Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I do have a proviso to my posts above that I have been forgetting to add in, as far as my taste/smell goes. I'm on a bunch of med's that I have been told will effect those senses, so that along with 52 years of tobacco is prolly messing me up. Sorry for the oversight.

Reactions: Dixie1954

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
If not wicked properly, Rayon is NO different that KGD/Muji aside from the longevity, so you're correct in that assessment. I don't notice any difference in my RTA's at all when I wick with Rayon, Except for a couple of times that is (even a blind tree squirrel will find an Acorn once in a while) and I got it ( a Lemo V1) wicked just right, WoW !!! The difference was simply Amazing, Sooo much better, it was like vaping a different (much better) juice, the flavors just Popped and they Brightened up Considerably (that was when I was vaping different types of Vanilla's, also Boba's Bounty and Gryphen's Breath). Listen to me, Flavors Popping and getting Brighter. I feel Like Coach Vince Lombardi "What the He!! is going on here".

I never got that experience and i used it in all types of tanks . It always wicked well but in my experience no difference taste wise than the best Japanese cotton i have used . Thats life though , disagreeing is fun and entertainment in a way, if everyone agreed with me i wouldn't be a member , i would be way too bored.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've got a question for Ya'll and I don't know just how complicated this will be. I have RTS, MBV, ECX Nic that I have mixed to 3mg/ml, I like them all. If I got MFS Nic would I notice a bump up in TH over the others mixed at 3mg/ml or just wasting my $$. I'm not talking "Peppery" here, more like the TH going from a Cigarette to a Cigar, That's more what I am looking for. I don't know any better way to explain it (that THUMP in the back of the throat).

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I never got that experience and i used it in all types of tanks . It always wicked well but in my experience no difference taste wise than the best Japanese cotton i have used . Thats life though , disagreeing is fun and entertainment in a way, if everyone agreed with me i wouldn't be a member , i would be way too bored.

I find it all very interesting myself, and hope I don't come off as trying to sway anyone one way or the other. I learn something with every post I read and I'm helped along the way by Ya'lls experiences. Everyone does, and experience, things a bit differently from me for the most part, and I try to use those differences as a learning experience. I think I wick KGD/Muji pretty good for the most part, but as simple as it may sound to some, Rayon in RTA's still gives me problems, but that is a moot subject now for me, as I DON'T want increased Nic delivery at this point in time, and Rayon will give it to me. Just trying to help get you to a better place with it, as it IS a better wicking material, I truly believe. Some like it SO much that they have tore apart Tampax pads just to be able to wick their Atty, Now that's dedication to the product.

Edit: I'm Sorry Folks, I got so far OFF Topic here that I'll need my GPS just to get back.

Last edited:

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Jeremy, thanks mate, appreciated! Nice analogy btw, I get what you're saying, and also why the Busardo test failed in your opinion. :)

Btw @All, if wanting longevity out of cotton, then just use more of it! Firstly, as we've been touted so much full with that cotton swells when wet(and rayon shrinks), then people use very little, but although it swells a little, then a) you need enough, especially at the ends, to make full coil/wick contact to not have glowing places and dry-hits on longer pulls, and b) cotton actually shrinks upon high heat! I now wick more densely than I did in the beginning. Also, as i've gone to use 3mm id coils, then the longevity has further improved, which makes sense, since there's more of it that needs to "collapse", before rewicking needs.. Also, that's why I do have a slight feeling about that although rayon is better, as I trust Jeremy's judgement in general, I also have a little feeling about rayons longevity, based on the above, also is somewhat related to using much more material, as it's packed much more, e.g. a 2mm coil is packed with enough material as if using a 3mm coil with cotton, just as a loose example...

Blake, I'm glad to hear another fellow noticing the ammonia, mate! Thanks for letting me know :) Sorry, I cannot help you on the mfs nic judgement, as i'm unfortunately crippled in not being able to try the nic vendors that all you US citizens does, and just have to if possible, locate the sources of said nic, and try comparable EU vendors with same sources, but mfs I don't know which uses currently - no one here does... They in the past used a source with very great throat-hit(yes, the THUMP you talk about :) ) and also some pepper, and e.g. I believe Cyrus was great fan of it then, among others, but then they changed to alchem's nicselect for a short while, but had to give it up because of very bad feedbacks of rubbery tastes/smell, which nicselect frequently had in it's beginning, but not anymore though(ecx, heartlands, nicvape, liquid-barn, nicotine-river etc. etc.). They said they went back to there old trusted source, but the people said it wasn't the same anymore, and e.g. Cyrus sent several bottles back I believe. Now I believe they have medium to pretty good throat-hit, but atleast better than e.g. nude-nic and chemnovatic, and also some pepper and pungency. Again that is just based on user feedback i've read though :)

I'm sure many others can help you much more specifically though :)

Btw, a little to late Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here! :) I for one am very thankful for all the great knowledge here + the nice people to interact with :) THANKS! :)

- Martin.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've got a question for Ya'll and I don't know just how complicated this will be. I have RTS, MBV, ECX Nic that I have mixed to 3mg/ml, I like them all. If I got MFS Nic would I notice a bump up in TH over the others mixed at 3mg/ml or just wasting my $$. I'm not talking "Peppery" here, more like the TH going from a Cigarette to a Cigar, That's more what I am looking for. I don't know any better way to explain it (that THUMP in the back of the throat).

Nevermind, Page 139 answered that one for me, Thanks Jeremy. (I'm a Slow Reader)

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Ok I have been reading a thread that says people are having trouble with nude nicotines nic again.:cry: They are saying it is harsh at even low mg mixed. This is my go to nic so I am getting worried. Should I order a nic test kit do you all think?o_O

Good Gosh, I thought that we were over that kind of stuff by now.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Ok I have been reading a thread that says people are having trouble with nude nicotines nic again.:cry: They are saying it is harsh at even low mg mixed. This is my go to nic so I am getting worried. Should I order a nic test kit do you all think?o_O

Yes I think I might do the same thing. Hopefully it is just strong. What would be worse to me is if it is right at 100mg and still harsh.

Have you seen the comments from experienced mixers?

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
It's probably worth noting they have been using a new nicotine batch lot (#A089) since the 21st of November. It's apparently the purest yet... Hope it hasn't changed I love the smoothness of their nic.

That could be the reason right there. Lacking QC at this stage of the game is not very encouraging, if that is what it is.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I have a 120ml from a month ago that is not harsh. So I couldn't pass up $63 a liter for high quality nicotine. Couldn't tell you the batch number as I have rebottled and tossed the paperwork and bottle. I will test the liter before I throw it in the freezer.

I can't quite withstand a vapocalypse but I now will have over 3 liters of various nicotine in the freezer. At 6mg it should last a while. I will add a couple more after the holidays and call it good. My kids say I need my own freezer lol.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Just to make very sure... Sometimes when I vape my chemnovatic nic when I just wake up, or wake in the night, or whatever, then that "low throat-hit type nic" is giving me a hella throat-hit that's very harsh and then first after some more hits, it returns to normal. I've mentioned it before here, and Jeremy said it was probably desenzation of the throat during some times withdrawel, and I agree, but just also a note to have in mind when testing new nic and thinking this is crazy harsh! :)

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I did say that could be part of it. But mostly i think it's over an saturated coil more than anything. Or different saturation levels. I experienced it with all the nics in the test line up.

At times each could show more th than normal. Other times not. So in rating I went with the most common occurrence for the nic throughout the day. I mean that at times when the Wick was really oversaturated, I got heavier th, even with NN. But it was the lesser of the bunch.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yeah that hapens to me too depends on a lot of things I think as I use EVODs and PT2s lol. I get different harshness at different times during a day. :confused: that's why I only nic tobacco vapes - nothing else.:vapor:

You too Huh ? When I go from my Lemo's & Cthulhu V2's back to my EVOD2 then that's when I notice it, Big Time, No matter what juice I am using either.

VapeFlavor

Unresolved Status
Nov 18, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread