Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I don't ever seem to get it on my acrylic Ming, though it accumulates so fast on my stainless knucklehead, I find myself wiping it constantly. It starts feeling "sticky," and kinda icks me out.

Andria
Maybe I use a cheaper brand of lipstick than you. :)

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I'm actually up in Montana. I don't have a way to put a pic up here, but as I say the fit and finish are very, very nice. The engraving is super-crisp, and while my clone of it is of a slightly darker metal, this is bright, shiny, and lighter. And again the airflow is a hair more than the clone. The AFC ring spins freely, but is not loose, reminds me of using the magma airflow ring, you have to hold it in place while you screw the tank on. The o-rings are beefy. And a little packet of spare screws, o-rings and delrin parts was included. You folks will really like it!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Maybe I use a cheaper brand of lipstick than you. :)

I don't wear any. :D Even when I routinely wore makeup, I hated the feel of lipstick on my mouth. Try to imagine how gross I find the feel of ejuice, on those unfortunate occasions when the atty spits at my mouth. :D (which is exactly why I use knuckleheads or an angled adapter!)

Andria

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
For a heart-stopping moment I thought mine had come, but at closer look at the package it turned out to be my Prometey clone--which turned out to be made by Tobeco. And sadly, it turned out the product description was correct: it's stainless, not titanium. Worse yet, the spares kit has none of the fluff material. Anyone know where to get that?

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Reactions: Woofer

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I have no idea what the fluff stuff is. Would any wicking material work? I've never used or read up too much on the prometey.
Good luck!
I don't think so. It comes in sheets but it's not cotton. It's the sort of stuff used in old-school cartomizers. The TM site calls it "filter" material

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Politically.....mine did come with the filter material.....it reminds me of quilting batting. Its not fluffy or loose like most aquarium filter material, its compressed into a sheet maybe 1/2 inch deep. Not sure what it is, polyester or nylon or what have you. You ought to be able to find similar like in a sewing supply shop, maybe someone else can help me out here? I cut a strip off the square and wrapped it around the post on the prometey. Really surprising how much juice that it holds.

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks again for the advice. I'll have to keep an eye on this thread about whether an Achilles v2 clone debuts anytime, or Frog in Fog restocks the v1.

That Veritas does look interesting, if the airy draw that Andria mentioned is just an isolated incident. I also kinda like the simplicity of that Micro Nectar. I did wind up ordering a bunch of stuff the other day, I got a KFL clone for $5, and a handful of Igo RDAs (L, T, W? I think.) Kidney Puncher was liquidating them for a $1 a piece, so Black Friday turned out to be a good day to get some cheap hardware to experiment with dripping!

Reactions: Bronze

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Ok, I was able to coil up the Achilles tonight, used a 1.1 ohm, 26guage 3mm diam coil. Sweet spot seems to be about 20 watts. Using a really nice ry4 juice, airflow ring wide open.....this is a really comfortable draw and the taste of the juice is fantastic! The drip tip size seems just perfect. I could restrict the airflow more if I want too. You will not be sorry you had to wait so long, believe me! No leakage, no problems! Plus, its really handsome as well.

Last edited:

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
I'll have to keep an eye on this thread about whether an Achilles v2 clone debuts anytime, or Frog in Fog restocks the v1.

From what they've told more than one of us, Frog in Fog has no intention of restocking V1s. They're tooling up to clone the V2, but a product for sale ain't happening anytime soon.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Ok, I was able to coil up the Achilles tonight, used a 1.1 ohm, 26guage 3mm diam coil. Sweet spot seems to be about 20 watts. Using a really nice ry4 juice, airflow ring wide open.....this is a really comfortable draw and the taste of the juice is fantastic! The drip tip size seems just perfect. I could restrict the airflow more if I want too. You will not be sorry you had to wait so long, believe me! No leakage, no problems! Plus, its really handsome as well.
Got any pics?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

That's great, but a LOT of us want to know about the *tightness* of the draw, if it can be adjusted to be as tight as the v1.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I think that's a slam dunk, insofar as the adjustment is a ring not unlike the one on the Magma.

I really hope so!! I've got 2 Achilles, so I'm not hurting for something I like a lot, to vape with, but whenEVER! those Achilles 2 clones become available, I do plan to get one -- I'd really hate it if it was as airy as a Veritas.

Andria

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I really hope so!! I've got 2 Achilles, so I'm not hurting for something I like a lot, to vape with, but whenEVER! those Achilles 2 clones become available, I do plan to get one -- I'd really hate it if it was as airy as a Veritas.

Andria
You got a bum Veritas. I can shut my air down to nothing.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
You got a bum Veritas. I can shut my air down to nothing.

Maybe so. With only the TINIEST sliver of the airhole showing... I can't get a good MtL hit to save my life; it's like sucking on an empty straw. No resistance in the draw whatsoever.

Andria

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Maybe so. With only the TINIEST sliver of the airhole showing... I can't get a good MtL hit to save my life; it's like sucking on an empty straw. No resistance in the draw whatsoever.

Andria
I like a tight draw too. I admit the sliver is very small how I like it and it's not particularly easy to get it where I want it and a PITA considering I take the cap off every time I fill the well. But it can be done. This is another reason why I turned to the Achilles because it has a screw on cap and there is no fiddling with air re-adjustment every time it is filled.

Reactions: Woofer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread