eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
It's in there snug, but the 2 screws in the battery tray are the only thing holding it together. There might be some small indentations in the plastic that act as clips to help keep it in. Don't remember for sure.
20CED0F5-70E0-429A-9391-DF8E7DCD20F0_zpsvabb1a4d.jpg

Major911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2014
Grand Island, FL, USA
Has anyone been able to dissemble the mod.. I am thinking of replacing the 510 with something like fatdaddy as I think my 510 is not springy enough and causing problems with some attys.. Removed the two screws on the back but nothing opens .. Instructions would be helpful
That 510 looked like a pontential failing point so I put an adjustable heat sink on mine.
af1085ba2ab2dc439b204360c6e4b07e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ariffza

Tol

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
NY
What's a heat sink and where do I get. I've messed up my threads on 3 mods so I'm trying to prevent it on this one

I just ordered one off e-bay for $8 ( comes with a free bag of rayon), and FastTech sells them for about $4 or $5, if you don't mind the wait.
you just screw it onto your mod and your topper screws into it. Helps with heat dissipation and keeps you from having to screw/unscrew into your mod's threads basically. If you wreck the threads on the heat sink, you just get another.

just search google for: 510 Finned Heat Sink or something similar, Kepler seems to be the most common brand.

xiios

Nov 19, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
Anyone using SS 316L with the vtc mini? How is the temperature accuracy?
I am. I have a 0.3 ohm dualcoil and so far with 2 VTCs the dreaded resistance drop has (only) been 0.02 ohms. I don't have to hassle with the settings when I just lock the resistance exactly between the initial and "next-morning" values. I would say I get the same vape at 40W/210C I used to have with 0.08 ohm Ni200 build at 40W/200C.

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
I am. I have a 0.3 ohm dualcoil and so far with 2 VTCs the dreaded resistance drop has (only) been 0.02 ohms. I don't have to hassle with the settings when I just lock the resistance exactly between the initial and "next-morning" values. I would say I get the same vape at 40W/210C I used to have with 0.08 ohm Ni200 build at 40W/200C.
Thanks! Let me just do three quick questions: you did the cotton test? I mean, With ss, can get a warm/hot you using tc without dry hits? Do you dry burn the ss when you build ir rewick the coil?
Much appreciated [emoji4]

xiios

Nov 19, 2015
Tallinn, Estonia
Thanks! Let me just do three quick questions: you did the cotton test? I mean, With ss, can get a warm/hot you using tc without dry hits? Do you dry burn the ss when you build ir rewick the coil?
Much appreciated [emoji4]
I haven't done the cotton test. Haven't raised the temp over 230C. The only time I had a dry-hit while using TC was when I locked res too high. I don't dry burn SS but do wash gently with water/toothbrush and rewick.

Reactions: danielpm

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Yup, returned both of them last week. Currently using the TreeBox i swapped one for, stress and drama free so far, no fiddling needed in the week ive had it. Lol, i havent had to take the tank off it once :)
Thanks for mentioning the Treebox. Your post piqued my interest so I decided to take a chance on it.

My Treebox arrived this morning and I'm impressed. I threw on the atomizers with ss builds that the vtc wouldn't fire in ss mode and the Treebox handled them perfectly.

Thanks again man. I think I'm going to be happy with this mod.

Reactions: Tol

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Thanks for mentioning the Treebox. Your post piqued my interest so I decided to take a chance on it.

My Treebox arrived this morning and I'm impressed. I threw on the atomizers with ss builds that the vtc wouldn't fire in ss mode and the Treebox handled them perfectly.

Thanks again man. I think I'm going to be happy with this mod.

No worries.

I have to say that after the drama of the VTC Mini its been a no drama 2 weeks since i got my TreeBox.

I hope your experience follows mine.

The first week and a bit i had a nickel build on there and was happy as larry. Push button simpolicity, every vape the same

2 days ago i put on an SS build (316L), changed the TCR to 0.00092 and have been tooting away happily on that.

Nothing ive thrown at TC on it has had an issue. Usually sit around 430f on Ni, 410f on SS, maybe a bit less early in the day...

As a bonus my initial resistance hasnt moved even 0.001 ohm on it with either Ni or SS...

I was considering getting a second one, but then i remembered i instated a rule to never buy 2 of anything again
after the VTC Mini saga.

So i may buy a Xcube Mini or full size (although i hate the fast and furious LED fire bar, and i dont want to use the ©BlueDouche
connection, im not a 17 year old Xbox gamer), or maybe ill get a Kooper Plus 200w...all have the same tech in them, and it
seems to work well.

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Sent the email off to VapeNW. We'll see what they say.

HD
Just fyi, I got both of my faulty vtc's from vapenw's storefront. (Their storefront is called total vape). I don't know if certain batches are bad or if it's random. Hopefully yours will work.

No worries.

I have to say that after the drama of the VTC Mini its been a no drama 2 weeks since i got my TreeBox.

I hope your experience follows mine.

The first week and a bit i had a nickel build on there and was happy as larry. Push button simpolicity, every vape the same

2 days ago i put on an SS build (316L), changed the TCR to 0.00092 and have been tooting away happily on that.

Nothing ive thrown at TC on it has had an issue. Usually sit around 430f on Ni, 410f on SS, maybe a bit less early in the day...

As a bonus my initial resistance hasnt moved even 0.001 ohm on it with either Ni or SS...

I was considering getting a second one, but then i remembered i instated a rule to never buy 2 of anything again
after the VTC Mini saga.

So i may buy a Xcube Mini or full size (although i hate the fast and furious LED fire bar, and i dont want to use the ©BlueDouche
connection, im not a 17 year old Xbox gamer), or maybe ill get a Kooper Plus 200w...all have the same tech in them, and it
seems to work well.
That's funny, I did a little google-fu this morning and came up with the same tcr value of 0.00092. Mine has been puffing away perfectly too. The biggest advantage this box has over the vtc is you can manually adjust just about any parameter on it. It's definitely a box for people that love to tinker. Thanks again Style.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Just fyi, I got both of my faulty vtc's from vapenw's storefront. (Their storefront is called total vape). I don't know if certain batches are bad or if it's random. Hopefully yours will work.

That's funny, I did a little google-fu this morning and came up with the same tcr value of 0.00092. Mine has been puffing away perfectly too. The biggest advantage this box has over the vtc is you can manually adjust just about any parameter on it. It's definitely a box for people that love to tinker. Thanks again Style.
Lol, i googled it too the other day when i saw an exchange on here about different SS TCR's

It has been great, being able to tweak things like TCR for any wire (although to be honest only likely to get changed when using SS), and that one thing i thought might come in handy (and which was part of the issue on the Mini) - the initial resistance adjustment, i havent needed at all!

I shouldnt get too excited im at the 2 week mark, and this is at the point the Mini went south on me :)

Nah, i feel like this is going to be just fine

p.s. It was hilarious today, i went to pick up some stuff for a blind guy i volunteer for (at a nursing home) at a vision impaired society - bus driver on the way there saw the TreeBox, commented on it and told me he has been vaping for a week and wanted to know how long id been vaping, then if i was using nic in my juice as he had heard of people getting down to 0 nic, im like "yep some do, but i aint one of them", anyways he drops me off at the blind socety...been there many times, but today was the first time one of the girls noticed the mod id plonked down on the desk when i went to pay "Oh, i like that...thats one of those electronic cigarettes, inst it". Im like "youve never commented on my previous gear". She says "Ive been thinking of giving up smoking and getting onto those, but thats the first one ive seen that i like, we have a guy here that uses one of the cigarette looking ones, and that put me off". Everywhere you go people like the TreeBox....

Last edited:

scrappy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Seattle
Has anyone been able to dissemble the mod.. I am thinking of replacing the 510 with something like fatdaddy as I think my 510 is not springy enough and causing problems with some attys.. Removed the two screws on the back but nothing opens .. Instructions would be helpful
I used fatdaddy 510's on 2 dna40 boxes I built. They're fantastic! But I don't think they'll work in the vtc enclosure. The 22mm spacer is a tiny bit bigger than 22mm so you'll have to use the 15mm without the spacer. But your biggest problem will be depth. It takes up a lot of real estate inside the box.

This should give you an idea of how long it is.
imag0329-jpg.400604

Last edited:

danielpm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2012
Braga, Portugal
Bought some SS and some Ti, and did the dry cotton test with the TC modes for both. Both of them fail and burn the cotton. How is that possible? I tested first with 0.6 Ohm coils (for both SS and Ti), 200°F (minimum) and 30W, and it burned. Then I follow pbusardo vídeo and tested with the same settings and burned again, more quickly (in pbusardo vídeo the cotton dont goes on fire , my did).

Im really disapointed with this..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread