The Overlooked Tootle Puffer Gear Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Anyone have an MVP 2.0 with the 510 sticking way up due to also having ego threading? A kfl (authentic) got stuck to mine because the airscrew backed out. At least I could see it and get it back in. When those get stuck in a Stingray, it ain't fun.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Anyone have an MVP 2.0 with the 510 sticking way up due to also having ego threading? A kfl (authentic) got stuck to mine because the airscrew backed out. At least I could see it and get it back in. When those get stuck in a Stingray, it ain't fun.
David's rubber cement trick works. Just takes a tiny dab.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I used a little circle of Transparent Scotch Tape on mine. I have a FDV channeled 510 on my iStick and didn't want the airflow screw lock situation.

Works, but I found it kept coming loose (and leaving goo) when I wash the tanks :)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.

Well, I'll be giving it a whirl when Ms. Roxy's package arrives. I love the Achilles and would have to think it has similar flavor. I purchased Four achiles from a member here but one was bored over and another was promissed to my nephew so I only have three of them. I'm hoping the Prom. performs as well. Still a little iffy on the fluff but I'll give it a try!

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Can it be opened up to 2mm... Yes
image.jpeg

Should you try if you don't have a jewelers lathe... No

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I got the Tobecco Prometey clone that Fluid Vaper had for $4.99. Unfortunately the description was accurate in that it's stainless (not titanium), but I can live with that. The worse thing is that the filler material wasn't included with it. Anybody know what that stuff is or where to get it?

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Did those of you who got the Prom v2s adjust the air screw? If not, that might help. It uses the allen key in the box. There's an airflow adjustment screw on the bottom of the base. I brought mine out to be flush withtne base so it didn't get stuck on my mod (air channels) or scratch my mods.
I took mine all the way out. Is that bad? Does it need to stay in the hole?

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
You can get filter floss at any pet store, btw. Its white and looks like a little pillow in the bag. It may not say "filter floss" on the bag. If its made of polyester, that's what you want. I guess some do use foam type filter stuff, but I never tried that.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Here is something to try Tamer, if you want to test out Ni200 wire as well.

I just did a build on the Rose V2 using 28g Tempered Nickel for a change from Ti. A 7/6 wrap on 2.5mm comes out to 0.08 ohms and fits quite nicely. Wrap tight but very wide spaced on a 2.5mm screwdriver, then push all the coils up to one end and let go, you will end up with perfect spacing. Trim and mount the coil. I wicked this with part of a dm Viskose ball from the EU, as you unroll them they are perfect width to fit a 2.5mm coil after rolling. The Tempered Ni200 makes it quite easy to pull wick through the coil from one side.

Vaping very nicely at 35J/451F with Song's Blend #7 in 50/50 from Vaporus out of Montreal.

Didn't get any wick pictures as the HTC wouldn't focus on it with that much white, here is the coil though.
w5Sd9LAl.jpg

I use this height.
xelQcpMl.jpg

:toast:
Looks great TD..will try it as soon as my M class lands in Cairo hopefully in a few days..how is the taste with Tempered Nickel in the Rose?

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Looks great TD..will try it as soon as my M class lands in Cairo hopefully in a few days..how is the taste with Tempered Nickel in the Rose?
Hi Tamer,

This is my first time with this juice. I have it in the Buddha Mini on a Kanthal/Sally's build as well as the Rose. I have run two tanks of it through the Mini so the wick is well broken in. The Mini has a small chamber with dual bottom airflow and is quite a little flavorful RTA. The Rose had sat a few days with a old juice in it so it was all cleaned then new coil and wick. Right now the Mini has a better flavor with this new juice but I expect the Rose to surpass it after the wick breaks in.

A TC vape is a little different than a Kanthal vape, they are not exactly the same and a little hard to describe. Since you have multiple Rose's you can switch between them with different wire builds and find the sweet spot for your TC vape.
:toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread