Status
Not open for further replies.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Thou shalt receive a polished stainless steel. Russell knowest not the sacred finishes of the 2.5s.
Nor do I. But this is a good thing. I can use some kind of sanding/sand blasting implement and make it a satin one. Awesome!!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Nor do I. But this is a good thing. I can use some kind of sanding/sand blasting implement and make it a satin one. Awesome!!

Yep! It's like a polished satin silver. You can change it if you want to.

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I just got off the phone with Russell. He sounds exhausted. As has been posted (and was predicted) we completely slammed them last night. He has had an agonizing day. He feels very bad having to call people to tell them they won't be able to get what they ordered. More than once he remarked that they have to go by "first come, first served," but it's terrible if someone really, really wanted a color and they were out. He is seriously nice.

After things settle down, he plans to visit the ProVape forum and thank everyone personally.

On the upside, I did get a bronze mini for HB, so he will have at least one. And now that we have spoken on the phone (rather than just emails), Russell does get my jokes. I'm sure he still thinks I'm eccentric, but at least now he will joke back. He loved The Night of the Vixen.

Note: If anyone has been truly heartbroken by not getting a color they wanted (not just to complete a collection), PM me. I doubt I will ever find a $25.00 deal again, but who knows what might appear on my radar someday.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Thank you, Ms. Eccentric Princess. That's very kind of you!

Thank you, Katdarling for the analysis/logical processing :) - are you in the software development field?

But of course, dahlink. I am woman. We are software it kounts.

Yep, that would pretty much be accurate history there.

I've been Bronze approved! Yippee!

I just got the Vixen Vapor call too about overselling the silver satins. I'm bummed but heck it's cheaper than a clone so I accepted the mini chrome one instead. Boy, Russell really was apologetic. No surprise something glitched considering all the database error timeouts that happened.

I got the fated call from Russell this morning as well. He was apologetic beyond belief (as he proceeded to dash my Provi hopes, one by one). He explained how we killed the Internet and he was shocked that so many people were on to this sale. So I will be getting a FEW less than I previously thought.

So here's the bad news...... and puleeze, no one breathe a word! Poor DPL ain't gettin' any!

(ummm) :blush:

All in all, this was one of my favorite Provi adventures of all time! I'm actually thrilled to be getting some of those

OLD SKOOL, UNDERPOWERED, OLD FASHIONED, VARIABLE VOLTAGE Only, SLANT TOP, OVERRATED Babies!!!!!!!!

Chrome? If it's a 2.5 mini it's polished stainless steel, not chrome. Ralph may have called it chrome, but he be-est unenlightened.

Russell did call it chrome. I said polished. He caved. ;)

Good guy, Russell. I really enjoyed our little chat!

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I just got off the phone, and my order has shrunk pretty radically. I still ended up with a Black Mini and a Glovari though. Just my luck that my wife took my car out to run errands and my cell phone was in it most of the day. They were very apologetic.

In any case, I am thankful to finally have a mini, and my wife will still get a glowing surprise under her pillow Christmas morning!

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
just got the call from Russell ... he does feel bad about these calls.

Good thing HB got his Bronze :cool:

I am going to be short 3 ProVaris ... I missed out on Emerald, Black/Red and Bronze.

so I end up with 5 total ... all is well in Provi Town :2cool:

A Night at the Vixen ... will still go down as the all-time Epic ProVarinati Provi Romp :party:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thank you, Ms. Eccentric Princess. That's very kind of you!

But of course, dahlink. I am woman. We are software it kounts.

I've been Bronze approved! Yippee!

I got the fated call from Russell this morning as well. He was apologetic beyond belief (as he proceeded to dash my Provi hopes, one by one). He explained how we killed the Internet and he was shocked that so many people were on to this sale. So I will be getting a FEW less than I previously thought.

So here's the bad news...... and puleeze, no one breathe a word! Poor DPL ain't gettin' any!

(ummm) :blush:

All in all, this was one of my favorite Provi adventures of all time! I'm actually thrilled to be getting some of those

OLD SKOOL, UNDERPOWERED, OLD FASHIONED, VARIABLE VOLTAGE Only, SLANT TOP, OVERRATED Babies!!!!!!!!

Russell did call it chrome. I said polished. He caved. ;)

Good guy, Russell. I really enjoyed our little chat!

I'm sorry, but we step back a few steps here -

Say... WHAT???

o_O:shock::ohmy::censored::danger:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
The Night of the Vixen will be spoken about for years to come.

Sent via iPhone

That was one of the most fun nights I've ever had here.

And I slept through most of it.

I can't wait to get my black Provi's (KAT!!!!!) :mad:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Hahahahhahahahahahaha!

Mind if I use a sharpie on one of 'em for you? Can't you just PRETEND it's black?

You're so fussy, Longolino. ;)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, DAYUM. You're serious - aren't you?

Oh well. Provi's I can get. THAT much fun, as was had last night (sans chickens, of course), simply cannot be replaced.

Seriously - not even ONE??????? :glare:

;)

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
Congrats to all you's Night of the Vixen winners (and losers). I missed out on the fun, but I didn't really need or want any 2.5's. Still I'm so happy for all who got some of what they wanted!

I'm sitting here happily vaping on my 3rd Kabuki! I just love these things. And my AW 3000 mAh 18650 batteries arrived and are in the Xtar charging right now!

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, DAYUM. You're serious - aren't you?

Oh well. Provi's I can get. THAT much fun, as was had last night (sans chickens, of course), simply cannot be replaced.

Seriously - not even ONE??????? :glare:

;)

Ooooooooh K. You talked me into it. You can have the pink one. I know you like pink, right?

<note to self: buy a pink sharpie>

JJOOHHNN

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
USA
Agreed --- Missed one re-sale opportunity and have been stalking ever since for another!

I dare suggest trying a Nauti or nauti mini with BVC coils. That was the "clearo" that enabled me to switch from being mostly a carto tank vaper -- to a blister pack vaper. After you groove in on that, then a Kabuki would be in order. :) Amazingly, many builders are coming back to the nauti with the Kabuki, or at least enjoying the convenience for part time.

If your unicorn is the "pro-vi cigalike" ---- give it a couple of years. Try some of that gum -- or similar --- helps on long plane flights!

-------------------
I think the Vixon LED's will either be random colors --luck of the draw, or all red. I'm hoping for blue or green as I have plenty of red. :)

And, Thanks TO. The Promotion worked --- Vixon will be getting some new liquid tasting customers, I'm sure.

I am a little different than some in here. I am trying to avoid becoming a collector or making it a hobby, I can see that it is easy to slip into the mode. I am actually trying to accumulate as little as possible without hurting convenience.

I am more of a quality reliability guy rather than latest and greatest but sometimes latest and greatest does fit life better.

I went to Sophia route because it does seem good enough to still have a lot of fans and takes me away from being cartomiser dependent without losing the ability to fall back on cartomisers to save time. The reason three Provari is really my limit is that many of them can keep me vaping uninterupted for a long time while working or doing what I like to.

The only reason I didn't go Kabuki is that I would again be dependent on buying coils (at least I think I would be), and I would be putting tanks in storage. I want to keep the number if items I have but don't use at a minimum.

My goal is to have three large units for more than 95% of my vaping and enough tiny hands free units to fill a shirt pocket. I will be latest and greatesting until something is good enough to make me happy than I will stick with it for a few years at least.

The Sophia V2 from reading comments about it seemed logical to me, I don't put tanks in storage. I can still have the ease of cartomizers or can rebuild using the same tanks. If the FDA makes supplies hard to get I am still functional. If I just want to plug and play there are still cartomizers.

I am in this to not smoke analogs, I don't want to change what I am using every few months, and I don't want to become a hoarder. I look like a hoarder when I was doing my search for the unicorn. I am really hoping the micro duo will be close enough to my unicorn that I can get by with it for several years until the technology progresses enough to get what I really want.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Ooooooooh K. You talked me into it. You can have the pink one. I know you like pink, right?

<note to self: buy a pink sharpie>

There's always J-Wraps. Nothing says love like vinyl.

S473-2T.jpg

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I am a little different than some in here. I am trying to avoid becoming a collector or making it a hobby, I can see that it is easy to slip into the mode. I am actually trying to accumulate as little as possible without hurting convenience.

I am more of a quality reliability guy rather than latest and greatest but sometimes latest and greatest does fit life better.

I went to Sophia route because it does seem good enough to still have a lot of fans and takes me away from being cartomiser dependent without losing the ability to fall back on cartomisers to save time. The reason three Provari is really my limit is that many of them can keep me vaping uninterupted for a long time while working or doing what I like to.

The only reason I didn't go Kabuki is that I would again be dependent on buying coils (at least I think I would be), and I would be putting tanks in storage. I want to keep the number if items I have but don't use at a minimum.

My goal is to have three large units for more than 95% of my vaping and enough tiny hands free units to fill a shirt pocket. I will be latest and greatesting until something is good enough to make me happy than I will stick with it for a few years at least.

The Sophia V2 from reading comments about it seemed logical to me, I don't put tanks in storage. I can still have the ease of cartomizers or can rebuild using the same tanks. If the FDA makes supplies hard to get I am still functional. If I just want to plug and play there are still cartomizers.

I am in this to not smoke analogs, I don't want to change what I am using every few months, and I don't want to become a hoarder. I look like a hoarder when I was doing my search for the unicorn. I am really hoping the micro duo will be close enough to my unicorn that I can get by with it for several years until the technology progresses enough to get what I really want.

Are you sure you aren't greedy? Most men would be happy with one large unit...

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
For me Sir Rod, it's the ProVari 2.5 and a Kayfun ... the reason I don't even look for something that is better?

The number one thing to unseat the Kayfun for me ... it has to be something that will last forever ... and never cost money to fire it.

Number one for me ... is being able to enjoy exactly how I vape forever, even if everything was banned tomorrow.

Sent via iPhone

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Congrats to all you's Night of the Vixen winners (and losers). I missed out on the fun, but I didn't really need or want any 2.5's. Still I'm so happy for all who got some of what they wanted!

I'm sitting here happily vaping on my 3rd Kabuki! I just love these things. And my AW 3000 mAh 18650 batteries arrived and are in the Xtar charging right now!

Elitist....o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread