SX mini battery efficiency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
I owned a VS rDNA for over a year, and I always used LGHE2 batteries in it. The other day I picked up an SX mini m class as my first real upgrade, as opposed to just a new mod. I wanted to try out the new Sony vtc5's I got, so I threw one in it. Both the LG and the Sony have similar mah. However, my rDNA can go the entire day (10-12 hours), running at 14 watts. I put the same tank on my new m class and the battery drains to 1/2 within 3 hours.

I know that my VS, when I first turn it on, shows the actual charge. But when I start vaping the bar goes all the way back to full. The SX mini doesn't do that. And I know that the VS doesn't drain the battery when I lock the device. I don't know if the m class doesn't, either.

I guess I'm wondering if this sx mini m class is just less efficient than the rDNA 40, or if my mind is just playing tricks on me when I don't see the battery bar go down.

Does anyone have some insight into this?

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I owned a VS rDNA for over a year, and I always used LGHE2 batteries in it. The other day I picked up an SX mini m class as my first real upgrade, as opposed to just a new mod. I wanted to try out the new Sony vtc5's I got, so I threw one in it. Both the LG and the Sony have similar mah. However, my rDNA can go the entire day (10-12 hours), running at 14 watts. I put the same tank on my new m class and the battery drains to 1/2 within 3 hours.

I know that my VS, when I first turn it on, shows the actual charge. But when I start vaping the bar goes all the way back to full. The SX mini doesn't do that. And I know that the VS doesn't drain the battery when I lock the device. I don't know if the m class doesn't, either.

I guess I'm wondering if this sx mini m class is just less efficient than the rDNA 40, or if my mind is just playing tricks on me when I don't see the battery bar go down.

Batteries and chipsets are funny things.

I use my Provari at 15w or less with 1200 mah AW batteries and battery life is extremely poor.

AW 18650 life is also extremely poor.

Now move to my pile of Sammy 25r's. All single battery mods feed off the same pile.

My Kbox eats them at 30w pretty quick.

My D2 does pretty darn well on battery life. Excellent actually.

The SX isn't too bad but noticeably less then the D2.

Now we get to the VT40 with its DNA chip. This mod gets freakishly long battery life. Its crazy how long it lasts.

So chips sets do have alot to do with it and the SX is so-so and the DNA is EXCELLENT!!!!!!

So your findings match mine.

Zabolee

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Philadelphia
Roxy. Come to think of it, I did drip a little bit the day I noticed the battery drain so fast. I had it turned up to 30J and 430 degrees, so I'll grant that that did suck a lot of power.

I'm still trying to figure the joule setting out. My brain is so used to working with watts, that I'm not 100% sure how many joules to set. But that will come with some trial and error, I guess

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Some chipset's just aren't nearly as efficient as others unfortunately , my real DNA mods get superb battery life but my others are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread