Chit Chat in VOLTVILLE Thread #2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
The house, here, smells like cooking turkey and pumpkin pie (heating that for dessert). I skipped lunch so over doing dinner won't do as much damage to my waist, or is it waste, line, LOL.
I wish I was coming over for that dinner. I love Turkey.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
You could have come over and been more than welcomed, with hubby and the horses! Plenty of room for them to play in the back yard!

I can't believe I ate the whole thing. (Alka Seltzer commercial from the 60's for those old enough to remember). This is the first turkey we've cooked that came out perfectly. Every other time we've had to put it back in the oven because it was still red around the thigh joints. This time, no redness at all, but better still, so juicy and tasty! I guess I got the thermometer in the right place for a change, by luck. I made five bags in the vacuum sealer for more meals and there's still enough left over for tomorrow night as well.

Turkey, mashed sweet potatoes with real maple syrup, fresh asparagus, home made chestnut stuffing and home made cranberry sauce all topped off with home made pumpkin pie with whipped cream on top.

You (and me but don't tell anybody) need to work out, jog, swim or do some kind of activity, Tritium. My diet hasn't really changed much but I'm not as active since I'm retired and I am getting "re-tired" around the middle. When I work outside, doing actual work other than driving the tractor, I start losing weight. Then it rains and I can't work outside. That's a poor excuse because about a quarter of the basement is setup as a gym/weight room. Motivation is the key.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltpeeps.

It's a balmy 11 degrees outside. I got the burning done yesterday and today is mine to do anything I want to:)

Hubby is hunting and it was 3 degrees when they got back to camp. Everything was frozen solid and Hubby had to pry two tortillas off the stack to eat. Luckily, Mom made fried chicken which was easy to heat up.

I hate to imagine how cold it is this morning for Dad and Hubby. Let's see how long they last out there in the wilderness.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
moanin', Voltatillians.

Keep warm Lizzie and Tritium!

It was around 30 this morning and won't even make it to 50 today. The sun is out at the moment, but we're scheduled for more rain tonight and tomorrow. I hope to get the rest of the leaves off the back yard this afternoon. Got some errands to do, propane, gasoline, Bailey's French vanilla and some NiCD batteries, yeah still use them in the solar lights.

I've really got to get seriously motivated and dig a trench across the driveway, put in some conduit and put real lights on the gate posts instead of these pathetic solar ones. It's cool enough to dig without overheating and I could get it done before the ground freezes. We shall see. LED bulbs in regular post lights wouldn't be too much of a consumer of power, six of seven watts each.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
I did a 100 foot trench last summer for the drip system in the garden. It only took a day from start to finish. The driveway is gravel and that will make it more of a challenge, keeping the gravel separate from the dirt underneath and getting some extra gravel and fill to make sure there's no low spot. A little work, sure, but I'm fed up with those crappy solar lights. Even when they're working you get more light from a match. The way the shadows work, three quarters of the year they don't get enough sunlight to keep up even with the higher capacity solar cells I put on them.

I am impressed with the LED bulbs available now. Far more efficient than incandescent and they are available in redder colors so they look like an incandescent rather than a mercury vapor.

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Good morning, Voltmaniacs.

Well, it was definitely warmer last night at 15 degrees:)

Crystal should be coming over to play my little pony.

Haven't heard from the guys this morning. Need to call them and make sure they are okay. They have cell phone service at camp. Nevada is getting really modernized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread