Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel
Wood i used is 1.5" x 3" and however long you want.

After marking out the wood for drilling i put a piece of tape on the holesaw an inch from the cutting teeth as a depth gauge for each hole.
Once all holes are drilled take the chisel and insert into the middle of the wood thats left in the holes and twist which takes most if not all the crap out of the hole, a light sand all over and in the holes and you have a tidy rack.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

After marking out the wood for drilling i put a piece of tape on the holesaw an inch from the cutting teeth as a depth gauge for each hole.
Once all holes are drilled take the chisel and insert into the middle of the wood thats left in the holes and twist which takes most if not all the crap out of the hole, a light sand all over and in the holes and you have a tidy rack.

Very nice! That would be a cool idea for storing small vials of flavoring too!

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
Good idea! im on it! :D
I see people using shelves. With these individual holders you could separate flavors like, candy, fruit, nutty, tobacco... and pull a whole group at a time from a shelf, the individual rows could also seperate, Berry, stone fruit, tropical...
I think your onto something here!

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Very nice! That would be a cool idea for storing small vials of flavoring too!

I see people using shelves. With these individual holders you could separate flavors like, candy, fruit, nutty, tobacco... and pull a whole group at a time from a shelf, the individual rows could also seperate, Berry, stone fruit, tropical...
I think your onto something here!

No, this is your idea buddy and good one to, i have all my flavours in a drawer from an old pc table which is a pita when you are searching as you need to pick up a bunch at a time to find what you want.
You wouldnt need anything heavy duty like the battery holder i made, i was thinking that maybe a thinner piece of wood with holes drilled straight through and then just a piece of ply or similar glued to the bottom which would make the whole thing lighter.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA

No, this is your idea buddy and good one to, i have all my flavours in a drawer from an old pc table which is a pita when you are searching as you need to pick up a bunch at a time to find what you want.
You wouldnt need anything heavy duty like the battery holder i made, i was thinking that maybe a thinner piece of wood with holes drilled straight through and then just a piece of ply or similar glued to the bottom which would make the whole thing lighter.

I am home from work for 4-6 weeks while a broken bone in my foot heals, so have been trying desperately to find things I can do to keep my sanity.
The lighter materials sound like a good idea! I will look and see if I can find some good materials and try building a few for myself. Thank you!

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

Nice work, sir. I do the same thing to hold tanks, tube mods, etc. But I use scrap pieces of 2x4, and wood drill bits, and my Harbor Freight bench top drill press. Using wood bits saves having to dig out the 'slug' from the hole saw.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
Nice work, sir. I do the same thing to hold tanks, tube mods, etc. But I use scrap pieces of 2x4, and wood drill bits, and my Harbor Freight bench top drill press. Using wood bits saves having to dig out the 'slug' from the hole saw.

My first attempt was with some auger bits but the wood would end up splitting on the surface, even had the same happen with drill bits but im not sure they were woodworking bits or metal tbh, how can you tell if they are wood or metal, are wood the brass looking ones?

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

Looks Good SLIPPY_EEL.

I did a Similar project years ago. But what I did was drill the Holes all the way thru the material. Then I glued a Base onto the Block that had the Holes in it.

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

hi slippy eel!
looks nice !
a lot of holes to clean out so...I used forstner bits ..they work nice . clean holes .
also they cut much deeper if you ever want to cut a hole in a block of wood for a battery holder in a wood mod.

here are a copple of pictures of two I made a long time ago ..have fun

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
I am home from work for 4-6 weeks while a broken bone in my foot heals, so have been trying desperately to find things I can do to keep my sanity.
The lighter materials sound like a good idea! I will look and see if I can find some good materials and try building a few for myself. Thank you!
hi disallowedword !
bummer on your foot...
hobby lobby has some thin plywood and lowes has some other woods.
if you need to use some tools I am in Spokane valley .

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
hi disallowedword !
bummer on your foot...
hobby lobby has some thin plywood and lowes has some other woods.
if you need to use some tools I am in Spokane valley .

Thanks! I have the materials in the shed, just couldn’t really do it on crutches, and just as soon as the brace came off I went back to work and haven’t had an actual weekend off since. Been a struggle just keeping myself and friends in steeped e liquid, lol.
hi slippy eel!
looks nice !
a lot of holes to clean out so...I used forstner bits ..they work nice . clean holes .
also they cut much deeper if you ever want to cut a hole in a block of wood for a battery holder in a wood mod.

here are a copple of pictures of two I made a long time ago ..have fun

Wow nice work! Your input gives me more ideas.
Problem with the flavorings is I don’t use just one brand so need to figure out how to accommodate different bottle sizes, or maybe would make more sense to order a ton of 10-15ml bottles to put everything in.
~I am a master procrastinator~
Also have been thinking along the lines of building something stair stepped so I can easily view every bottle without digging through everything.
I’m one in a handful of drivers who knows every route we have, so likely won't have time until after everybody has there holiday vacations, I will post back in 2016 with whatever idea I borrow/come up with.

I went to Central Valley HS, and lived in the Valley for several years, the Valley is a great place! We are at Chattaroy now. I appreciate the offer of the tools, its man power Im lacking, lol. If you ever need anything let me know friend!

rolf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
spokane wa
hi again disalowedword !
used to live on Jackson rd in the hills ...of daymount Spokane.on 10 acres . still miss it !
same here if you need anything from building mods to flavors to try or? just let me know.
for flavors a stepped acrylic shelving with holes drilled and glued together like stairs would also be nice.
I am sure you will dream something up ..and find the time to do it

hrvoje

Nov 10, 2015

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

I did the same, but smaller. I do not have a lot of battery

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada

My first attempt was with some auger bits but the wood would end up splitting on the surface, even had the same happen with drill bits but im not sure they were woodworking bits or metal tbh, how can you tell if they are wood or metal, are wood the brass looking ones?

2 things. You could start a pilot with the hole saw, then use a boring bit to go down. No splitting. No chisel.

Secondly metal bits will have a wider flute angle than wood bits. Meaning the tip will be flatter from the tip to the edge of the flutes. They are measured in degrees. So you can get a 120*, 135* etc tip angle.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
2 things. You could start a pilot with the hole saw, then use a boring bit to go down. No splitting. No chisel.

Secondly metal bits will have a wider flute angle than wood bits. Meaning the tip will be flatter from the tip to the edge of the flutes. They are measured in degrees. So you can get a 120*, 135* etc tip angle.

Thanks for the info, that has helped me out big time, when i look at my tin of assorted bits that ive collected over the years i can now tell which are which :)

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014

20mm holesaw + drill
20mm chisel

I like the look of this. You may even use say another block attached to a backside and have it be 6" deep. Then drill or bore in only half the depth. This would give you a nice stair step look to overall piece. May be something you could sell as a hobby craft, if you felt confident enough in the making of them. Would seem vapers might pay out $30 - $40 for nice custom built wood mod and juice shelves. Matter of fact, have seen some already built and being sold. A good number though use plastics or acrylics. Not a thing wrong in that. Some may prefer wood though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread