GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Please tell me @perseas if i will be able to use heron v2 with a traditional 510 connector mods? I am asking because i can only see hybrid base, Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you will! We produce right now the Heron 510 adapter v2, which is 1 mm shorter than the previous one. There will be options during the order to choose the connection, exactly as we did with Spheroid 4.
I was asked yesterday on UKVapers forum, if we can offer Heron in 510 at the same price with GPin. If we could cut the previous adapter by 1 mm without ruining the threading, that wouldn't be a problem, but it cannot be done, so we're making them again, but shorter.
After speaking with our machinists on the morning and calculating the cost, the Heron 2 with 510 connection will be sold as a whole for 125 + 9.50 = € 134.50, at the time of the order. If the 510 adapter is purchased separately, it will cost € 24.50. Τhe previous Herons (v1 and v1.5) were more expensive in 510 (€ 144,50) and they had less features as well. So, we keep the same price as before with a more evolved atty and we offer the 510 adapter at a reduced price. The price policy of a mass produced item cannot be applied to our limited production runs, but we keep our prices reasonable and we offer the best we can make each time
smiley1.gif

@qorax video for Heron v2 Papsroid?

We call it GP HnP and every version of Heron+Paps creates this hybrid look. The new Heron will come in 2 tone finish as default. The fully brushed finish is deserved for the GP HnP hybrids, because it is very difficult to be done in the curved surfaces of Heron's top cap in a uniform manner.
Fully brushed units, polished and bead blasted ones are considered custom and there will be options at the product page.

Qorax is preparing a review of the Heron 2 and he can demonstrate it with his PAPS 4 as a GP HnP hybrid unit, in a few days.

GP HnP (Heron+Paps)

GP_Hn_P_4.jpg

GP HnP comparison between Heron 1.5 & Heron 2

GP_Hn_P_comparison_between_Heron_1_5_vs_Heron_2.jpg

GP HnP - exploded view

GP_Hn_P_exploded_view.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
If both adapters are 24.50, then:

Heron V2 Hybrid will be 125 + 24.50 (for 510) = 149.50

Heron V2 510 is 134.50 (125 + 9.5) + 24.50 (for hybrid) = 159

Do i have that correct?

The important detail I forgot to clarify before is the silver plated parts of the extra GPin adapter which increase the cost in the second case of your example. The GP Heron with the default GPin connection has brass parts. We'll put an option for just silver plated parts on the product page. The 510 adapter has silver plated pin as well.

GP Heron 2 GPin adapter

IMG_0749.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello my GP Family!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

BTW: Have I mentioned lately.. How much I love my GP Family and my 'X'? :)

Much love to you Cucco and to the rest of the GP Family :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Stan & perseas, Heron V2 in Spheroid mod -> what is to be done ? Same like Spheroid V4 with fluff and without chamber cap ?
Thanks in advance!
-Stefan
Yes, exactly. It follows the same principle of Spheroid V4.

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Hi Perseas. I have always been curious...Is GP a Greek or Bulgarian company? On your site it lists Sophia as the company address, but it states that GP products are designed in Athens and produced in both Athens and Sophia.

I recall you saying that you often travel between Sophia and Athens. Isn't that like a 10 hour drive or do you fly?

So, is the company Greek or Bulgarian?

Are GP products a Greek or Bulgarian product?

And personally, are you Greek or Bulgarian?

Ever since the break up of so many countries in Europe during the late nineties and beyond, receiving their independance, I've been so very curious and interested in the historical origins of ethnicity and country identification.

I would love to hear some of your thoughts of the geopolitical differences and diversities, and the similarities between the two countries that share a border.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Hi Perseas. I have always been curious...Is GP a Greek or Bulgarian company? On your site it lists Sophia as the company address, but it states that GP products are designed in Athens and produced in both Athens and Sophia.

I recall you saying that you often travel between Sophia and Athens. Isn't that like a 10 hour drive or do you fly?

Ever since the break up of so many countries in Europe during the late nineties and beyond, receiving their independance, I've been so very curious and interested in the historical origins of ethnicity and country identification.

I would love to hear some of your thoughts of the geopolitical differences and diversities, and the similarities between the two countries that share a border.
I'm sure @perseas will chime in soon, meanwhile this is what I know:

1. Perseas is Greek, has a Greek real name and lives in Athens as well.
2. Initially all GP products were produced only in Greece.
3. They started manufacturing in Sofia, Bulgaria subsequently to save on production costs.
4. And those savings are passed down to us, the buyers, as well (reduced & effective prices).
5. "G&P" are initial letters from the names/surnames of two partners (including Perseas), who are both Greek.
6. DHL shipping charges from Sofia are way lower than what it is from Athens.
:)
:D

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Hello my friend :)

We started in Athens back in 2011 in the basement of George's apartment with a $500 lathe. Actually the prototype Spheroid has been made on this very lathe!
As the demand from the Greek and the German forums increased we took our designs to be made by a bigger lathe, still manual, no automation yet and we did the PAPS v1 and v2. After that we made all of our creations with CNC machining starting with the Spheroid v1 and Piccolo in our main CNC facility in Athens. Projects like the X were made in the other three facilities (two CNC facilities and a polishing/electropolishing one) in Bulgaria. This started during April 2012 due to the scarce supplies of good stainless steel, the lack of good polishers and mostly the bad quality of the imported steel (because of recession, the importers cut corners in quality), forced us to research for alternatives abroad.

As Stan said above, shipping and production cost for the quality we asked for was from very expensive to impossible.Nobody knew how to work on 316 SS or Titanium in such small size, there wasn't any past tradition. At the same time the first signs about a dark future for any business in Hellas appeared through the increasing political fiascos. We wanted to produce reasonably priced mods of very high quality with fast delivery, that was the dream. So, we moved north creating our company in Sofia, we design our products in Athens, we test the majority of them in Athens where our main CNC facility is located and we travel frequently by car to Sofia for the rest. Yeah, it 9 hours travel by car :)

GP Series products are Hellenic products in design and specs and partially in production. Most difficult and minuscule parts as the switches, GPin, etc, are manufactured in Hellas while engraving, polishing, shipping and some other products are manufactured in Bulgaria. All of our creations are made under our supervising in limited quantities with continuous improvements.

I am Hellene and this is the factual term, the Greece-Greek ( the old people) is a metaphoric term like the Hebrew (the people of the passage), which describes a transitory state of existence at a certain period of the historical time and usually denotes a happening or property of a certain event in time or space. After the last great cataclysm, new names were given to the native survivors, by the descendants of the newly formed tribes who had migrated at safer places and returned afterwards.

Bulgaria has a slavic alphabet based on the Hellenic one, imposed by the ecclesiastical authorities during 9th century upon all the Slavs in order to erase their collective cultural memories and the prior 49 Proto-Linear syllabographic scripts of their ancient forms of writing coming from the antediluvian common language during the Pagan Era and even earlier from the Vedic Era. I have observed a universal attempt/idiocy to convince the world population that we have no past on this planet and we came here yesterday, directly from the monkeys and everything is developed during the last 10.000 years and if it can be sold or measured by machines is valid, otherwise we must forget about it.

As people Bulgarians are Northerners of course, and they have very few obesity problems in their population in contrast to what happens in my country and the rest of the world.

Balkans in general are passionate and inventive people with a volcanic idiosyncrasy regarding their relationships with any kind of authority and this doesn't stand well with the TPTW.

All Balkans have common roots in their traditional music. This place is a war field for centuries by man made borders. Basically, if you hear a Balkan traditional song, you recognise instantly this ancient collective soul no matter, if it comes from Albania, Yugoslavia (defunct name ...), Bulgaria, Hellas (forgotten name ... ), etc.

Three songs by 3 great female singers

Underground is a 1995 comedy-drama film about Yugoslavia directed by Emir Kusturica:
(English subtitles)

The Orphic Hymn to Dionysos (Χαίρε Νύμφη)
(English subtitles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread