark Bugs GEM attys, the rest of the time.

FWIW: 95% of the time I'm vaping at 8-12watts, depends on the eliquid. I tend to chain-vape and go through 10-15mL per day.

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
In my humble experience, not much difference between 1.6Ω and 1.8Ω. 'Cept the lower resistance will take less battery power to produce the same watts. Slighty longer battery life in theory I guess. I've just gotten the 1.6's since they became available and switched from ceramic to cotton.

There are Cisco-spec replacements for the Aspire Nautilus coils, but I have personally never tried these. The whole point of Kabuki's and Nautilus coils, for me, is easy, fast, and portable for traveling, because the TSA really doesn't seem to care about e-cigs of any kind, including GGs and Super T devices, which look a lot like pipe bombs and silencers ;-) OTOH they wake right up when you try to walk through kanthal wire, pliers, and all the other stuff that comes with rebuildable atomizers :-(

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Kabuki tank is with Nautilus coils, but I'm not gonna sit around and (to quote, cut n' pasted from the Cisco/Aspire coils page) "Cleaning:

This is a simple procedure and requires rinsing with water or ethanol, drying/blowing excess water out, inserting coil into base of aspire tank and dry burning briefly until “sizzle” is faintly heard. The coil should not glow with heat for more than a split second but can be repeated multiple times in short bursts of heating/cooling. This will "burn off" any carbon build up on the coil"
Uhm... just no. This is the part where it's time to learn how to build a coil and get an RTA instead of screwing around with trying to keep disposable coils going... my time is worth more than that, it just brings me back to 2010 and blue-aquarium foam and straw m0dz for cigalike cartos to improve performance; been there, done that, can't be bothered.

I'm presently using Kabuki's about half the time, and Kayfun's and Mark Bugs GEM attys, the rest of the time.

FWIW: 95% of the time I'm vaping at 8-12watts, depends on the eliquid. I tend to chain-vape and go through 10-15mL per day.

Agreed. If you didn't know which you were vaping, it's unlikely you'd be able to tell a difference. Either's fine, I usually go higher resistance whenever possible (just because I do). But I'd buy the LR's in a snap if that's all I was able to buy.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Yep, me too! And I hope Zen gets on to FT about it as well.
I imagine @Zen~ anticipated the cloning of the Kabuki. They seem to clone every popular atomizer that hits these ECF threads, and any other popular brand items from every industry imaginable. I have read in other forums where customer fan bases asked the Mfg.'s why they can't do something about it, it's like playing whack a mole, Mfg.'s could spend themselves broke trying to fight a tide with pitchforks. Then there are all those folks who either won't, or can't afford to spend the money on authentic merchandise. I believe that the best thing fans of a good Mfg. can do is to support them by purchasing their products as needed, or wanted.

FogZone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2015
United States
image.jpeg
I've got 2 Kabuki's & love them!
It's really amazing how they improve the performance of the Nauti coils.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I don't know about the better alternative - yet. I think we are still waiting on what Zen~ says about these alternatives.

I buy both 1.6 and 1.8 ohm coils. The aren't exactly that or at least don't show up on my Kabuki as that. Usually the 1.6 is around 1.7. I don't notice any difference but then I haven't used them for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread