Aromamizer RDTA by Steam Crave

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
Agree. I really wanted to use the 3ml but I was refilling way too much. Get the 6ml. You can also buy a short top with it and have both 3 and 6 ml. Note the glass is the same, it is the top cap that extends to support more capacity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
So I read parts of the thread and it seems like I am the only one with this problem. Picked up my aromamizer from longhorn a few weeks ago. I have tried a few different clapton builds and the problem doesn't go away. When I screw in the base/vdeck to the ohm reader or mod it will read ohms correctly until it gets screwed in all the way. At that point in time the ohms will go from .25 for the dual claptons down to .04. Also insulator looks fine as well.
Sounds like you are NOT shorted. Will it vape? Use a regulated box and vape the dang thing.
What maybe happening is when your 510 on the atty gets scrunched down on the 510 on your mod it's causing your coils to move and affecting resistance. The pins just need to connect. They do not need to be mashed together.

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
Sounds like you are NOT shorted. Will it vape? Use a regulated box and vape the dang thing.
What maybe happening is when your 510 on the atty gets scrunched down on the 510 on your mod it's causing your coils to move and affecting resistance. The pins just need to connect. They do not need to be mashed together.

Sigs are spring loaded pins, I think he has a defective deck. I would contact your vendor or Steam Crave for a replacement. First I would try tightening the 510 screw on the bottom of the deck. Mine is actually recessed a little bit.

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
Sigs are spring loaded pins, I think he has a defective deck. I would contact your vendor or Steam Crave for a replacement. First I would try tightening the 510 screw on the bottom of the deck. Mine is actually recessed a little bit.
Its tightened, Ive taken it out and put it back in several times. After everyone I have talked to to and tried replacement seems to be the option.

sos2001

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2014
South Carolina
Hard decision when you have 4 Aromamizers already. Black with a black band though would look nice, but maybe I should wait for a v2. I'm already making a major mod purchase tomorrow when I get paid. Then I was going to lie low the rest of the month.

Yeah, I was gonna "lay low" all of November and just buy juice til around Christmas. Who was I kidding...3 tanks and a new mod....plus a crap load of juice since 11/1.:facepalm::blush:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Just a quick comment, prior to getting my Aromamizer I didn't use vertical coils, with this it seems the way to go especially when using large coils. I'm getting great success with vertical but only so so with horizonal's.

Hmm, I really like my horizontal builds, too. Of my last 5 builds I can't even choose a favorite for flavor, lol!

Reactions: freedogg

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
Just a quick comment, prior to getting my Aromamizer I didn't use vertical coils, with this it seems the way to go especially when using large coils. I'm getting great success with vertical but only so so with horizonal's.
On your mention, @dwcraig1, I bought the 3ml version and expect a 6ml to be delivered tomorrow. Like the 3ml but don't, yet, luv it. Am reading through this Thread start to finish looking for hints and tips.

Have solved the (potential) leaking problem by good wicking, having now re-wicked a 0.24 ohm dual 26awg Nifethal 52 at least 5-6 times.

Obviously tons of air but I am still searching for flavor comparable to other tanks. Have enjoyed VERTICALS in drippers but not yet tried, or even thought, of verticals in the Aromamizer.

You gotta pic?

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
It amounts to I can fit them in there if vertical.
12309913_1110253612332195_674653245751786793_o.jpg

That's twisted (2 wire) 26 gauge NiFe52 just under 3 mm id, 0.08Ω for the pair. 65 watts with 75 watts preheat @ 450F. It pretty much stays just below the temp setting.
Edit: Let me add that while not my favorite reviewer I followed Rip Trippers method of setting the coils then removing them to wick them and re-install...check the video.

Last edited:

jazzvaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
USA
It amounts to I can fit them in there if vertical.
12309913_1110253612332195_674653245751786793_o.jpg

That's twisted (2 wire) 26 gauge NiFe52 just under 3 mm id, 0.08Ω for the pair. 65 watts with 75 watts preheat @ 450F. It pretty much stays just below the temp setting.

I count 7-wraps of twisted something. I veer away from twists but this is likely a good use of my 24awg Nifethal, say 9-wraps...SE says 8-wraps of 28...just as good. Will wait 'til the 6ml arrives tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks!

You edited while I typed. [emoji41]

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
I count 7-wraps of twisted something. I veer away from twists but this is likely a good use of my 24awg Nifethal, say 9-wraps...SE says 8-wraps of 28...just as good. Will wait 'til the 6ml arrives tomorrow or the next day.

Thanks!

You edited while I typed. [emoji41]
I bought only the 26 gauge as that's what I use but with the intention of twisting it when I wanted (rarely) some 24. Next time I'll do 1 wrap less to get it to fit better... or just use 26 gauge Ti.(untwisted)

alwayskashed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
wv
I just wanted to give an update to my aromamizer problem. I had also been in touch with Steamcrave about the issue last week. They had me do some troubleshooting, and after that didn't work they told me they would send me a replacement two post deck. I was thinking yea sure whatever ill believe it if/when it gets here. Well guess what showed up in the mail today? Yep, and 10 minutes later im puffing away on it and its working perfectly. So tl/dr deck was problem, props to Steamcrave for sending me a new one.

Romano Cheese

Master Mod Womper
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Just got my first Aromamizer today, the 6ml + Velocity deck. I dropped in 2 vertical 3mm 24g 10 wrap coils @ .45Ω and some Japanese Organic Cotton loosely rolled up in the Scottish Roll style wicking. This thing is amazing, super impressed with it so far.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
Meanwhile in Texas...

I decided to use my Aromamizer again last night, I had been using the Taifun GSL for the past few days. So I coiled it with 30g Ti Grade 1, 3mm, vertical coils, dual coils, wicked with KGD... I can't remember how many wraps, but the end result was .28ohms for both coils. Vaped pretty good at 450f - 60w on my DNA200. I decided it wasn't hot enough, so I bumped it to 500f 60w, noticed the temp was hovering in the 430-440 range... At this point I want to explain, I had vaped an entire 6ml tank to this point, I'm now on a refill with the same coil, wick...so this is my second tank... so, I'm back to 500f 60w and not getting hot enough, so I bumped the DNA200 up to 150w - the Temp Protection will do what its supposed to.

Hit the fire button, BANG! Sparks, light from the chamber, coil must have glowed and popped.

So yeah..................

Recoiled and re-wicked, this time using Ni200 horizontals, and rayon, been vaping it the rest of last night and today....no problems 500f 75w

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread