Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Blake, Heh, good job mate! Nicely catched up, I know it was a big mouthfull to digest! :) Also thank you for the "likes" you and everyone else! I'm really bad about remembering to give likes myself, since i'm not really used to such systems, as I guess it comes from facebook, which i've never been on personally! I am good talking about technical things, like computer forums and here etc, but not that good with normal back and forth social'yness I must admit :)

Jeremy, sorry about that! :) That was the part I remembered most you said, because that's my own theory on it, atleast for me... I get it when rejucing dry coils after a break, and not at other times... Also I vaguely remember the same when smoking cigarettes...

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Okay all, I need guidance and this thread has me going in many different directions.

I am an RTA user (12 total) on Vapershark rDNA40s (plural). I got 2 REOSMods and 6 BF atties. I prefer the VS and RTAs, but will have the mechs just in case. I 100% buy my juices pre-made and probably have a year's worth of vaping with what is stored. My current nic level is 3mg. I prolly won't change. It helps me relax when I need that.

So, really, my question is for when the e-juices run out. I am looking for NOW a good brand of nic base at 1 liter in a PG-prioritized base, or a 70/30 base. I am a 15-30 watt vaper looking for flavor and minimal TH or cloud. I am not sure the brand that you would all recommend and I know that I might be just passed the T-Giving sales. I, immediately, intend to break down the liter bottle into small dark, glass, well-sealed bottles so I can defrost one at a time to use. Speaking of that, I don't know where to get good bottles, or, if what I am thinking to do is correct.

I don't see getting mixing materials as very difficult. This include PG, VG, syringes, beakers, and plastic bottles. Oh, once I do mix up a 50-60ml bottle, I assume it needs to be mixed on some kind of machine. A recommendation for that would be great.

Please help by suggesting:
- A link to a good nic base (100mg nic)
- A link to good freezer storage bottles. I figure 100 or 200ml in size.
- A mixing machine?

Thanks all. I don't mind multiple suggestions. I am a pretty simple vaper. You support will get me going.

Again, Thank-you,

Frenchfry

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Well as far as mixing and needing a machine , absolutely not . I use a Sawzall , it foams juice faster and more effectively than anything i have ever used.

Unless your going into business mixing large quantities of juice , scrap the machine , spend your money elsewhere.

Reactions: 52anddone

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
For nics that are very neutral and lowish throat-hit, then the 3 top contenders according to many, are currently nude-nic, vt(chemnovatic) and carolina-extract.

Bottles are fine as long as they are glas and preferably amber or other ultraviolet light blocking color. It's not really important for the freezer, as the light is blocked there, but it's good for when taking the bottles up and in use. Yes, well-sealed is important and you can e.g. either use polycone caps or euro-droppers for syringe-dispensing which also acts as a good gasket. Specialty Bottle is pretty popular for that, but theres plenty others...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
OKay. But should I consider a "Sawzall"?

Edit: A Sawzall??? How is that used. Do you have an attachment instead of the blade?

Yeah , maybe my " Sawzall " comment was too extreme , i use one and made a special attachment that fits different size bottles but it's not easy so lets scratch the Sawzall .

I am sure others will chime in and tell you how they mix , some throw their juice in a dryer with no heat , not a good idea in my opinion.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Blake, Heh, good job mate! Nicely catched up, I know it was a big mouthfull to digest! :) Also thank you for the "likes" you and everyone else! I'm really bad about remembering to give likes myself, since i'm not really used to such systems, as I guess it comes from facebook, which i've never been on personally! I am good talking about technical things, like computer forums and here etc, but not that good with normal back and forth social'yness I must admit :)

Jeremy, sorry about that! :) That was the part I remembered most you said, because that's my own theory on it, atleast for me... I get it when rejucing dry coils after a break, and not at other times... Also I vaguely remember the same when smoking cigarettes...

No problem bud just wanted to clarify what I think its from most the time.

And I'm like you too, much better in the technical forums than the social ones, probably the same in real life.

Reactions: mhertz

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Okay all, I need guidance and this thread has me going in many different directions.

I am an RTA user (12 total) on Vapershark rDNA40s (plural). I got 2 REOSMods and 6 BF atties. I prefer the VS and RTAs, but will have the mechs just in case. I 100% buy my juices pre-made and probably have a year's worth of vaping with what is stored. My current nic level is 3mg. I prolly won't change. It helps me relax when I need that.

So, really, my question is for when the e-juices run out. I am looking for NOW a good brand of nic base at 1 liter in a PG-prioritized base, or a 70/30 base. I am a 15-30 watt vaper looking for flavor and minimal TH or cloud. I am not sure the brand that you would all recommend and I know that I might be just passed the T-Giving sales. I, immediately, intend to break down the liter bottle into small dark, glass, well-sealed bottles so I can defrost one at a time to use. Speaking of that, I don't know where to get good bottles, or, if what I am thinking to do is correct.

I don't see getting mixing materials as very difficult. This include PG, VG, syringes, beakers, and plastic bottles. Oh, once I do mix up a 50-60ml bottle, I assume it needs to be mixed on some kind of machine. A recommendation for that would be great.

Please help by suggesting:
- A link to a good nic base (100mg nic)
- A link to good freezer storage bottles. I figure 100 or 200ml in size.
- A mixing machine?

Thanks all. I don't mind multiple suggestions. I am a pretty simple vaper. You support will get me going.

Again, Thank-you,

Frenchfry

Just start with any nic recomended here. No mixing tools needed at all. A shake and a steep is all I've ever needed with 100vg. Its all way simpler than you think. No machine needed.

I have a bare bones setup that has served me well over the years. A 10ml cylinder, a 50ml beaker, 100ml beaker, a 1 ml dropper, and a 3 ml syringe gets all the measuring done. All in plastic. I use old 250ml nic bottles for my large batches.

Make your choice, clean nic or "dirty" th nic. Rts is a good middle ground if your not sure. I'm using ecx (nicselect) right at the moment it's good th with some tobacco flavor.

Many good nics are recommended in this thread.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Well, so ECX is good but expect some TH. I was looking at this:

http://www.ecigexpress.com/diy-e-li...0mg-bases/100mg-unflavored-nicotine-base.html

I put my vaping characteristics to let people know that I am only a single/dual coil casual vaper.

The mixing machine thing, I read here and just wanted to get thoughts from several people and how they might accelerate their mixings.

I appreciate the links so that I can compare or if their is a sale involved. I hope others chime in, too.

mmsjs5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Illinois
The mixing machine thing, I read here and just wanted to get thoughts from several people and how they might accelerate their mixings.

I appreciate the links so that I can compare or if their is a sale involved. I hope others chime in, too.

Are you talking about the ultrasonic cleaner that I've read some people use? I've read that some people use them, but never found it necessary because I don't make anything that I have to wait for to be vapeable. Other than that, I haven't read about another 'mixing machine'. :)

Reactions: herb

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I think it was a magnetic thing that was put in the beaker as it sat on a metal plate that spun at 1k to 2k rpm.

My wondering is that if I mix the VG in with the PG/Nic base and add the flavoring, it has to be able to mix together. I started looking around and this is an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instrum...4959&sr=8-2&keywords=magnetic+mixer+hot+plate

If you mix like I just mentioned, how can you immediately vape it. VG and PG have different viscosity for one. Just by shaking the bottle for 10 seconds, does that work?

Thank-you

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Just mix up your recipe and leave some room in the bottle to aid mixing. A full bottle is a bit difficult to mix. If you insist on something to mix with a plastic qtip and a drill works. I haven't found it necessary to get crazy with mixing. It mixes together easier than you would think. Shake and roll. A little warm water and repeat.

At 3mg most things should seem pretty smooth. The best of the smooth nics to me are Carolina extract, nude nicotine, and vapers tek. In that order. Nude has a sample cheap. Carolina is expensive but I really like it. You might try one of the cheap ones first to see if it compares to the nude sample.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Wow, That is pretty basic though. Just VG and nic, I gather. If it works, good for you.

I am wondering if I should get PG and VG , mix it, and store so it blends. Then have my nic in a PG/VG base. Mix the two to lower the total nic, but then I have to deal with flavoring.

I am brand new to DIY and hoping people would input what nic they use and where they get it. Especially if it is on sale. Really some BIG price differences in what the vendors want. That makes me wonder.

But, using just VG and Nic is simple.

Thanks!

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I think it was a magnetic thing that was put in the beaker as it sat on a metal plate that spun at 1k to 2k rpm.

My wondering is that if I mix the VG in with the PG/Nic base and add the flavoring, it has to be able to mix together. I started looking around and this is an example:

http://www.amazon.com/Hanna-Instrum...4959&sr=8-2&keywords=magnetic+mixer+hot+plate

If you mix like I just mentioned, how can you immediately vape it. VG and PG have different viscosity for one. Just by shaking the bottle for 10 seconds, does that work?

Thank-you

Yes it works , i typically shake for more than 10 seconds though , if you see cloudiness and millions of bubbles you shaked it well . It will clear after a little while.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Wow, That is pretty basic though. Just VG and nic, I gather. If it works, good for you.

I am wondering if I should get PG and VG , mix it, and store so it blends. Then have my nic in a PG/VG base. Mix the two to lower the total nic, but then I have to deal with flavoring.

I am brand new to DIY and hoping people would input what nic they use and where they get it. Especially if it is on sale. Really some BIG price differences in what the vendors want. That makes me wonder.

But, using just VG and Nic is simple.

Thanks!

I keep my PG/VG separate as do my Nic , "E Juice me up" tells you the exact amounts of each to add based on percentage of PG/VG , strength you want your juice to be and amount to be made .

It also tells you how much flavoring to add . I only shake it "till the cows come home" after all that's completed .

PS: Cows walk ridiculously slow ( this is especially true if they know you are in a hurry to get somewhere) and take forever to come home so you maybe shaking for a while.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Are you talking about the ultrasonic cleaner that I've read some people use? I've read that some people use them, but never found it necessary because I don't make anything that I have to wait for to be vapeable. Other than that, I haven't read about another 'mixing machine'. :)

Yeah , i wouldn't count on an Ultrasonic cleaner to thoroughly mix your juice , some say they help cut steeping time though , i think plain old "time" is the best.

Reactions: JeremyR

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Sketchness, reading reviews, posts, etc. I got the impression that ECX was well rated. At 1 liter/100mg Nic ($32) for them and Nude Nic was $105. That is about $70 in difference. !!

I will look at Vapor Tek. I know the Carolina one is highly rated, but also costly.

No, no, no , no ECX Nicotine , it's the worst i have ever had by far , brutal stuff .

Reactions: Dixie1954
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread