Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So another question- when I borrowed his set up, he told me I'd have to change out the atomizer. When he refers to atomizer, that's the same thing y'all refer to as coils, right?

I did change it out and primed it like he showed me. I filled the tank and the juice was delicious! I'm in about 5 or 6 days with that new atomizer and now the flavor just isn't there anymore. Is it time to change the atomizer already?? They guy at the Vape shop told me they'd last between 2-4 weeks but not likely to be towards the 4 week mark. Seems like I'm going through the juice so fast but maybe it just seems like it because idk what is "normal" usage. Any thoughts?

Vigga relax that's an order:vapor:.

Yes what your son called the Atomizer is what we call the coil head or OCC coil head.

The length the head lasts depends on the juicd you are using and how the coil head is wicked. Some coil heads don't have enough cotton and they leak or spit back.

Too much cotton and it can't wick properly and you burn the cotton.

This is why I rebuild. I am relatively sure what my vape will be like once I have it primed and ready to go.:toast:

Reactions: vigga256

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
The nano is a slightly smaller tank in both circumference and in how much juice it holds. It comes with factory coils. No RBA base is included. If you want one you have to purchase separately.

The subtank mini also comes with factory coils but also includes a RBA base that allows you to build your own coils (as well as 2 pre-wound coils, plus wick and wire).

Watch the video I posted. The reviewer shows how to use the RBA base and build a coil.

Susan-S the video you are referring to is marked in red and titled "kangertech subox mini kit", right? I've tried clicking the link a couple of times but nothing ever comes up. It just spins like it's loading but never start.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
Vigga relax that's an order:vapor:.

Yes what your son called the Atomizer is what we call the coil head or OCC coil head.

The length the head lasts depends on the juicd you are using and how the coil head is wicked. Some coil heads don't have enough cotton and they leak or spit back.

Too much cotton and it can't wick properly and you burn the cotton.

This is why I rebuild. I am relatively sure what my vape will be like once I have it primed and ready to go.:toast:

:) ok...relaxed...somewhat lol

So, yes, it's time to change the coil again? That's why the flavor isn't there anymore when it was super great before?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Wow! That's quite a bit of savings!!

I know you're probably a pro at rebuilding now but was it difficult when you started doing it?

I do alright. In the beginning it was scary but I used a resistance meter. And bought a coil jig.

Now after I found my sweet spot. I prefer the resistance .8-1 ohm

I use 26 gsugr Kanthal. 8 wrsps around a 2mm rod gives me .89 ohms. I can almost do it blindfolded

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Susan-S the video you are referring to is marked in red and titled "kangertech subox mini kit", right? I've tried clicking the link a couple of times but nothing ever comes up. It just spins like it's loading but never start.
Yes, that's the video. I have no problem loading it. Here it is

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
:) ok...relaxed...somewhat lol

So, yes, it's time to change the coil again? That's why the flavor isn't there anymore when it was super great before?
Probably. Try drinking a lot of water, too. You might have a condition we call "vaper's tongue," meaning you can't taste the juice any more. Vaping dehydrates you, you need water. And try switching up flavors. I have three main flavors, Cinnamon Red Hots, Peppermint and Clove. I vape the Cinnamon at work and switch between Peppermint and Clove at home. I use dripping atomizers, not tanks, at the house, so I will vape one dripper full of Clove, then refill it and switch to Peppermint for a dripper-full, then switch back. This keeps your tongue in the game :)

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Probably. Try drinking a lot of water, too. You might have a condition we call "vaper's tongue," meaning you can't taste the juice any more. Vaping dehydrates you, you need water. And try switching up flavors. I have three main flavors, Cinnamon Red Hots, Peppermint and Clove. I vape the Cinnamon at work and switch between peppermint at home. I use dripping atomizers, not tanks, at the house, so I will vape one dripper full of Clove, then refill it and switch to Peppermint for a dripper-full, then switch back. This keeps your tongue in the game :)

Same reason why I use two RTAs but don't have to drip.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Same reason why I use two RTAs but don't have to drip.
Yes, it's easier to do with more gear. That way you don't have to change flavors in just the one tank.

EDIT: Here's the rigs I'm using today. The Cinnamon is on the left, MMV Nanos mod with a Sub Ohm Innovations Big Dripper; the Clove in the center, Wotofo Phantom mod with a Wotofo Sapor RDA; and the Peppermint on the right, MMV Poldiac mod with a Council of Vapor Aris Pro RDA.
20151129_094707.jpg

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Yes, it's easier to do with more gear. That way you don't have to change flavors in just the one tank.

Exactly. My Goblin Mini goes with Mr down town running errands. When I get home my GMini is filled and my Silverplay Nano goes on my mod.

Reactions: suprtrkr

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I guess that is something I'll need to read more about. Do you do your own because, as you said, you know how you like them or is it also a more economical way to go?
I thought I'd be saving some money by not buying analogs any longer- roughly $7 a pack X's 7 days a week= about $50. I've spent over that in a week just buying coils and juices! I haven't even ordered the kangertech yet! Smh. I think it may round it's self out once I find a few juices I will buy repeatedly and have a good mod (is that what you'd call the device itself?) lol

it's more economical to make your own coils;
when you first start vaping, just swaping out the coil is okay, but if you start vaping a lot, the cost of coils can become a pain.
I used to change a coil head after 3 days. Partly because... well after a week it tastes burnt, so do I vape my costly juice on a halfused coil ?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So another question- when I borrowed his set up, he told me I'd have to change out the atomizer. When he refers to atomizer, that's the same thing y'all refer to as coils, right?

I did change it out and primed it like he showed me. I filled the tank and the juice was delicious! I'm in about 5 or 6 days with that new atomizer and now the flavor just isn't there anymore. Is it time to change the atomizer already?? They guy at the Vape shop told me they'd last between 2-4 weeks but not likely to be towards the 4 week mark. Seems like I'm going through the juice so fast but maybe it just seems like it because idk what is "normal" usage. Any thoughts?

for me a carton of cigs would last a week;
for some people I know a carton would last over a month.

it's the same with atomizers/coils; also, the type of juice you vape affects how fast the coil gunks up.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
it's more economical to make your own coils;
when you first start vaping, just swaping out the coil is okay, but if you start vaping a lot, the cost of coils can become a pain.
I used to change a coil head after 3 days. Partly because... well after a week it tastes burnt, so do I vape my costly juice on a halfused coil ?
Seems to be a lot cheaper doing your own. I will master the whole vapor process first and then maybe look into rebuilding. Don't want my mind going into overload! Lol :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Seems to be a lot cheaper doing your own. I will master the whole vapor process first and then maybe look into rebuilding. Don't want my mind going into overload! Lol :)
That's the spirit! There's a learning curve, like all things, but it isn't hard to do and it doesn't take long to make it functional; albeit perfection is an elusive thing like everywhere else. Sing out when you're ready, PM me or post a thread, and we'll help you select the gear and tools you'll need.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
Probably. Try drinking a lot of water, too. You might have a condition we call "vaper's tongue," meaning you can't taste the juice any more. Vaping dehydrates you, you need water. And try switching up flavors. I have three main flavors, Cinnamon Red Hots, Peppermint and Clove. I vape the Cinnamon at work and switch between Peppermint and Clove at home. I use dripping atomizers, not tanks, at the house, so I will vape one dripper full of Clove, then refill it and switch to Peppermint for a dripper-full, then switch back. This keeps your tongue in the game :)
I read about that today and it makes a lot of sense. I have switched back and forth over the week from drake's vapes vanilla trifecta (which I adore!) to vapor fi's menthol freeze so I didn't think I was getting too much of one flavor. There were a lot of tips and tricks I read to overcome vapors tongue/vapors fatigue including staying hydrated. I do drink a lot of water already, so that's covered. I tried smelling coffee grounds and rinsing/brushing with listerene and that did help...some. I'm not getting a burnt taste suggesting it's time to replace the coil but maybe that is soon to come.

vigga256

Nov 29, 2015
That's the spirit! There's a learning curve, like all things, but it isn't hard to do and it doesn't take long to make it functional; albeit perfection is an elusive thing like everywhere else. Sing out when you're ready, PM me or post a thread, and we'll help you select the gear and tools you'll need.
:) thanks!

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
I read about that today and it makes a lot of sense. I have switched back and forth over the week from drake's vapes vanilla trifecta (which I adore!) to vapor fi's menthol freeze so I didn't think I was getting too much of one flavor. There were a lot of tips and tricks I read to overcome vapors tongue/vapors fatigue including staying hydrated. I do drink a lot of water already, so that's covered. I tried smelling coffee grounds and rinsing/brushing with listerene and that did help...some. I'm not getting a burnt taste suggesting it's time to replace the coil but maybe that is soon to come.
That's the ticket. When the coil burns, you'll know. Promise. It's nasty. Beelzebub wouldn't vape that :)

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
yes seems standard. most devices i see today but are not limited are VW variable wattage where you focus on the wattage and it will change the volts for you. however i've heard of VV devices where you mess around with the voltage instead i wouldn't mess around with those if your new i think mech mods would be considered VV devices. like everyone will tell you, just find your sweet spot 15wats for a 1.2ohm might not be your sweet spot but is his. i dislike 1.0+ ohm coils too much resist for me so i subohm and go at about 25wats at the very least and have gone up to 45wats with ease. it all depends on your likes. safety is the key factor though so i would NOT recommend a mech mod or RDA's/RTA's without a fair amount of knowledge AND proper gear.

typically the lower wattage = less power = less vapor and it's just weak imo it's just like breathing where as higher wattage burns faster and without the right set up you can easily burn your coils out by burning the cotton and have a burnt taste. it also produces a lot of vapor faster but you need good wicking as well.

once you get into things like batteries and mech mods more experienced people can help you with that i don't mess with those atm would like to but just doesn't seem worth the investment in my situation atm. pro tip - START low then work high never do what i did when i started which was starting off high and working it down wattage wise. dumbest mistake i've made along with several others and wasn't pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread