new to nautilus mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
Depends on how much power you're driving through it. The higher the power, the shorter the life span of the coil. Most people say to change it every week, others say every other week. I say change it when it starts tasting burnt or when the resistance changes substantially (1.5Ohms - New to 2.0Ohms + - used).

coughgasm

Dec 1, 2015
Yeah, I have the Nautilus Mini and I change them out once they start having that burnt taste. Even after that, I give them a hot water bath to see if I can get more life out of them. Some juices will burn out the coils faster than others depending upon the strain they put on the atomizer.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Actually, it depends on what kind of juice you're using. Clean, clear ejuices are very coil friendly. However, dark, sweet, heavily flavored juices and NETs will gunk up your coils in a day or two.

Rule of thumb: when the vapor production and flavor begin to diminish, it's time to change your coil head. When is tastes burnt, it's already too late, IMHO.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
I'd agree with the comments above. I run mine on fairly low settings of around 1.8 ohms 3.7 volts and can get up to three weeks out of a coil if I use the clearer juices, and clean the screen every reload with a scrunched up piece of tissue.

Nautilus recommends a coil change after 500 puffs but who counts the puffs!

The two things to look out for are either burnt off taste or a noticeable decline in vapour production - my last coil fooled me; no burnt taste but little vapour and I kept thinking the airholes were getting clogged til the penny dropped.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I generally say when it starts tasting burnt or weird. But sometimes these coils are a crapshoot. I've had some last a month and others last a few days, even with the same juice. Most last around 2 weeks though I find. I usually go between 9.5-11W.
And Aspire recommends 2 weeks @ 500 puffs a day. But I don't have a puff counter since I stopped using my MVP.

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I am going to stick with the Nautilus. I have a Herakles tank and just recently won a Halo Tracer that also has a sub ohm tank on it... And I just don't like the direct lung hit. I guess old habits die hard when you are a former smoker! I just ordered a full size Nautilus, looking forward to getting it real soon.

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
Yep, old habits die hard is the truth! I have tried and tried to enjoy direct lung hit tanks, but I just cannot get into it. I quit smoking with the Nautilus Mini, and recently picked up a regular Nautilus, and even more recently picked a Triton 2. All of these tanks can use be set up for mouth to lung vaping.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I am trying to figure out how often I should replace my coil. I go through about 2-4 tanKS of juice a day and I run my mod at 12w. Is a weekly coil change sufficient or can I go longer? I have the standard coil resistance. Thanks!
I'm one of those who replaces their coil as soon as it starts tasting harsh, and with NETs and flavored juices that was only around two to four days at 3 ml a day of juice. These days I vape mostly unflavored Nic base and now I'm getting 10 days to two weeks. I'm of the opinion most folks use a coil way too long vaping sweet and/or dark juices. Take an old coil and pull out the pin and then the coil wire and cotton and just look at the crud you've been breathing in. No thanks lol

navigator2011

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Fullerton, CA, USA
I'm one of those who replaces their coil as soon as it starts tasting harsh, and with NETs and flavored juices that was only around two to four days at 3 ml a day of juice. These days I vape mostly unflavored Nic base and now I'm getting 10 days to two weeks. I'm of the opinion most folks use a coil way too long vaping sweet and/or dark juices. Take an old coil and pull out the pin and then the coil wire and cotton and just look at the crud you've been breathing in. No thanks lol

I'm of the same opinion although I still use my coils too long after they start getting grungy.

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
I have noticed that i start to cough when it is time to change my coils. If I were to keep vaping on a coil that made me cough, soon after it would start to taste burnt. But its funny how my signal is coughing. That means i change it about a week and a day or two.

I get that coughing thing, too. I think the grunge begins irritating the lungs, and so I often times change my coils after 4-5 days of full-time use.

And another cougher reporting in!
Yep same here if I wait too long. When the vape starts to irritate my throat (harsh hits) or causes me to cough (really harsh) I know it's time to replace the coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread