eCigs banned from checked baggage on planes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCS

Nov 3, 2015
I quit smoking 5 yrs. ago after my pulmonary Dr suggested it to me. Never looked back! Health did a 180 urn.
Have you been vaping ever since? if so, what can you attest to, as far as changes in health? I don't want to smoke, but I'm also leery about vaping unknown chemicals used in various flavorings.. Any advice for a new vaper?

Reactions: X-Puppy

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
That remains a possibility, but being very new to the entire world of vaping, I'm exploring my options. At the moment I'm leaning towards lower and lower nic levels, until I can vape flavor alone, or super low nic.
What's so terrible about nicotine?

Reactions: LaraC

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Recommendation for that was out last year already.
Now they made it mandatory.

It isn't the e-cigs per se - it's the lithium batteries in them. Just like in any other device (phone tablet whatever). Having all that stuff in the cabin is where they like it better. Simply because crew can get to and handle it should any of it misbehave ( i.e. start cooking off ).

Checked baggage is stashed tightly in the lower deck ( right below your feet ) and can't be reached in-flight. So the regs of when if and how many of any can go into checked baggage are tight.

If in doubt check your friendly airline honcho. They'd appreciate your askin upfront instead of making them sorting out your suitcase :)

Mind you, their prime concern is safety - so them agreeing to take it along is not the walk-past-customs-unscathed-at-destination if it's not wlecomed there...

Reactions: anavidfan

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
back in 2010-2011 i packed my black lavatube in my checked bag, and when i received my bag at destination, my lavatube's top cap was ripped off, atomizer unscrewed. I couldn't believe it. thank god they did not pull hard enough to rip out the wires, and i was able to pop the cap back on and vape as we walked to our rental car. unbelievable. i can see why this would pass and i wonder how many other vapers have experienced their PVs being BROKEN when put in their checked bag. Very interesting.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Lol, start stashing extra mod batteries at the places you regularly travel because theyll probably be banned next, i can just see it, some anti will send an email to the lawmakers saying that ecig batteries *could* be used an initiation device for an IED and thats that

We're only years away from thought police going on the nanny staters currently inhabiting governments at least in my country

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread