Status
Not open for further replies.

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
Good Morning Airheads! Christmas decorations are done, the tree is up but no outside lights because we've had a monsoon this weekend. My oldest daughter is turning 25 next weekend so I'm planning her a birthday party. Painting with a twist; but at home. The actual site is $35.00 a head and that is no Bueno. So me and the youngest are putting together a at home paint party. Wine, beer, cheese, crackers and holiday cheer!

c0c8852c-24d2-41fb-b435-675a0f91afa8_zps8y8plqy9.jpg

Sorry that was bigger than I expected.
That sure is cool!! :)

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
but what is that intriguing rim for a bit below the top? is it meant to catch a bouncing cat? :?:

It is indeed a train track. My husband's one request for the tree; a working train. Thank goodness Miss Norris is an outside cat; I can't imagine how intriguing it might be should she be left alone to explore overnight. The dogs are another story. They like to drag my tree skirt around for sleeping purposes.

LostVapeMonster

The eyes are useless when the mind is blind.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
I've already told my kids that Christmas here will be a bit lean and since Christmas is for kids, Noah is first on the list. I can get him a ton of toys from Family Dollar for very little. Son and daughter come next. My son wants an electric razor so I'm looking around for the best deal on a fairly good one for him. Daughter? Who knows! I haven't been able to buy for her in years. :facepalm:
I am happy to report that I have probably about 3/4 of my Christmas shopping done! I think I'm going to get a tree tomorrow. I got most of my lights out yesterday. I would have been done if not for the stooooopid extension cords and the plugs not fitting. Whose idea was it to make one prong of the plug bigger than the other anyway? Grrrrr. :grr:

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
It is indeed a train track. My husband's one request for the tree; a working train. Thank goodness Miss Norris is an outside cat; I can't imagine how intriguing it might be should she be left alone to explore overnight. The dogs are another story. They like to drag my tree skirt around for sleeping purposes.
Gotta love those cats. :blink:
Pretty tree. :)

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I am happy to report that I have probably about 3/4 of my Christmas shopping done! I think I'm going to get a tree tomorrow. I got most of my lights out yesterday. I would have been done if not for the stooooopid extension cords and the plugs not fitting. Whose idea was it to make one prong of the plug bigger than the other anyway? Grrrrr. :grr:
Ralph Nader. I cuss him out regularly.

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Well then, I shall cuss him now too! If not for him, my lights would be finished!

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
We had to pick the Christmas tree up several times last year including on Christmas morning. It wasnt so bad when he was a kitten he would just hang out in there..but now that he is full grown and uh a little husky it comes down several times at least. The one year we had to leave the bottom half of the tree un decorated because my dog kept trying to eat all the ornaments. Now she just helps the cat bring down the tree. I usually stick my tree up very late because my son insist on leaving it up till june or july...thats when i can convince him that we need to take it down lol.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
back when I would put up real trees I woke in the middle of the night to a loud crash. My two kittens climbed the trunk and rode the tree to the ground. After a few more incidents we decided to take fishing wire and tie the tree to the wall. It was not uncommon to hear random glass breaks and see flying ornaments. They spent the whole Christmas season in that tree.

GemInEye

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2015
Somewhere In PA
back when I would put up real trees I woke in the middle of the night to a loud crash. My two kittens climbed the trunk and rode the tree to the ground. After a few more incidents we decided to take fishing wire and tie the tree to the wall. It was not uncommon to hear random glass breaks and see flying ornaments. They spent the whole Christmas season in that tree.
what did you attach the fishing wire to on the wall? we need to know LOL.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
what did you attach the fishing wire to on the wall? we need to know LOL.

We moved the tree to a corner of the room and we took these eye hooks with screw backs and screwed them into the wall. Threaded the fishing wire (the thought being it's almost invisible) through the eyes and created a sling. Bottom, middle and top. Wasn't pretty but it worked. :)

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
We moved the tree to a corner of the room and we took these eye hooks with screw backs and screwed them into the wall. Threaded the fishing wire (the thought being it's almost invisible) through the eyes and created a sling. Bottom, middle and top. Wasn't pretty but it worked. :)
That's what we did too!

LostVapeMonster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2011
Land of the Lost
Hiya Airheads.
Took an extra day off of work to go get a Christmas tree and get some stuff done around the house. The weather is not tree-browsing permitting today, however, and DD has me watching little nugget and the grand pup instead. Either way; win/win!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread