Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Can I ask what temp you vape the 0.15ohm coil at please / max watts..

45 J/420 F --- 50 J/450 F

Of course, my Max joules on the SXmini M-Class is the max of the mod itself (not in battle axe mode! LOL). I may put it on my Dicodes 2380T and hit it with more just to see, but it's doing me swell like this.

Last edited:

Adrian Ludvik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Ocala, Florida, United States
So, I've been fiddling on and off all day trying to rebuild the coil heads mine came with. Finally have some good results. 28g ni200 around what I'm guessing is a 5mm screwdriver, 15 wraps. Better flavor and vapor than I could do with the rba deck. If anyone is wants some pics on how I'll post some next time I rebuild one.

I have some ni200 coil heads on their way from 3fvape so I'll be able to compare in 4-10 days ore more likely 4-10 months knowing how slow they ship.

Icaruss

Oct 9, 2015
Portsmouth, UK
Hi guys! Just registered as I just got my ipvd2 + uwell crown.

@Mr.Mann : I definitely got overzealous. Was watching a video, and the guy recommended that I prime the coil from the top at an angle, until we can notice some wetness on the airholes. But like you said, i tried the tissue method, and noticed they were brownish. Is it cause the cotton is burned? I'm currently using the .5 coil, and on 40w.

And did notice some bubbling/gurgling noise, but some people said that its normal, was just the coil working. Is it?

Sorry with the questions, still a noob in this. But really feeling this setup of mine.

Last edited:

iwarzon

Fog Machine
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2014
Ventura County
Here is my little tid bits of info

THIS IS THE BEST TANK TO DATE!

Ok seriously this is the best tank I have experianced for my vaping pleasure my juice (beard 32) and my set up (.25 coils with the IPV D2 @ 55-70 watt)
It blows away all the aspire series Kangertec sub ohm plus mini and Artic in reguards to clouds
Flavor wise it is a bit better than the ones I listed not buy much that Kangertec introduced the vertical coil

awoodby

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
Livonia, mi
So, I've been fiddling on and off all day trying to rebuild the coil heads mine came with. Finally have some good results. 28g ni200 around what I'm guessing is a 5mm screwdriver, 15 wraps. Better flavor and vapor than I could do with the RBA deck. If anyone is wants some pics on how I'll post some next time I rebuild one.

YES PLEASE! Been wondering if anyone was rebuilding the coils for the Crown, would love to see how/what you did

Lumandra

Oct 26, 2015
Gone
Regarding the coils and how *I* get the most life out of them. A few tips I've learned after having this tank awhile:
  • Do NOT get liquid inside of the coils! Do not get overzealous with saturating the coils for a priming. Take your time and just soak the cotton from the outside liquid-feeds or the top of the coil head. If you over-saturate it from the top (of the coil head or even the tank itself and it runs down the center), twist a thin piece of tissue and run it down the middle of the coil and soak up some of the extra liquid. You can check to see if you over-saturated it by dry-pulling and checking for gurgles.
  • Refill your tank *before* the liquid gets to or below the "crown". I don't know why that works becasue the fill holes are lower and it should be all good, but it does work wonders for me. My theory is that with vaping and the occasional tilting of the mod, some parts of the liquid-feed are not getting fed well enough during a pull. Dunno exactly though.
  • When using the top-fill to refill (which I imagine EVERYONE does), try and stop your fill just shy of the of fill-slots. If you fill it too high and are touching the fill-slots, or even worse, above the slots, you'll get hella spit-back and it'll mess up the vape
  • If you empty out a tank and even immediately refill it, do not vape it right away. Wait a minute or two and if you are using a regulated device, back it off the wattage for a *few* pulls (as low as 1/3 lower) before cranking it back up. But only for a few pulls is what I've found necessary if in a rush (but I prefer to take my time with it).
  • If you use a regulated device and you start to get wonky hits (those hits where the coils sizzles after you hit it and tastes kinda burnt, back it off the wattage by about 1/3 and vape your way back up over the course of maybe half a tank). If the coil is *not* truly spent -- and you know it shouldn't be -- it will get its performance back.
  • If your coil starts acting wonky, do not try and power your way through that. Essentially "re-prime it," but without the soaking of the cotton part.
  • Breaking-in the coils is best at low wattages (of course), using short, hard-ish pulls. Do not take long drags even at lower wattages. These coils are great because with a little care, you can break them in successfully in about 5-10 minutes (or just about a 1/5 of a tank!!). Even with the .25Ω heads, I might begin at 25 watts and creep up 3-5 watts with about 3-5 quick pulls at each range until I get to my desired power. Though sometimes I really take my time breaking-in Crown heads because the vape is never actually nasty tasting (like a few other tanks).
  • My biggest tip for getting extraordinarily good life out for the coils is, if you have a hard :censored: hitting mechanical mod (*not* a hybrid-style), use your Crown on that! I have a fantastic mechanical mod and my coils last 2x as long (at least). I think becasue the power being delivered to it backs off ever so slightly with each successive pull, it doesn't stress the coils out. Since my mech is so efficient (JKuro Mod), I barely notice any difference in vape (aside from the life of the coils) as I do vaping it at a mid-high range on a regulated device (~70 watts). If you like to blast the coils with 85+ watts, this won't work for you so much.
  • If using a mech, I'd suggest breaking-in the coils when your battery is low.
p.s. If you disagree with anything I've said, we can agree to disagree. These tips I've learned are what have worked for me, saved me money and provided me with a much longer life of one coil. Hopefully this helps someone out there. Vape on. Vape well.

Thanks so much for the info!!

Reactions: Mr.Mann

RayTrue04

Nov 9, 2015
For me the flavor is better with the .15 ni200 but the clouds on the .25 are bigger. Been vaping for about 2 months now and was so in love with the .25 I didn't see any point in trying any of the other coils. Decided last week to try temp control and I think I'm making the .15 my go to. Both are great honestly, I still have the .05 untouched and might just give it to my friend as that's his coil of choice since he likes vaping at a low 30-40 watt range. One thing I also noticed is flavor was great on the ni200 straight out the box as opposed to the .25 which always gave a cotton taste with every new one installed until broken in. There was no cotton taste on first use with the .15 ni200. Like vaping both from 60-80 watts on my vt200 with the ni200 set at 285C. TC also works on the .25 although not as great so I just stick to wattage mode and turn off TC. I can't believe I haven't smoked a cigarette since and don't even think of picking one up! Only downfall is the flavor is so good vaping at higher watts I go through juice like nothing especially at 80 watts but it's worth it!

cjpeltz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2014
United States
I would agree in large part. I do agree that flavor initially on the Ni200 is better than the .25 SS as you have to break in the coils. But after the first tank or so, I do think the .25 performs a bit better and gives better flavor for me. But, the noticeable difference is the consistency -- I do get dry hits every once in a while on the .25 and the Ni has just been smooth - same vape, same flavor each and every time I use it.

I will say that the .5 leaves quite a bit to be desired -- just not enough flavor or clouds for my liking. I tried a few coils with the .5, but definitely will be sticking with a combo of a .25 SS and Ni depending on the device I am using.

Reactions: RayTrue04

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
I am interested in the Uwell Crown with the optional RBA build deck (I have no interest in using the Uwell pre-made coil heads).

Has anyone here made a coil from just regular Kanthal using the optional RBA build deck? .... How did you like the outcome?

On my Kayfun Lite, I use a single coil made from Kanthal 27 AWG at about 1.3 Ohms ... I feed this about 12 Watts of power ... This is what I would like to try in the Uwell Crown (I am a mouth to lung vapor that uses a pretty restrictive airflow)

I have seen the Kanger Subtank Mini before. This tank also comes with an RBA build deck for those people that don't want to use the Kanger pre-made coil heads. I wonder how the Uwell Crown compares to the Kanger Subtank Mini when the RBA build deck is used on both of these atties?

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
3fvape.com has the coils 4 for $11.55 with free shipping over $15. I bought my black crown tank and the rda along with a black glass (.99) for the tank there, took around 15 days from china to Tacoma WA. and I had to use paypal to pay as a lot of credit cards are not allowed to be used in china (many cc frauds, such wow)

They do provide usps tacking, but do not expect to see much for the first week while they "prepare" the order and customs docs. Once it hits usps and arrives in the USA, it will sit for another few (4 ish) days going through customs before continuing its journey to your mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread