Status
Not open for further replies.

Atchafalaya

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
So, I work in an office with semi-private cubicles. I just recently switched from smoking to vaping. (Wednesday will mark one week completely tobacco free). I am allowed to vape outside at the smoking area only during the two designated smoke breaks. No tobacco / nicotine products of any kind allowed in the building by the company CEO. He even wants the cigarette smokers to keep their packs out in their cars.

My issue is I have been finding myself needing to vape a bit more frequently than I used to smoke to keep the cravings away. So far I've been doing frequent small vapes (1-2 puffs max) and exhaling the cloud under my desk. Some more stealh vape strategies would be appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
I'm in the same boat. No nicotine allowed in the building and I have to drive off property to vape. I use nicotine gum between breaks and it does help. I also have a bag cooler that I keep ice packs with my vape stuff in.

Heartisan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
North Cali
I spent 5 years vaping in the restroom at a very small business office :facepalm: Never was noticed - with the other's suggestions! Use higher nic than at home, hold it in as long as possible, blow through napkin or down your shirt. (I do this while out, pretty much anywhere)
Great to hear your cravings are diminishing! :) It gets easier!

Reactions: lpboyle

heath71

Nov 6, 2015
Indonesia
This might be going against the grain, so to speak, but I strongly believe it's best to comply by the rules which limit tobacco consumption on the premises. As it is, most non-smokers don't know the difference and don't care to either.
Yet, for the sake of vaping, which has proved to be an effective smoking cessation tool for people like myself; I can only suggest that it's better to comply with the existing rules and regs, than to be considered a nuisance. So in short, either gum/patches or go off-premise, until the general non-smoking public is better informed.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You are risking your job to stealth vape where people may not like you? I feel so blessed just to have a job given our current economy. There are 100 people behind me that would love to have my job. I know I have value but very few people are irreplaceable.

I would use the patch or gum before I risked losing my job over nicotine. I hate to be the downer here but I really question your priorities.

Was going to suggest the same.

A boss who doesn't even want the employees bringing in their cigarette BOXES sounds like someone who is very anti ..... be careful.

Nic lozenges or gum helps.

Reactions: 2buildawall

Konstantinos Voultsos

Nov 30, 2015
Greece
Hold in the vape for as long as possible, then you will exhale very little.
That. But it's not ideal, as you shouldn't even vape if it's not permitted. Also, the smell might even get you busted. If you insisst on stealth vaping at work, try just vaping the base, without the flavoring, as it won't smell.

I am allowed to vape as I wish at my office, so I can only imagine your position. Hang on and stay off the stinkies

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Before I retired last year, I stealth vaped for over a year at my desk without incident, using a mini PV (Ovale Elips) that could be completely concealed in my hand. I vape menthol juices only, always kept breath mints handy, and offered one to anyone who noticed any aroma, to throw them off the track ...

Also kept a small desk fan running to disperse any trace of vapor, but a deep double inhale of high percentage PG juice reduced my vapor exhalations to almost nothing visible ...

This was in an unusually oppressive office environment, where people routinely lodged HR complaints about any little thing that upset them. Strong coffee, ethnic foods, colognes and perfumes were the favorite targets of the "brittle people". One poor guy was reprimanded for eating corn chips, both the sound and the smell "offended" his neighbor ...

Oddly enough, the frequency of complaints meant that nearly everyone was under suspicion for something, safety in numbers ...

I sometimes miss the work itself, but I'm sure happy to be retired now ... :D

Reactions: lpboyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread