GLASSMANOAK'S Contest Thread #120..for WINNERS and with MULTIPLE WINNERS !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amlowe

.Sadistic.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2015
Charleston WV
11/29
@Uncle ... Im sorry.. Im not quite sure what happened... I never contacted anyone but cooladdict...
image.jpeg

Reactions: cooladdict

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Im sorry.. Im not quite sure what happened... I never contacted anyone but cooladdict...

No NEED for "You" to apologize - either of You . . . Just pointing out and making sure everyone knows that there is a new procedure that "GMO" wants everyone to follow if someone is going to PIF a WIN, especially so that things go smoother then it has in the past - So "We're" GOOD ! ! ! :thumbs:

DaleH1985

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2015
West Virginia
11/29 #1

Hello everyone. Was up way too late last night putting up the tree and decorating the living room, but it was worth it to see how excited my little one was this morning when she saw it. Gotta finish up today. Back to work tomorrow. Have a great day everyone.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
11/29 #3
@Shawn Hoefer, I had a dream that you were in town for a vape show and we met up at a restaurant (an Applebee's--which is weird, because I only know where one of those is here and I've never patronized it). So you come in, lugging this big suitcase and open it up on the table, just like a traveling salesman would do. "Here," you say. "You need to try this dripper!" You hand me something that looks like a cross between a geode and a rude clay bowl made by my 7-year-old son. I haven't the faintest idea where the coil is on the thing. "It's a ceramic wick," you explain. "Just put on a few drops and try it." With that, you pack up your suitcase and leave--and I'm wondering why you didn't leave a drip shield or chuff cap big enough for this thing.

Doesn't make sense, I know, but maybe that's what you were doing at 3 am this morning....

images

anjelvape77

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2015
Alabama
11-29-1
Good morning good and gentle treefolk

11/28 #3

I got PIFd an istick TC40W and whoever bought it for me asked the vendor to not include a packing list - it would no doubt tell me who the purchaser was - but the return address on the shipping label told me who the vendor was. I e-mailed them and they wouldn't tell me who ordered it (s/he must have a good relationship with them). Anyway, I cruised through their website and the TC40W is only $40 at their online store. I do not know if they are a registered supplier on ECF, so if you want to know, PM me. Mine was a special edition (wood grain coating on the metal - not a sticky - and that was still the price).

Other great news: I got the shock of a lifetime today. I went out earlier to help a neighbor cut firewood. I was "invited" by a friend, not by the old guy (80ish) we were cutting this wood for. When I got there, there were a couple friends cutting cedar with their chainsaws and about a dozen 4-H kids picking it up and stacking. I asked what they wanted me to do because it was very obvious they did not need my help - even the kids knew what they were doing (they're all farm/ranch kids, so this is not new to them). I asked one of the ladies about it and she said the local 4-H club was doing "community service." When this huge trailer load of wood was about half done, everyone quit and went to the old guy's back porch for cookies. I asked my friend if I needed to help with the rest of the wood and he told me, "Not until we get it all over to your place and you can tell us where to stack it." Huh? Apparently he knew what a struggle I was having out cutting my firewood this year and several of the neighbors and all these 4-H kids did all the work. When we got to my place, not only did my friend have lots of cedar posts to unload, but a guy who I had thought didn't even like me the past 10 years brought a horse trailer full of already cut up firewood, which the 4-H kids (four of which were his children) unloaded and stacked it all in my garage. When it was all done, I looked at all the wood and, while I still have some cutting and splitting to do - right here at home - I don't think I need to go out in the field again this year. Amazing! Thank you Universe! (Of course, I thanked all the people too.) Wow!

View attachment 510104
Mt. St. Helens (before it blew its top)

What a blessing for you fuzzy. Sometimes humans actual give me faith in the goodness of it all

KatzWh1skers

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2015
11/29 #1
Morning everyone :) Need to be getting a good start on my roadtrip today ... Pretty much..my days of driving in the dark are over.
This nice long relaxing Holiday weekend has been nice.
I did a few things and got a few things done, but def not my usual acorn gathering mode....that starts again this week:D
@Fuzzy Thunderbear ...wow...just WOW> Talk about that Universal order and pick up window thing you were talkin about.:w00t: ...just WOW! And I couldn't be happier because it means there will be LESS of the MORE things for you to do! As you age, it's time for you (ALL of us) to get a plan,mister ....believe me, I know I don't need to say it. Just hopin you got one.
I heard Belize is nice :rolleyes: ...and Chile has a very international flavor to it. And no one there would blink an eye at a few chicks and a cow :rolleyes: .
@Amlowe and others ...I have had alot goin on ...but this morn seems like as good a day as any ...
There aren't many radio stations out here that I want to listen to...so I generally fall on an NPR talk type if I can. One day they were talking about some folks who went around asking people "If they had a time machine..would they use it ..and what for. " It was interesting in that they found that as a group, older folks..say over 55 ..were less likely to even be interested. So they went out again to ask WHY. Well...some of them decided it would be kinda cool to go back and see a dinosaur...but for the most part hardly any really wanted to go back and CHANGE anything significant about their Lives.
Personally, I get that. Have you ever played the board game..The Game of Life?? You start out ...with just you ...and you are either a pink peg for a girl or a blue peg for a boy ..although we sometimes found it entertaining to switch over and "see what the other half lived like" :rolleyes: ... Then you get a car ..and as you move around the spaces, you come to crossroads where you decide if you are going to college or learning a trade and working....along the way...you may hit a card that says.."Congratulations! You are now married!" at which point you add another colored peg to your passsenger side seat! Other cards..congratulate you on the birth of a son or daughter (more pegs in your car)...Other cards ask you to pay up for braces...or colllege...or heaven forbid, the IRS nabs you or the roof needs fixed.... or you default on your mortgage and have to go to the poor farm :eek: ....I bring this up because LIFE really IS something like that. There are crossroads and decisions to be made...each takes you down a path ...sometimes they come back together..sometimes they go their separate ways ....Some things you have little to no control over...some you do...some you do ALOT!

I wish I could say that in my old years I won't have any regrets....but there's a good chance I will ...But even now...when I thing about those things in my Life that were not so great ....if I were to put myself on that game board ...where did that decision take me?? And more importantly..WHO were the people that came into my Life as I went down that path. Then I think about what would have happened if I had choosen another path. And it is funny, in a not funny way ...that I can see all those faces of the people I knew, just fading away and dissappearing. Why? ..because, had I choosen differently, I very likey would have NEVER MET THEM. And that is a sobering thought. Would I trade in all my friendships that I know today...to go back and go down that other path that I so regret not taking??? Wow...talk about a risque game of Let's Make a Deal!! "You can give up ALL of what you know and have NOW, KatzWh1skers ...and gamble it all on what's behind Door #3 !! ".
Will it be beyond your wildest dreams??! Or will you end up with a Thigh Master , a donkey, and a years supply of Dog Biscuits??!
NO...I think therein lies the answer why older folks don't wanna go back and change things.... Becuz changing even ONE thing ....takes you down a different path ... and if you looked behind you, maybe you would see that the path you changed also had many dear friends and acquantainces down it.... all gone...perhaps you met the love of your life because of something not so great ..
No..older folks realize that bad things happen...but they also cherish all the things ...all the GOOD things...all the people who came into their lives....And there is no way they would risk losing those friends, experiences, and memories. I look down my own Life and there has been heartache...but it amazes me how far I've come since I continued on away from that path ....Would I gamble all my friends, all my experiences..everything I've seen and done since then ....To roll the dice ... and go back to a time we regret and do things different ?? But at what cost??
I guess that's something each of us must ask ourselves.
(here's one for our RR..)
robin2.jpg

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
11/29 #2
Fuzzy that is so amazing.....I love how some people seem to get around this time of year......and all I can say is wow....When I read it....I wanted to comment...but it was late and I didn't get the chance....but you know what you put out you will get back 3 fold......(or in spades as I like to say)............and I can see that you have put out for many..............
decomaiso.gif

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
i have heard mixed feelings on innokins units.. but i will say that i LOVE the tanks.
I LOVE my Innokin products! I have the Disruter, the Coolfire 4, and the MVP 3.0 Pro in my daily rotation right now, and a whole bunch of their other mods in retirement. They are solid, perform very well, and last forever. I have yet to have one that has died on me for any reason and I have been using their products for over 3 years now. I am SUPER excited about the new TC mods they have coming out shortly, the Cortex and the Disrupter TC. Of course their tanks are also top notch. My favorite tank right now is the Apex, and I love the iSub line as well. Both of those tanks are getting upgraded soon as well. Great company with amazing products. :)

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
11/29 #3
Huh... I keep going to bed at around 3 am for no good reason...
Almost ditto..............I have been up till at least 3 AM for a few nights..........but everything is closed up and I keep trying to get sleepy......last night I was hearing every little noise and thinking it was the fire alarm......
decomaiso.gif

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
I tried to get her to take them!!!!
On here and in pm!
lol- stubbornness!
Aww you guys. :wub: Seriously, I just would not have felt right "winning" for a post that I was trying to make for YOU (hence, the tag in the post, lol!)! If you had been able to post that video, that would have been your post, not mine. And now I think I am probably not following contest rules because this is my second post in just a few minutes, so I am adding the disclaimer NOT AN ENTRY. :D

Amlowe

.Sadistic.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2015
Charleston WV
11/29
image.jpeg

Aww you guys. :wub: Seriously, I just would not have felt right "winning" for a post that I was trying to make for YOU (hence, the tag in the post, lol!)! If you had been able to post that video, that would have been your post, not mine. And now I think I am probably not following contest rules because this is my second post in just a few minutes, so I am adding the disclaimer NOT AN ENTRY. :D
We like having you here. :thumbs:So, you should stop by more often! And thank you again for posting the video that I found. I figured everyone would like it…
And I do believe there's a time limit on posts but if it's not an entry I don't know if they count? We have to ask the boss. LOL :blush:
On a different note, I get to work today. From 4 to 830. Woo hoo. 4 1/2 hours. :facepalm: Things need to change...

I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving
:rickroll:

liblue1

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
11/29 #4
Actually you are because they are not back to back posts...........and that's allowed.................the 15 min rule is for when no one else posts............also allowed is to post to win again....(you can always PIF if you do win again)........it also helps others to join seeing how it's done (date and tree)...........
decomaiso.gif

Fuzzy Thunderbear

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2015
NOWHERE, SD, USA
11/29 #1
I hiked into the caldera of Mt. St. Helens, 10 yrs after the eruption.
Back then, I was a daredevil. I drove up there one week before the big eruption. The national guard had all the roads blocked (manned blockades), so I went around them. My Jeep CJ5 loved fire roads. :) Anyway, I got all the way up to Spirit Lake, but never got to meet the oldt guy who lived at the lodge like forever and refused to leave. One week to the day later, that whole piece of mountain was blown off! Lots of people, thousands of animals, and a million trees ceased to exist in an hour. One week. @KatzWh1skers just talked about the crossroads in time... I wouldn't be here today if I had evaded the roadblocks one week later...
Sometimes humans actually give me faith in the goodness of it all
They do indeed! I have known a great many very generous people, both with their time, possessions, and money, but they were all country folks. I never once met a city person that would give the time of day without some remuneration of some sort... Until I joined this forum (and the cow forum Lannie is on). Here there are people from all around the world, urban, suburban, and country, who take great joy in helping others - people they have never even met, much less live next door to. I have always been the one to freely help others and, with extreme reluctance and discomfort, have received help. I don't know why I have such a hard time accepting the same charity I so willingly give, but "Life" is teaching me that it is not even supposed to be a one-way street. Welcome to the REAL "family"...

1 Multnomah Falls from side of cliff.jpg

cooladdict

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Seahawk Nation
11/29 #4
Actually you are because they are not back to back posts...........and that's allowed.................the 15 min rule is for when no one else posts............also allowed is to post to win again....(you can always PIF if you do win again)........it also helps others to join seeing how it's done (date and tree)...........
decomaiso.gif
11/29 #...2?

Thanks, liblue1! :) I finally have a moment to get familiar with da rulz, lol. :D It's been a little crazy around here for the past few days. Hubby is home (first Thanksgiving in 4 years!!!) and just trying to keep up with my e-mail is a full time job. Got most of my Christmas shopping, done, though. Now I need to finish my school work for the week and maybe start decorating for Christmas. Not sure how that's going to go with the pup, but I love it when it's all Christmasy in my house. :)

christmas tree.PNG
..and of course the game starts in a couple of hours, so there's that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread