Need your help, everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
Searching for ADV!

Recently started vaping, ordered mostly from mount baker with some very mixed results. The closest thing I've found to an ADV is VaporShark's Extra Menthol Tobacco (dunno if it's NET or not.) Everyone on ECF seems to speak pretty highly of HHV's NET lineup so I'm asking for your input!

1) Your favorite/ADV tobacco flavor from HHV, NET or otherwise.

2) Menthol or not, opinions on the various degrees of menthol strength from HHV and how they sit with particular flavors

3) PG/VG mix, what's your ideal mix for whichever particular hardware (I'm on a nautilus at the moment with a tighter draw, usually around 12.5W--with some dripping hardware on the way.)

4) Typical steep (aging! haha) method/time, open-air with caps off or not, opinions on how PG/VG mix tends to change steep time, etc.

5) Flavor shots, how many, how they change steep time, how necessary for higher VG, etc.

*I left off nicotine concentration since it's so subjective, and I'll likely be going with 18mg whatever the case.

Thanks all in advance! Hoping this will go a long way to find whatever I'm searching for at HHV without having to spend a fortune in the process...

(Feel free to move this thread if necessary, mods--I wasn't exactly sure where to put it!)

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Hi @klrcommute and welcome to HHV! You've come to the right place for your questions, and for great tobacco flavors. The thing that keeps amazing me about Heather is her ability to create flavors that taste authentic. I came here too because of recommendations on ECF, and prefer tobacco favored vapes. You will have lots of good advice from the folks here.

If you didn't see it, there's a thread of tobacco flavor reviews here:
*REVIEWS* - HHV Tobaccos

For your questions:
1) My ADVs are all NETs: Legend, Pirate's Booty and Serendipity. Legend is cherry tobacco, mildly sweet, with the cherry flavor being well balanced and not overpowering at all. It's a popular choice for HHV fans. Pirate's Booty is a slightly spicy cigar flavor, more savory than the other NETs. It's phenomenal mixed with Legend. Serendipity is Legend with a longer extraction time, making it darker and less sweet.

2) I don't add menthol, but others here do and can give you their thoughts. I do like HHV's Menthol Ice, and can tell you the menthol flavor is really good.

3) My PG/VG ratio is 60/40. I've tried high PG and 100% VG, but this was the best for me on all gear: Kayfuns, Nautilus, drippers (Magma and Veritas) and Aqua v2. Normally vaped around 18 - 20W.

4) With HHV NETs I do a 24 hr cap off airing, and I close up the bottles during that time to give it a few vigorous shakes, then caps off again. Periodic shakes daily. Two weeks later, the flavors really blend and come out. I never wait that long to start enjoying though. Most HHV is great right out of the box. :)

5) Haven't tried extra flavor shots, but some here always do one or two extra shots.

I'm at 15 mg of nicotine, FWIW. Again, welcome and enjoy!

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Hi klr, welcome.

Try the sample packs. Try a large smattering of the NETs. The more popular ones are Dragon's Fire, Legend, Gaia, Heavenly Army but there are many good ones. Menthol is an option for many or all of them. Nothing to add to LA's reply. Good luck and let us know what you ordered.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Welcome to HHV!

1. Dragon's Fire is my all day, every day vape. I didn't start out that way, I just progressed to this point.

2. I don't do menthol. My order accidentally had menthol added one time. It was donated to another member here. Adam (owner of HHV) quickly sent me out a correct replacement order.

3. When I first started with Heather's, I ordered sample sizes. They only came at 70/30, PG/VG and I had no problem with the mix so I just continued with that ratio. I haven't tried a different ratio.

4. 24 hour cap off, shaking when I think about it which is rarely, cap back on. Just remember to shake well before dispensing into your liquid delivery device of choice, this goes with all liquids whether they come from HHV or another vendor. The color of the liquid deepens as it ages. That is normal. I have vaped fresh and well aged liquid. Depending on the liquid and your personal tastes, some are great right out of the box and some are great after aging. It will take some experimentations on your part.

5. I don't need flavor shots. :p Some of the Army here Luv flavor shots ;)

Didn't help that much, did I?

The above is my experience only. I'm a simple girl :D

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
Thanks for the replies!

I managed to get in on some of the 15% sales--ordered a couple sample packs with the various NET flavors and Caramel Apple Tobacco and the like. Also mixed up a few 30ml bottles with a medium menthol just to see. I figured something 50/50 PG/VG wouldn't be a bad idea so they don't have to steep forever. So, I've got some menthol DF, Huntsman, and Legend on the way too. The only one I'm kinda second guessing was getting the menthol in the Legend--I didn't know it was sort of a cherry tobacco. We'll have to see how that turns out. Does Legend taste much different than Sweet Swish (the former being NET)? One's more a pipe tobacco with a cherry note, and the other more of a cigarillo flavor with the cherry?

Definitely curious about the menthol but I've noticed it can be pretty harsh in a lot of e-juice. Anyone here tried just mixing in some Mallow Mint or the like to a regular NET flavor when they want something menthol?

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thanks for the replies!

I managed to get in on some of the 15% sales--ordered a couple sample packs with the various NET flavors and Caramel Apple Tobacco and the like. Also mixed up a few 30ml bottles with a medium menthol just to see. I figured something 50/50 PG/VG wouldn't be a bad idea so they don't have to steep forever. So, I've got some menthol DF, Huntsman, and Legend on the way too. The only one I'm kinda second guessing was getting the menthol in the Legend--I didn't know it was sort of a cherry tobacco. We'll have to see how that turns out. Does Legend taste much different than Sweet Swish (the former being NET)? One's more a pipe tobacco with a cherry note, and the other more of a cigarillo flavor with the cherry?

Definitely curious about the menthol but I've noticed it can be pretty harsh in a lot of e-juice. Anyone here tried just mixing in some Mallow Mint or the like to a regular NET flavor when they want something menthol?

@Chakris is a fan of menthol. No doubt he will pop in to let you know his thoughts. He's in Thailand, so his time zone difference means he posts at odd hours for us US time zoners.

I find HHV menthol to be smooth. Especially with just a little aging. Like after a week. But I liked it right out of the box. I just don't prefer it mixed with other flavors. @Chakris is a fan of Sweet Swish too, I think.

MostlySunny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2012
Arizona
Nice order!!

I have a bottle of menthol and peppermint that I add a couple drops in a tank at a time when I need to jazz things up.

Personally, I LOVE menthol in legend. It's been a while since I've had it but now I'm thinking I need another order! That new peppermint bark and now I'm missing legend with menthol... Ugh!!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Nice order!!

I have a bottle of menthol and peppermint that I add a couple drops in a tank at a time when I need to jazz things up.

Personally, I LOVE menthol in legend. It's been a while since I've had it but now I'm thinking I need another order! That new peppermint bark and now I'm missing legend with menthol... Ugh!!

Well, you know... 8 hrs left on the Cyber Monday sale. Sooo.... :)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Searching for ADV!

Recently started vaping, ordered mostly from Mount Baker with some very mixed results. The closest thing I've found to an ADV is VaporShark's Extra Menthol Tobacco (dunno if it's NET or not.) Everyone on ECF seems to speak pretty highly of HHV's NET lineup so I'm asking for your input!
Howdy kirc, welcome to HHV.
Funny thing, I also ordered from MBV before coming here - also with mixed results. Their Blueberry Muffin was ok, but unless you're strong of mind and heart, stay away from Venom. It's like Hot Tamales on steroids!!! Uber cinnamon... cracks and etches tanks, clears sinuses and unclogs drains, etc. ;) LOL

1) My favorite/ADV tobacco flavor from HHV, NET are, Pirate's Booty, Huntsman, Gaia & non-NET there's Butter Rum, Gooey Butter Cake & Cin City.

2) Menthol or not, Contrary to popular belief, I'm not a fan of menthol, however, I was the guy who got Robin's Gaia/menthol mistake and thought it was pretty good, even though I could barely taste the menthol. (I think the mixer started to add menthol then realized his/her mistake and stopped - asking themselves, "Do you think she'll notice?" "Naw, it was only a couple of drops. Send it out.") Having distinguishing taste that she does, Robin did notice and asked for a sucker volunteer (yours truly) to take them off her hands.

That being said, I think you have it spot on with your order. DF, Huntsman (or Gaia), and Legend would all be good candidates for menthol. I was kind of iffy on Legend/menthol too, but if MostlySunny says it's good, it probably is. She has good taste as well. I would be careful about the strength, though. For DF I would go with a light menthol as it has a mellow flavor to begin with. Gaia & Huntsman would be able to handle the medium setting as they have a stronger, earthy flavor. I'm thinking the high menthol would cover up much of the tobacco flavor of a NET.

3) PG/VG mix, For flavor's sake, don't go too high on the VG end. PG is the flavor carrier. With high VG you may get denser vapor with less TH, but you'll sacrifice flavor somewhat. I like to stay around 60/40 or 50/50 PG/VG.

4) Typical aging! 24 to 48 hours with the caps off is the usual method around here. I like to also place them on a warm spot that vibrates slightly, i.e. an external disk drive. This may be a no go if you have kids in the house. Other than that, a lot depends on the juice itself. Some lend themselves to longer aging than others. If I remember correctly, Gaia, Legend and Huntsman do better with a long aging stage. Don't get me wrong though, all HHV juices can be vaped right out of the mail bag. Personal preference plays a big role here too.

5) Flavor shots, I get flavor shots on all my orders only because I believe I fried my taste buds smoking. I don't think it would change the aging process much if at all. I only get one extra shot because Adam advised not to add any more than that.

6) I left off nicotine concentration since it's so subjective,...
I find that the more nic there is in a juice, the stronger the TH there will be. I usually go with 12mg nic and just recently got some 18mg nic and really notice the difference in TH. I can barely vape the 18mg without coughing.

Legend's, so called, cherry note. Some here have been saying it's cherry while others think it's more like currant - who knows?! I sure don't. I do know however, that it's a very light, pleasant fruity note that takes a backseat to the tobacco. Sweet Swish, on the other hand the cherry flavor is more up front and candyish - almost too sweet of my taste.

If you're a fruit fan, other NETs such as, Sludge (tobacco/prune) and Jiggy (tobacco/fruit/herbs 'n' spices) might be something you'd like to try. I've tried and like both. Sludge is a great juice to have on hand when you get vaper's fatigue. Somehow Sludge's flavor always manages to come through. Jiggy is a pleasant change of pace NET that is like no other I've ever tried - the fruit and herbs are at the forefront while the tobacco takes a back seat. It's probably the least talked about NET on this forum, but I still like it.

Hope this helps, and I haven't bored you to death rambling. Let us know how you like the ones you ordered.

Last edited:

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Sorry to .... in here rather than starting a new thread, but has anyone tried Grindz?
Fresh Grindz - $6.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids

I haven't tried HHV yet, the flavors sure sound deliciously good...:)

Hi @inspects! You're not butting in at all. Welcome! I haven't tried Fresh Grindz yet, but it's on my list. @MostlySunny has tried it and @DavidOH has too. Both loved it, saying it's true coffee flavor. I forget who else has tried it. Maybe @Bunnykiller and @Hulamoon have. Hopefully one of them will stop by and give you their take on it. :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2014
Arizona, Ecuador
Hi @inspects! You're not butting in at all. Welcome! I haven't tried Fresh Grindz yet, but it's on my list. @MostlySunny has tried it and @DavidOH has too. Both loved it, saying it's true coffee flavor. I forget who else has tried it. Maybe @Bunnykiller and @Hulamoon have. Hopefully one of them will stop by and give you their take on it. :)

Thank you, LA... talked me into it...although i was going to order Grindz. From the ECF member comments, I don't see how I could go wrong....!

klrcommute

Nov 25, 2015
No rambling at all! This forum's been totally invaluable for figuring out the deal with all this vaping business.

It's definitely not rocket science, but there's just soooo many choices out there competing for your money--it's a huge help to get some honest opinions from beyond the youtube crowd. Especially for someone who thought vaping was like a throw-away gas station phenomenon until about a month ago.

So, haven't quit smoking yet, but this all looks very promising so far!

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Thank you, LA... talked me into it...although i was going to order Grindz. From the ECF member comments, I don't see how I could go wrong....!

Cool! Be sure to let us know how you like it. And anything else you decide to try too. We love to talk flavor and even some good natured arguing about it. ;) I see you identify as a "Squonkamaniac." Sounds like you might have met up with @PapawBrett here on ECF. If not, he's one of our resident REOnauts,(not sure how they spell that) and he'd love to talk squonking with you.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
No rambling at all! This forum's been totally invaluable for figuring out the deal with all this vaping business.

It's definitely not rocket science, but there's just soooo many choices out there competing for your money--it's a huge help to get some honest opinions from beyond the youtube crowd. Especially for someone who thought vaping was like a throw-away gas station phenomenon until about a month ago.

So, haven't quit smoking yet, but this all looks very promising so far!

We've all had that confusion and found lots of help here on ECF. Without the gang here on HHV, I'd still be vaping those gas station throwaways, or more likely, gone back to smoking. Feel free to ask any question you might have, not just about HHV flavors. There are a lot of great folks here who have tried a variety of vape gear, found what they love, and won't try to push you into their favorites. They helped me learn to build coils which I never thought I could do, and patiently talked me through lots of questions I had.

All the best to you in your journey to quitting. Plenty of support here to help you through that too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread