Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 6)

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
You may be right there, Robin! Since moving to other tanks, I do tend to have the coil sitting pretty close to the airhole. I did notice the heat thing and altitude in travel. I brought one with me on our last trip here, and there are lots of big climbs on the journey. The tank pretty much emptied itself all over my Provari. Thankfully, I had it in a ziplock bag. :facepalm:
To keep it from leaking during those altitude climbs, if you can, take the tank off and put a small wadded up piece of paper towel where the drip tip goes. Set it in something that will hold it upside down consistently. That will keep the liquid in the tank and not all over the place. ;)

I take the drip tip off, wad up some paper towel, shove it in the drip tip spot and place the whole thing (ProVari and kayfun) upside down in the side pocket of my purse, when I fly. Totally stops the leaking.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Yes, altitudes will make the Kayfun leak (many others as well). And heat will thin the juice so if there is any weak spots the thinning will exacerbate that. And Robin brings up a good point. If that coil is sitting barely above the deck then it would leak easier than if it were higher. Also, bad o-rings will mess up the vacuum which is a sure way to get leakage.

I still have o-rings from when I bought them. I changed out some, but that's another thing on my checklist to try. I picked up some M-tanks and that helped for a bit. They have no visible cracks, and are barely used. I'm going to replace o-rings and raise the coil a bit. I'm betting that will do it.

The flavors I use are my occasionals. I should probably make sure to vape a little more frequently when I have them loaded up. Sitting in the tank unvaped probably doesn't help.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
I have noticed the same with the altitudes and heat, really hot days of I leave it in the car the tank is pretty much empty when I get back. I travel with them empty. If I'm in the car I find if I use it while the altitude is changing I can minimize the leakage.

In general use though, I don't have leaks. Condensation on the bottom but that's about it.

Exactly. I don't vape them often enough to keep juice from pooling. I plan to travel with them empty if I can, and upside down per Robin's tip if I don't want to empty them. Alcohol baths of my Provari make me sad. Hurts my OCD.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Exactly. I don't vape them often enough to keep juice from pooling. I plan to travel with them empty if I can, and upside down per Robin's tip if I don't want to empty them. Alcohol baths of my Provari make me sad. Hurts my OCD.
Nope, don't do the alcohol bath on the ProVari anymore. They use some other type of glue in there and don't recommend it any longer. Just clean the contacts with an alcohol swab. Dip the end of a q-tip and gently clean off the contact.

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Nope, don't do the alcohol bath on the ProVari anymore. They use some other type of glue in there and don't recommend it any longer. Just clean the contacts with an alcohol swab. Dip the end of a q-tip and gently clean off the contact.

Omigosh! I had no idea people actually did a dipping bath! I didn't do that, I promise! I did the swabbing method. :angel:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Omigosh! I had no idea people actually did a dipping bath! I didn't do that, I promise! I did the swabbing method. :angel:
Back when my first ProVari was new, I had some liquid get into the main body through the window. The recommendation then was to fill the tube with the alcohol and swish it to clean off everything that got in there. Let it dry overnight and good to go.

They changed the glue they used for the boards and that is no longer the thing to do! LOL

Scared me when you said a bath :ohmy: :D

LAwaters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2014
Back when my first ProVari was new, I had some liquid get into the main body through the window. The recommendation then was to fill the tube with the alcohol and swish it to clean off everything that got in there. Let it dry overnight and good to go.

They changed the glue they used for the boards and that is no longer the thing to do! LOL

Scared me when you said a bath :ohmy: :D

I should have said sponge bath. ;)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Morning Army, no pics yet. Waiting for the sun to get up just a little bit more - it's not over the tree tops yet.

Robin has the best advice for leaking with the Kayfun-like tanks - turn them upside down when full and not vaped regularly. My Kayfun v1 has never leaked anything except condensation from the get go. The KF v4 on the other hand will leak off and on depending on how bad or good I made the build. The Kanger Subox hasn't leaked either, however, it does get condensation build up under the airflow ring.

OK, let's take some pictures....

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Morning Army, no pics yet. Waiting for the sun to get up just a little bit more - it's not over the tree tops yet.

Robin has the best advice for leaking with the Kayfun-like tanks - turn them upside down when full and not vaped regularly. My Kayfun v1 has never leaked anything except condensation from the get go. The KF v4 on the other hand will leak off and on depending on how bad or good I made the build. The Kanger Subox hasn't leaked either, however, it does get condensation build up under the airflow ring.

OK, let's take some pictures....
Chak, check your HHV subforum threads. Someone asked about menthol and your name was invoked.

Users who are viewing this thread