Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Talked to my CU this morning. The charges came thru my debit card. They are going to make me a new one when I go down to fill out the paperwork for the dispute. They say it will take 5-10 days to get my $$ back. All good except the 5 -10 days part.
Had a flat on the way to fill out paperwork at the CU. had to get towed because I seriously doubt if the spare is any good, since it's older than the tires on the truck. I don't put enough miles on my truck to wear out tires. They just die from old age. So, trying again tomorrow for Dr & CU paperwork. I get a couple of new tires for Christmas this year. Then another couple for New Years. What is going on here? [emoji15]

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Me I am contemplating an egg sandwich LOL. Been awhile since I have had one.
Avocado is great on egg salad sandwiches! And tuna...oh, and blt's...& bacon & turkey sandwiches....
Avocado. It's not just for guacamole & chips, & fajitas, & salad anymore! Just throwing it out there!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Calling all dog lovers. My son and dil are considering getting another dog. One reason is so Frankie will have someone to play with, and now that I'm here, they won't be left alone when they're at work. Need some suggestions for breeds to look at that would be compatible.

Frankie is part west highland white terrier, and part either chinese crested or deer chihuahua best as we can tell. He has a ton of energy, but sleeps most of the day I think cuz he's bored. But take him outside on a leash, and he nearly chokes himself trying to run and gets way over excited.

Requirements:
20 is pounds or so. Don't want one much if any bigger than Frankie, cuz the yard just isn't big enough for a large dog to run in. 2 small dogs can chase each other around out there.

Not super high energy, but enough that they will run and play with him.

Low maintenance as far as grooming, but prefer they not shed a whole lot. and of course, the fewer potential health issues the better.

Fairly easy to train. My son and I will invest time in training and be consistent, by gd and dil won't.

Not a nervous yappy dog. lol So chihuahuas are out.

I know toy poodles fit well into these categories, but wanted some other suggestions.
Jack Russel, or a terrier mixed with Jack R. Energy wise theyll be equal, not yappy, & super smart. Great with kids!

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
If I had my druthers.....I'd rather have a bacon avocado sandwich, but........greek yogurt with blueberries and chia seeds is what I'll have to settle for....:)
Avocado and bacon sandwich, alfalfa sprouts.. Yum! Definitely a fave ogf mine!

ohhhh...I miss Marie Callenders restaurants in California !!

Great food !!

trust me, they've gone downhill. about the only thing i can tolerate there any more is the salad bar.

and, anybody who's seen me in the HO knows i ain't much of a salad guy :)
I lived in So Ca in the late 70s and yes, Marie Callender restaurants were great. Sorry to hear they have gone down hill.

Deb, Kenna's suggestion of Jack Russell/mix is a good idea. They are energetic, but the other dog might help with that. A terrier is a terrier. Jack's are very smart and trainable, but you must set rules and be consistent. Well, that goes for any dog really.....

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Oh that is so sad about the food going down hill !!
And they had great cornbread too !
I had take-out meals from Boston Market a couple of times when I was up in New Joisey a cuppla years ago. Very decent. No Marie Callendar's or Boston Markets within easy distance now, here in the boondocks.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Had a flat on the way to fill out paperwork at the CU.
oh dang, that stinks!

Jack Russel, or a terrier mixed with Jack R. Energy wise theyll be equal, not yappy, & super smart. Great with kids!
I'd wondered about that. Will check it out, but I think they need a firm hand in training, but will check on that.

Oh yes......great with kids is a must!! shame on me for not thinking of that

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Terriers would fit but they are prone to all sorts of expensive allergies and other problems.
jup Frankie has skin allergies, but they use a special shampoo and conditioner for him and it's not bad. Just can't use other shampoos on him or it acts up.

I'm a little shy of getting another terrier, dunno if we can handle two terrier tude dogs. lol But a terrier mix maybe. I'd love a dandy dinmont terrier, but probably wouldn't find one within a few hundred miles of here.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Some time back, on an earlier thread, I wrote about my problems with various vermin that sometimes decide to inhabit my backyard .. amazingly, I relayed my gripes to a few neighbors, one of which has a male Jack Russell terrier .. they offered to loan me the dog when needed, and I took them up on the offer a few times this past Summer .. this bad boy will flat out rid a yard of skunks, possums, ground hogs, and they stay away for quite a while .. I don't know if that's indicative of the breed, but it certainly is a bonus .. :)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
this bad boy will flat out rid a yard of skunks, possums, ground hogs, and they stay away for quite a while .. I don't know if that's indicative of the breed, but it certainly is a bonus .
that's what most terriers were bred to do. These days of course, some are better at it than others. But that is their "job"

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
ohhhh...I miss Marie Callenders restaurants in California !!

Great food !!

Oh that is so sad about the food going down hill !!
And they had great cornbread too !

I'm with you on that...in addition to the already mentioned....best frozen strawberry daiquiris ever....made with frozen strawberries instead of a mix and ice...:(

therussellv

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2013
Winters, Texas
Calling all dog lovers. My son and dil are considering getting another dog. One reason is so Frankie will have someone to play with, and now that I'm here, they won't be left alone when they're at work. Need some suggestions for breeds to look at that would be compatible.

Frankie is part west highland white terrier, and part either chinese crested or deer chihuahua best as we can tell. He has a ton of energy, but sleeps most of the day I think cuz he's bored. But take him outside on a leash, and he nearly chokes himself trying to run and gets way over excited.

Requirements:
20 is pounds or so. Don't want one much if any bigger than Frankie, cuz the yard just isn't big enough for a large dog to run in. 2 small dogs can chase each other around out there.

Not super high energy, but enough that they will run and play with him.

Low maintenance as far as grooming, but prefer they not shed a whole lot. and of course, the fewer potential health issues the better.

Fairly easy to train. My son and I will invest time in training and be consistent, by gd and dil won't.

Not a nervous yappy dog. lol So chihuahuas are out.

I know toy poodles fit well into these categories, but wanted some other suggestions.
Get a chug
2681a988f8b72104ce0b9b1aee9cc1a8.jpg

Last stinkie 10/15/2013

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I had always thought if I lived alone and had a dog, the perfect one for me would be a Cavalier King Charles since they're very low energy. I've wondered about that, but I'd have to learn to shave it down, wouldn't want to keep it in full coat. Wonder if it might help Frankie be less stubborn and Frankie might help it be a bit more energetic, that would be priceless. Papillons have too much coat and I wouldn't wanna shave em down. But KKC may be a contender.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I'll mention the chug to my son, but I know he doesn't like chihuahuas, but he always wanted a pug til we watched a dogs 101 about them and it said their eyes can bulge out of their sockets fairly easily lol I do think that's smaller than what he wants though

I appreciate y'all chippin in with ideas.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Now explain this:
With consumer prices down over the past year, monthly Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for nearly 65 million Americans will not automatically increase in 2016.
I just go a notice that my wifes COBRA is being increased 3% From $1053 to $1108 per month. But prices are down.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Now explain this:
With consumer prices down over the past year, monthly Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits for nearly 65 million Americans will not automatically increase in 2016.
I just go a notice that my wifes COBRA is being increased 3% From $1053 to $1108 per month. But prices are down.
By increasing the health insurance cost, Cobra is filling your need to have something to gripe about. :lol:

Just got a call from Vixen Vapors. They oversold the blemished Provari 2.5s and can only ship 6 of the 8 that I ordered last night. Good! Less of them for me to get rid of! They got the first 3 in the mail today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread