Status
Not open for further replies.

Moxienator

Super Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2014
Central Mass
Use the hvy button spring from the build kit. Have to shorten it a bit. Stuff it under the leaf spring. [emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Would this be better than hacking in a Reo spring you think?

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Correct me if I'm wrong, it won't be the first time, but I believe Bobs magnet fix replaces the spring in the button assembly while most people interested are trying to avoid this:

View attachment 503346

I just replaced this one today after many months and a couple (OK, more than a couple) of drops. It was (somehow) still hitting pretty well.

Okay, so I wasn't going nuts!
2 different issues being addressed here. Button spring & Leaf Spring.
I was addressing the leaf spring issue earlier ! :)

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Not sure how it is possible to damage what you guys call the 'Leaf Spring' or negative 510 connector, unless you are running at .1 or consistently shorting your 510.

I own a few 'originals' used daily, and none of them show even a hint of wear on this connector

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Not sure how it is possible to damage what you guys call the 'Leaf Spring' or negative 510 connector, unless you are running at .1 or consistently shorting your 510.

I own a few 'originals' used daily, and none of them show even a hint of wear on this connector

Oh, that's easy. The PeKo is kinda like a cat, it always lands on its feet, I guess in this case it's ..... Each time it hits the ground like that, the battery flattens the leaf spring causing a crease which gets worse each time. Soooo... All you gotta do is drop it, multiple times :)

Don't ask me how I know :blush:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This pic?

50hdajm.jpg

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Yep, masking tape, rolled adhesive side out. It stays where you put it and it's easy to adjust the thickness of the log.
I'm replacing my bottles in everything and I'm going to try that masking tape tip. I do have 10 more springs, but it's kind of a pain to change. That tape might do the trick for me. Good tip, Uwe!:)

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Update on using the tape. I just dropped one of my Pekos from my chest pocket and it landed square on the bottom onto my hardwood floor. I popped it apart and the tape roll held up and the battery is still firm. That really does work like a charm:).

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread