Help me select a dual coil gene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKman

Master of the Obvious
Nov 12, 2015
Melbourne, Australia.
Been vapping a few months now and mastering the design process for mechs lately. Big on producing intense flavour, not so interested in making embarrassing big clouds. Up to now all of my favourite builds are two small coils in the 40-60W range alla Bellus/Zephyrus/Goblin Mini.

I think I'm ready to transfer this knowledge to a proper original genesis type atomiser with a mech power supply, stainless mesh wick... real roots type stuff. However, I've never used one, let alone built one, so I've no idea where to start.

Please give me your recommendations for a dual coil unit. So far I'm liking the look of the aga-td and the Origen v2. Don't really care about capacity or ease of filling, nor is build difficulty a big concern. Primary focus is flavour, so small chamber, narrowish chimney... You know the drill.

All ears folks! Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Annie56

Annie56

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2013
Gennys are awesome!! They are all i vape on, unless i want to try a new juice flavor on a single coil dripper.
Mesh builds are a steep learning curve. At least they were for me.
Get a dual, but also get a couple cheap single coil gennies (e.g. Rsst or Aga T2). Hone your builds on the singles.I learned from Rip Trippers, Pbusardo, and Ehuman on YouTube.

The top lead. Always the rub...
Here's how i do it--place your wire between the top two jam nuts. Round wire--hook. Ribbon wire--fold a 'v'.
Lock those jam nuts. Hold them with two pairs of needlenose pliers.Rotate the bottom nut counter, and the top nut clockwise. Now that wire is locked down in, and its not gonna budge.

Position the wire over wick hole, and then 'sew' my wraps down around the wick. Adjust the tension, then attach my neg lead to the deck.

Kracken or Aga Td. I like them both. And my Tesla Two Sub mod is the best mod i have ever used!!Godspeed!!
image.jpeg

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I've been pondering the Origen and the RSST dual coil.

The ol' skooll RSST was a good atty for it's time. You used to be able to buy a chamber reducer for it as well that was a great addition. Hence my curiosity about the new dual coil version.

The Origen just seems to be one heck of a genny. Norbert has his stuff sorted, and I'm sure it's a performer.

I'd also echo Annie 56 in saying grab up some of the old stand-bys. AGA-T2's and RSST's are a penny a pound these days. The AGA-T2 especially shines with the brilliance of a thousand suns (once you learn to build it :D). One of the all-time great all-purpose gennies IMO.

Reactions: Annie56

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well.... I've been using gennies for almost 3 years now, and use nothing but gennies, built with mesh. I tried the dual coil thing, more than once, and gave up on it. For me it wasn't worth the extra hassle of ohms matching the coils and getting the leads right on the center post, and two coils take too long to heat up. They also drain batteries a lot faster. I found no advantage at all in dual coiling my Krakens. In fact, I've pretty much abandoned the Krakens for my DID's having arrived at the point where a DID on a Poldiac is all I ever want.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
Go with a MKII built with dual coils. My comments in the other thread were specific to higher TC temps and reduced rayon wicking ability due to lack of deck space for larger ID coils. Put it this way: Despite my concerns and reservations, I will not hesitate to pull the trigger on the next iteration of the Origen Genesis...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread