Not open for further replies.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
The Next Republican Debate will be...

Dec. 15, 2015: The December Republican debate will be held in Las Vegas and hosted by CNN and Salem Media Group.

Here is where the Public can write to CNN to have a Question asked.

Send us your questions for the GOP candidates - CNNPolitics.com

@Robino1 I see you liked that post. Elsewhere you asked what can be done now. (haven't had time to read the rest of that thread yet due to long work hours) Just a rambling thought in my head, but is there perhaps a slim chance to get vaping inserted into the public political world with a hasty CTA? Longshot I know, and maybe we wouldn't like the answer.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
@Robino1 I see you liked that post. Elsewhere you asked what can be done now. (haven't had time to read the rest of that thread yet due to long work hours) Just a rambling thought in my head, but is there perhaps a slim chance to get vaping inserted into the public political world with a hasty CTA? Longshot I know, and maybe we wouldn't like the answer.

Tagging @JustJulie or @kristin to see what input CASAA may have on this...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Tagging @JustJulie or @kristin to see what input CASAA may have on this...

I think it would be a Great Idea to have e-Cigarettes mentioned On-Air in something of this Magnitude.

But lets also Double Check that the Link where people can Summit Questions to CNN is Correct and Current.

I Just noticed that the Dates on it are from a Past CNN Hosted Debate.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
If you can frame it so it looks like an attack on one candidate against another, I'm sure they'd consider it, since that is what they did in the last "debate".
That would be hard to do until one of them says something about vaping, but as far as I know, all the candidates have been silent. It could be framed as an attack on all of them for their silence.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
The Next Republican Debate will be...

Dec. 15, 2015: The December Republican debate will be held in Las Vegas and hosted by CNN and Salem Media Group.
I don't know when the next Democrat debate'll be, but if the Democrats were forced to talk first, that could get the Republicans fired up.

Reactions: zoiDman

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
That would be hard to do until one of them says something about vaping, but as far as I know, all the candidates have been silent. It could be framed as an attack on all of them for their silence.

Most all of them (R's) have made statements that there are too many regulations. A few, Paul and Cruz have attacked the FDA on other issues. Since CNN and CNBC seemed to focus on them attacking each other than actually getting information on their stance on issues, I suggested that as a way the CNN might be interested in asking a question wrt ecigs. No R Senators wrote any letters to the FDA or the OMB asking to speed up the final rule. And neither has Bernie Sanders, as far as I know - but the same questions should be asked in the next Dem debate, if there are still more than Hillary running to have a debate. I'm sure CNN could offer some softball questions on ecigs - making sure there is no commitment either way, like they did in the first one.

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Most all of them (R's) have made statements that there are too many regulations. A few, Paul and Cruz have attacked the FDA on other issues. Since CNN and CNBC seemed to focus on them attacking each other than actually getting information on their stance on issues, I suggested that as a way the CNN might be interested in asking a question wrt ecigs. No R Senators wrote any letters to the FDA or the OMB asking to speed up the final rule. And neither has Bernie Sanders, as far as I know - but the same questions should be asked in the next Dem debate, if there are still more than Hillary running to have a debate. I'm sure CNN could offer some softball questions on ecigs - making sure there is no commitment either way, like they did in the first one.

The debates I've seen so far were like....

CNN Moderator: Bernie, between you and Hillary, which one is schmoopie?
Bernie: Hillary is schmoopie.
Hillary: No, you're schoompie!

(Days later)

CNN Moderator: Senator Cruz, why do you hate America?
Cruz: I think that question is unfair, and baseless.
CNN Moderator: Senator Rubio, do you care to tell us why Cruz hates America?

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Off topic, but does concern the wonderful FDA. I was reading a news article a few minutes ago about the FDA going after the craft brewers now. The article was pointing out how the FDA is wanting to hit the craft brewers with labeling all contents, calories, ect. The article was saying that due to all the testing for each brew, and the wait times, a lot of the small brewers will be put out of business. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Jman8

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Wisconsin
Off topic, but does concern the wonderful FDA. I was reading a news article a few minutes ago about the FDA going after the craft brewers now. The article was pointing out how the FDA is wanting to hit the craft brewers with labeling all contents, calories, ect. The article was saying that due to all the testing for each brew, and the wait times, a lot of the small brewers will be put out of business. Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

Little google searching shows tests costs as much as $600 per brew, and could take weeks! Also found that the tests don't have to be exact, but estimate calculations are okay, according to FDA.

The double standard thing is amazing, but less amazing than the idea that this is acceptable thing to do within a market. I kinda hope the FDA goes after all industries, and the massive counter aggression grows to a point of "FDA has now been dismantled for being entirely overreaching in its goals and aims."

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
@Robino1 @zoiDman @Kent C I finally got a response from my congressman Duncan Hunter. Seems like he's on our side!
His response;

Dear William:

Thank you for contacting me with your thoughts about H.R. 2058, the FDA Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015. It's good to hear from you and I welcome the opportunity to respond.

I appreciate your making me aware of your concerns with efforts by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to regulate the sale and marketing of various tobacco products and electronic cigarettes. Indeed, the FDA's proposed rules could harm many small businesses. H.R. 2058 wouldprevent the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from banning tobacco products (like cigars) and 99 percent of the innovative vapor and electronic cigarette products that have hit the market since 2007.

Like you, I have concerns with federal agencies over-regulating American businesses and pushing the boundaries of their jurisdiction to the point where public choices become limited and compromised.For that reason, I am a cosponsor of H.R. 2058. The measureis currently before the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, where it is under consideration. I also appreciate support to include the measure's provisions in a year-end spending bill.As this issue continues to be discussed in Congress, you can be assured that I will keep your specific thoughts in mind as I continue to monitor this situation.

Thank you again for contacting me. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
DHunter_Informal_Sig.GIF

Duncan Hunter
Member of Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread