OBS T-VCT vs. UWell Crown leaking wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
My Crown has not leaked. I've seen occasional reports, but I think it's safe to say the Crown is not well-known for serious leaking issues. On the other hand, the coils require a good bit of priming, and there have been some quality issues with coils (taste and longevity) that are hopefully now being addressed by Uwell.

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
Thanks! Which coil would you recommend? I know, for example, the .5 coils for the OBS suck...I would almost rather use my 510 pen than the .5...The crown I'm thinking about buying comes with (1) TC coil (1) .25 coil and (1) .5 coil. Which one do you recommend?

Also..although I realize it's probably unlikely anyone have experience with both tanks?

Mike Abrams

Account closed on request
Sep 21, 2015
New England
Sorry, as you suspected, I'm not experienced with the OBS.

As for the Crown, given I haven't yet tried building, I like the .25 coil, around 70w give or take. I find it slower to get hot than the .50 coil, with maybe just a slight loss in flavor, but the .50 has fans too, and I will use both. I tried (3) Ni200 TC coils. The first two burnt out very quickly (though the first one was nice for an hour or so before that happened), and the third coil just didn't produce much vapor or flavor. That's just my experience, as you may want to check the feedback on other threads too. I'm not serious about TC, but if I were, I might choose something altogether different, such as the Freemax Starre Pro--- which has its' own set of quirks.

Also, I am a Herakles fan. I know I'm outnumbered vs Crown fans. The new Herakles Plus is just coming out...... I'd order one, but I don't see any coils available yet, other than what comes installed and in the box.

And, there are crazy deals online now for the SMOK TFV4, either the original full-size tank, or the Mini. I've tried the TFV4 with Quad coil at local vape shop, and it's a beast on a whole other level than the Crown, for those who don't mind the juice consumption, and vaping at mostly higher wattages. Couldn't see using it through the day, and there was so much cloud that in my 5 min of using it, I couldn't tell if I liked the flavor or not. Vaping it in a moving car or truck would be out of the question with the coil I tried at least.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
Which coil would you recommend? I know, for example, the .5 coils for the OBS suck......The crown I'm thinking about buying comes with (1) TC coil (1) .25 coil and (1) .5 coil. Which one do you recommend?

IF you have a device that will go high enought (100w or higher), I'd suggest the .25 coils. I purchased my Crown with two .25 coils and one .5 coil, no TC coils. I really love the .25 coil, although the .5's are not bad, either!

If you search around, you can find the Crown with the two .25 coils and one .5, that way you can try the .5 and decide if you want to order those or more .25's, when your initial three coils get spent.

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
I'm thinking about buying the TFV4 guys. I am still not 100% convinced between the crown and the TFV4 though. I don't mind juice consumption, as long as its not from leaking. I do vape at a pretty low wattage though, (18-25.) Would the TFV4 be conducive to this with my sigelei 150 W? Or do you think the crown? Honestly I haven't met a tank that didn't knock my socks off vape wise, it's the damn leaking....I did notice the juice air flow inside the tank is very minimal with TFV4 compared to my OBS, which seems like it couldn't hurt

Last edited:

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
Hmm. Appreciate your input. Still don't know whether I should just stick with the OBS as the leaking-coil longevity might not cost me as much as a tank that doesnt leak but has less longevity coil wise. Damned if I do damned if I don't lol. Just seems like the liquid in this tank gets HOT so quickly. Like after three "chain puffs." And then when it gets hot the flood gates open...

Last edited:

Luke matt

Nov 29, 2015
Webster Massachusetts
I highly recommend the TFV4 MINI. IMO it kick's my crown tank a** all up and down the street. And I don't even close the air flow ring when I fill my TFV4 MINI. And the TFV4 coils last about a month, and I only Vape the Milk Man by ONW. But with my crown tank the coils only last me a week top's. And I only Vape the Milk Man by ONW. And with the crown tank because the coils are made from 316 SS they mess with my ohm's jumping up and down and all over the place. No matter which mod I use. So IMO I would definitely go with the TFV4 MINI. VAPE STRONG BRO AND GOD BLESS. Peace

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
My OBS-VCT is in a box in the back of a drawer now! The Crown is my favorite tank, and the first tank I've had that doesn't leak at all, even when I chain vape and it gets extremely hot. However, that is with the stock coils (the 0.25 are my favorite around 65-70 watts). The RDA is pretty useless in my opinion.

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
I highly recommend the TFV4 MINI. IMO it kick's my crown tank a** all up and down the street. And I don't even close the air flow ring when I fill my TFV4 MINI. And the TFV4 coils last about a month, and I only Vape the Milk Man by ONW. But with my crown tank the coils only last me a week top's. And I only Vape the Milk Man by ONW. And with the crown tank because the coils are made from 316 SS they mess with my ohm's jumping up and down and all over the place. No matter which mod I use. So IMO I would definitely go with the TFV4 MINI. VAPE STRONG BRO AND GOD BLESS. Peace

Which coils do you use in tfv4 mini? Just ordered one with quad,sextuple and rca

Luke matt

Nov 29, 2015
Webster Massachusetts
Oh and yes the ONW, is One Hit Wonder. I highly recommend you give the Milk Man a try. It comes in one 6 once/180ml and they give you two empty unicorn bottles. For 59.99. If you like cuttwoods unicorn milk than I think you will like the Milk Man. 80/20 VG PG ratio. Is my all month Vape. VAPE STRONG AND GOD BLESS. Peace

lkilbride2

Sep 28, 2015
Thanks! I will! And which coil for tfv4 do u prefer? Should I get the kit from alluringvapors which is 3 or 4 bux more but includes the following coils?:

• Patented Triple Coil Head 0.2Ω (TF-T3). Replacement Triple Coils Can Be Found Here
  • Patented Quadruple Coil Head 0.15Ω (TF-Q4). Replacement Quad Coils Can Be Found Here
  • Rebuildable Single Coil 0.85Ω (TF-R1)
  • Rebuildable Dual Coil 0.25Ω (TF-R2)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread