Why im returning my Crown tank to Uwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapper12b84

Nov 16, 2014
Athens, IL
Stylemessiah, I am truly saddened that you are having some much grief over the Crown. I did read elsewhere on this forum that the defective coils can be possibly be identified by off centered logo on the coils. I posted a pic of the coils I bought at my local B&M.
I believe this is the thread you have posted on also.
Good luck, I hope you can find a solution and enjoy your Crown. It is really a nice tank if you can find coils that work.
:toast:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Stylemessiah, I am truly saddened that you are having some much grief over the Crown. I did read elsewhere on this forum that the defective coils can be possibly be identified by off centered logo on the coils. I posted a pic of the coils I bought at my local B&M.
I believe this is the thread you have posted on also.
Good luck, I hope you can find a solution and enjoy your Crown. It is really a nice tank if you can find coils that work.

I am saddened too. My coils were definitely genuine im afraid to say.
My tank is on its way back to Crown HQ, after id tried everything to get it going.
The guys of the B&M when i saw them earlier in the week had also given up and
moved on, after they expereienced the same thing. I thik the most they got out
of any coils was 5 days.

Im still looking at altenatives and will probably give up on pre built coil tanks
again and stick with RTA's.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Update:

This is just an update to say that after some much appreciated customer service (certainly galaxies beyond my recent experiences with JoyeTech customer service (or as i call it and it turns out to be, their marketing department), things with Uwell (who did, to their credit acknowledge to me early on in their email exchange that there was an issue which thery hoped had been resolved) have been resolved, and in a way that i will look forward to future products and will consider them.

Thanks to Crown for the contact and customer service, they need some of your people over at JoyeTech.....

Update:

This is just an update to say that after some much appreciated customer service (certainly galaxies beyond my recent experiences with JoyeTech customer service (or as i call it and it turns out to be, their marketing department), things with Uwell (who did, to their credit acknowledge to me early on in their email exchange that there was an issue which thery hoped had been resolved) have been resolved, and in a way that i will look forward to future products and will consider them.

Thanks to Crown for the contact and customer service, they need some of your people over at JoyeTech.....
So did they get you a working tank, or refund? If you are willing to comment. I would like to decide to continue putting effort / time into this tank or move on. (Having same issues with short coil life and dry hits.)

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Update:

It would be nice if you told us HOW things were resolved....

For those of us who just found this thread, and read it beginning to end, it would have been nice if you actually brought closure to it, and explained what the problem was.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I don't know why some have issues and others don't (aside form 'bad coils'), but I am thinking (based on my experience) that given all the similarities with all of our priming rituals, it may come down to draw speeds--something that I don't often see mentioned for tips on how to use the tank. I've occasionally found if I don't draw on the Crown with a fairly stiff/forceful pull, and take slow draws, I can get a close-to-brunt hit. Don't know if this is what happened to others, but it's worth a shot. Take harder, more aggressive pulls.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I don't know why some have issues and others don't (aside form 'bad coils'), but I am thinking (based on my experience) that given all the similarities with all of our priming rituals, it may come down to draw speeds--something that I don't often see mentioned for tips on how to use the tank. I've occasionally found if I don't draw on the Crown with a fairly stiff/forceful pull, and take slow draws, I can get a close-to-brunt hit. Don't know if this is what happened to others, but it's worth a shot. Take harder, more aggressive pulls.

If you read some of my earlier posts, i was having no issues for 2 or 3 days, then after the tank was left sitting overnight, suddenly the morning after..and even after primer puffing it...dry hits. My draw strength/duration hadnt changed one iota. I also saw burning cotton and wire damage at the junction of the leader wire and stainless main coil.

Plus Uwell admitted there was a coil issue....

As i said in a PM to someone just before if the coil issue was fixed then thos ecoils havent permeated the aussie market to my knowledge, as people, including a guy who works at my local b&m were as recently as 2 weeks ago (when he finally gave up on it) were having the same issues with coisl only lasting, in his case, 2 days.

Lol, just when i thought i was out of this thread, they pulled me back in...

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
If you read some of my earlier posts, i was having no issues for 2 or 3 days, then after the tank was left sitting overnight, suddenly the morning after..and even after primer puffing it...dry hits. My draw strength/duration hadnt changed one iota. I also saw burning cotton and wire damage at the junction of the leader wire and stainless main coil.

Plus Uwell admitted there was a coil issue....

As i said in a PM to someone just before if the coil issue was fixed then thos ecoils havent permeated the aussie market to my knowledge, as people, including a guy who works at my local b&m were as recently as 2 weeks ago (when he finally gave up on it) were having the same issues with coisl only lasting, in his case, 2 days.

Lol, just when i thought i was out of this thread, they pulled me back in...

No intention of questioning your experience, but rather speaking to a broader issue aside from 'bad' coils. I figured others would be reading the thread that may think they have bad coils when it could be something else, which is why I spoke of my experience with draw speed.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
No intention of questioning your experience, but rather speaking to a broader issue aside from 'bad' coils. I figured others would be reading the thread that may think they have bad coils when it could be something else, which is why I spoke of my experience with draw speed.

No worries, im sorry of that previous reply sounded liek it was a challenge or argumkentative, it wasnt meant to be whatsoever. I was merely answering in the most concise way possible as i was woken up on xmas day at 9am for tech support (my aspie brain is good at IT (my area of work) and gadget stuff) by an acquantence...i often tell my friends it never ends with requests for help, but they dont beleive me :) Yup woken up at 9am on xmas for free help...

I think all paths to trying to resolve issues are valid, and yours are just as valid as any ive seen on here!

Hope your xmas day goes better :)

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
No worries, im sorry of that previous reply sounded liek it was a challenge or argumkentative, it wasnt meant to be whatsoever. I was merely answering in the most concise way possible as i was woken up on xmas day at 9am for tech support (my aspie brain is good at IT (my area of work) and gadget stuff) by an acquantence...i often tell my friends it never ends with requests for help, but they dont beleive me :) Yup woken up at 9am on xmas for free help...

I think all paths to trying to resolve issues are valid, and yours are just as valid as any ive seen on here!

Hope your xmas day goes better :)

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Okay I gotta jump in on this one...

All I can say is that the original poster must have been following me around for the last month!

I've went through all 3 coils in original package plus 2 other .25 coils. Never been able to get over 45 watts without the "evil burnt" taste.

I have heard all the excellent reports but I am thoroughly disappointed. I will try another round of coils before throwing in the towel and will buy from someone who is currently sold out.

Crown "acknowledged" the issue. That's saying tons!!! I'm just glad someone else ( and there are many of us ) are having the same issues!!!

Sounds like a bad run of factory coils.

some of you weren't around during "Boge-gate". :)

It happens. And, it happens that depending on how large the bad batch was, and how many countries/vendors they were shipped to, that it can take months to figure it all out.

IN the case of the bad Boge cartos, it went on for a long time as whatever they "changed" they had to figure out what it was, then re-tool to build 'em back to being "right" again. That took months for all the new ones to reach all the distribution networks.

So, you couldn't be sure, no matter who you ordered from, that you weren't getting a box from the "bad" run.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Lol, i missed Boge gate luckily...i would never have survived it, i have a definite impatience for bad vape gear, so far this year ive returned: 1 Crown tank and 2 x VTC Mini's in the space of a month or so.

Sadly it seems as though the "cant be sure youre not getting a box from the bad batch" scenario is whats going on here in Oz at least in my lcoal b&m's experience, no one likes forking over all that money on coils and spinning a wheel, even guys at the b&m got tired of that gamble. Like i siad i really hope Uwell learn from it and put in better quality control and supply chain accounting into place, because i really wanted the Crown to work. Overall it was a well made tank. the coils and to a lesser extent the RBA (that needs to be redesigned) also, let it down. I genuinely want to see what they come up with next and i hope for the best.

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
If I had as much trouble with this tank as the OP has had, I would do this before throwing the tank in the garbage:

Forget the Temp Control on your mod all together, and forget the N1200 or Stainless wire ... Get yourself some good ol' Kanthal 28, 27 or 26 gauge wire and make a single coil in the 1.0 - 1.4 ohm range ... Feed this coil about 13-15 watts of power, and see if you then get a good vape.

Just my opinion.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
If I had as much trouble with this tank as the OP has had, I would do this before throwing the tank in the garbage:

Forget the Temp Control on your mod all together, and forget the N1200 or Stainless wire ... Get yourself some good ol' Kanthal 28, 27 or 26 gauge wire and make a single coil in the 1.0 - 1.4 ohm range ... Feed this coil about 13-15 watts of power, and see if you then get a good vape.

Just my opinion.

It would help if you didnt over-dramatise something which was resolved nearly 2 months ago :)

Temp control had no bearing on why i had issues with the tank, it didnt work in normal vw beyond 3/4 (tops) days on their coils (backed up by everyone else i know who also got one), and to top it off the RBA didnt work either. If you read my posts you'll see that....

Saying "forget the temp control" doesnt help in any way as guess what i bought it to use in temp control, but tested it without. Buying something to use specifically in one mode, but it failing in the most used mode is double death. Which is why it got returned, not "thrown in the garbage".

I dont think anyone bought a Crown tank to run a 1.4 ohn coil at 13-15w.....that is definitely not the tank for doing that.

Im all good with Uwell, hopefully they can fix the issues for their next tank.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
It would help if you didnt over-dramatise something which was resolved nearly 2 months ago :)

Temp control had no bearing on why i had issues with the tank, it didnt work in normal vw beyond 3/4 (tops) days on their coils (backed up by everyone else i know who also got one), and to top it off the RBA didnt work either. If you read my posts you'll see that....

Saying "forget the temp control" doesnt help in any way as guess what i bought it to use in temp control, but tested it without. Buying something to use specifically in one mode, but it failing in the most used mode is double death. Which is why it got returned, not "thrown in the garbage".

I dont think anyone bought a Crown tank to run a 1.4 ohn coil at 13-15w.....that is definitely not the tank for doing that.

Im all good with Uwell, hopefully they can fix the issues for their next tank.
Well my hat is off to you, you are a very patient man.
I would wager this thread and all the testimonies in the defense of the Crown tank was at least twice the PITA as the actual problem you were attempting to get help with!
I read the entire thread out of sheer empathy for your situation, and am happy you and all involved have closure!
Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread