Contest Winner!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    I came across this good article while browsing thru the FlavourArt website. I'm going to add it to my 'vaping opponents ammunition'.

The part of the article that struck me hardest is, "As a species, we were simply not designed to inhale smoke or nicotine as a vapour either. Period."

Support & Informations :: Vape is safer than smoking ? - Support & Informations - FlavourArt - The flavors tailors - Food & Electronic cigarette flavorings

That is true... but those of us who smoked for many years if not decades grew quite tolerant of not just nicotine, but a vast array of toxic chemicals, of which nicotine is probably the least dangerous. There are a lot of benefits to consuming nicotine, and while consuming it digestively or thru the skin would probably be safest, it doesn't help one to get free of cigarettes in that form -- I've tried the patch, and I know, it just doesn't work. Whereas vaping (with nicotine, but even, to some extent, without it) does.

Human bodies are quite adaptable. We weren't "designed" (a misnomer, since we evolved; there was no "design" process) to eat chocolate chip cookies or mashed potatoes either, and just see how easily they go down.

Saying we weren't "designed" for X, Y, or Z is completely disingenuous, since very few of us consume the hunter/gatherer diet that our hominid ancestors evolved to accommodate. Yet here we are, still existing.

Andria

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
    Sep 20, 2015
    We've been inhaling vapor, everyday and since respiration exists. Vapor is in the air we are breathing and we also exhale it. We can see it in cold weather. The amount of water vapor in the air varies from as low as 0.1% in deserts to over 6% in warm, humid zones. Vapor of nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon dioxide, Neon, Helium, Methane (CH4), Krypton, Hydrogen, and Xenon are also in the air we breath. Yes! we were designed to breath vapor! In contrast, we were designed to support smoke only to a certain extent.

Reactions: IMZed

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    We've been inhaling vapor, everyday and since respiration exists. Vapor is in the air we are breathing and we also exhale it. We can see it in cold weather. The amount of water vapor in the air varies from as low as 0.1% in deserts to over 6% in warm, humid zones. Vapor of nitrogen, Oxygen, Argon, Carbon dioxide, Neon, Helium, Methane (CH4), Krypton, Hydrogen, and Xenon are also in the air we breath. Yes! we were designed to breath vapor! In contrast, we were designed to support smoke only to a certain extent.

My e-cig 'vapor' has more than just water molecules in it...

Reactions: Nimaz

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    We weren't "designed" (a misnomer, since we evolved; there was no "design" process)
    I think the word 'design' was used because the the site is Italian, and English is most probably not the translators first or primary language.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    Vape is safer than smoking because it has less nicotine as compare to cigarettes.

It depends on the ejuice. The reason vape is safer is because it doesn't have 4,000 toxic chemicals -- cigarette smoke DOES.

Andria

Coffee4727

Mar 9, 2015
    Germany
    We are humans and not animals because we design many aspects of the world around us and not vice versa. We know we can build houses, so we build them, were we designed to build houses? No, we were designed to climb trees in the first place. We know we can manipulate our brain in positive ways by inhaling nicotine, were we designed to do that? No, but we do it because we can. We do things because we simply can do them and the result is technological progress. Just my 2 cents...

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
    Sep 20, 2015
    Hmm, good read. Made me understand vamping more. Anyone knows if there r 0% nicotine juice?

Vamping? Wow it's getting bloody lol... Yes, all ejuice often come with a 0 nicotine option. Another way is to make your juice at your taste by buying the base ingredients i.e. PG, VG, Nicotine and flavor. It's a lot cheaper and fun!

postembr2

ECF Veteran
    Dec 20, 2013
    If I wasn't vaping I would be smoking. In a year of vaping I feel much better. The first year cost me $1,000. The coming year will cost about $300 including $45 for DIY liquid. For comparison, a carton of cigarettes a week was costing me $3,000 a year. Is it safer? Probably.

I cant prove it, but i generally feel a lot better. If the systemic result will be bad i dont know, all i could say is that i used to smoke 2,5 packs a day and couldnt stop for anything, my breath was like vader.

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
    Sep 20, 2015
    Vaping will soon be found to have an entirely separate set of risk factors. I can guarantee they will focus on metal inhalation, silica wicks, and flavorings.

Sure, there is potential risk factors in everything we do, whatever eat, wherever we go, whenever we breath, drive, run, bike, swim, sleep, have sex, take medications... There is also beneficial factors, even in smoking cigarettes. When the benefit/Risk factors ratio is over 100%, then it worth to take the risks in order to improve life quality. Because the main benefit factors of vaping are smoking cessation or reduction, and because of the overwhelming risks of smoking, the estimate ratio benefit/risk of vaping is pretty high. Vaping offers the possibility to intelligibly evaluate the risk factors over the benefits, because the components are relatively limited and controllable is some extent.

Last edited:

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
    Sep 20, 2015
    Certain flavors may have the potential to do lifelong damage in months rather than years.

The air that you are breading, the water you are drinking, the food you are eating right now may have the same potentials... Without specifics, your statement is worthless, except if you aim at spreading unfunded fears. Welcome to ECF!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    The air that you are breading, the water you are drinking, the food you are eating right now may have the same potentials... Without specifics, your statement is worthless, except if you aim at spreading unfunded fears. Welcome to ECF!

Yeah as I posted in the tootle puffer thread just yesterday, I'm still waiting to hear what exactly meets that mythical "100% safe" standard. so far, nothing does. Life is the leading cause of death.

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread