RDA Kennedy 24mm RDA thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
Ok, so I purchased the O-rings on Kennedy website and tried them on (nothing wrong with my original one).
I believe the ONLY O-ring option they have on their website is designed for 22mm and original K-comp.
Because on 24mm, top cap just falls straight off when held upside down. (no water/juice lubricating).

Lol, I guess they are denying ALL K24 owners new set of O-rings.
I am very disappointed.

Edit: I mean I guess I can email Adam for one rofl.

I just placed an order for spare set of K24 o-rings from their website. Maybe they took heed, lol

Reactions: Tom Forde

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Not sure. I want to wait until the Demon Cap 24 is released so I can better match up rda/mod material and color options.
I don't think a demon cap is at all necessary for a K24 lol. It's just a fog machine on its own. I'm going to grab myself a black cap whenever they come back in stock, maybe a black rhodium if I can find one for cheap enough.

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Interesting that o rings where brought up, got an extra set along with some screws as well when my Kennedy showed up yesterday.

Thats good to hear, since I just ordered another K24 atty.
I ordered the K24 O-rings but oh well. I will take the extra that comes with the atty.

sig-cmt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2015
HoustΩn, TX
I don't think a demon cap is at all necessary for a K24 lol. It's just a fog machine on its own.
I'm not looking for increased vapor production. I am looking to provide additional cooling to the coils for lower gauge wire + gunky NETs. Instead of rewicking every four vaping sessions, I want to be able to rewick every five.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I'm not looking for increased vapor production. I am looking to provide additional cooling to the coils for lower gauge wire + gunky NETs. Instead of rewicking every four vaping sessions, I want to be able to rewick every five.
Ive thrown some pretty hot builds in mine & its most definitely cooler than a 22mm atty. If I threw those builds in my Twisted Messes per say they'd be really hot, but in my K24 they're medium. It could just be the direct bottom AFC though.

Edit: I just picked up a cloud cap for my Petri & with my Kennedy 24 being fixed, it's honestly my only atty that comes close to the K24 now in my arsenal. I have a Petri v1, not 1.5 but it's still legit AF. The cloud cap gives me the 4x 3mm airholes like on the K24, but obviously not on the bottom. The Petri's got such a deep juice well too, so it's made me just a little less depressed than I've been ever since my Kennedy went down. I ordered a Reuleaux DNA 200 yesterday for $135 shipped including batteries so maybe after the holidays I'll either pick up another K24 or maybe a Petri v1.5 or maybe if I feel like going all out, a Ruby mod.
image.jpeg
Before I got my K24, my Petri was my favorite atty because of the ease of use, juice well, etc, but honestly the K24 just blows everything out of the water by a mile IMO. If dotmod made a Petri 24 with a bit more distance between posts, and a slammed style cap with a deeper well, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I've even emailed dotmod about making it a few times haha

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan011z

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Ive thrown some pretty hot builds in mine & its most definitely cooler than a 22mm atty. If I threw those builds in my Twisted Messes per say they'd be really hot, but in my K24 they're medium. It could just be the direct bottom AFC though.

Edit: I just picked up a cloud cap for my Petri & with my Kennedy 24 being fixed, it's honestly my only atty that comes close to the K24 now in my arsenal. I have a Petri v1, not 1.5 but it's still legit AF. The cloud cap gives me the 4x 3mm airholes like on the K24, but obviously not on the bottom. The Petri's got such a deep juice well too, so it's made me just a little less depressed than I've been ever since my Kennedy went down. I ordered a Reuleaux DNA 200 yesterday for $135 shipped including batteries so maybe after the holidays I'll either pick up another K24 or maybe a Petri v1.5 or maybe if I feel like going all out, a Ruby mod. View attachment 510179 Before I got my K24, my Petri was my favorite atty because of the ease of use, juice well, etc, but honestly the K24 just blows everything out of the water by a mile IMO. If dotmod made a Petri 24 with a bit more distance between posts, and a slammed style cap with a deeper well, I'd buy it in a heart beat. I've even emailed dotmod about making it a few times haha

Cant go wrong with a petri.
Flavor bomb!

Reactions: Tom Forde

Donnie Alexander

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2015
It also HOLDS so much effin juice though!

Edit: while on the topic of limitless mods, I just wanted to bring this up: View attachment 506726 View attachment 506727 Platinum Plated Limitless Mod - Vapor Hub
Platinum plated copper. The Gold plated Limitless is gold plating on brass.
At $194, it's pretty much screaming "BUY ME!!!"....so conflicting because my next mod is either gonna be the Reuleaux DNA200 or the CloudMaker Whiteout DNA200 with 2 LiPo packs and a dual 18650 battery sled. And I still can't make up my mind between THOSE two!

Ahhh this is killing me, between the Reuleaux and the Whiteout (I'd be preordering for batch 2 on either mods, I want to wait until the first batches get into people's hands first), what do ya'll think?

I got a nice deal on the platinum limitless, couldn't resist. Waiting for it to be delivered

Dan011z

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2015
Claremont, California
Thank you, I am still rather new to building and mostly on four post and not three. Put my second build on the Kennedy last night and it went pretty good but hope to get better. Trying to find the best and most easy way to get a center build in this rda, do love this thing.

Try building with one strand of coil opposed to two pieces. You can wrap one and insert the long part into middle and wrap the other through the other side. It will take practice but its more efficient that way.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Just saying i just got a dige V2 i chise that over the Kennedy i tried both instore and the Kennedy is nice as well but its like the difference between coke and pepsi you hit a point where its purely esthetic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk
-_____- to the Coke and Pepsi on a doge vs Kennedy. I've had a holy grail (doge v1 with a diff logo) & doge v2, what I don't like about them is the fact that they have barely any room for builds bc of the sidewalls and the AFC. The only doge that has any room for me is the v2s, but I'm not gonna get that. Kennedy > doge, whenever you refill it, you never have to worry about how you're lining up your AFC or anything as long as your build is nice and proper :D. It's one of the reasons I love it so much (the K24 atleast), because whenever I fill her up, I put the cap on not caring which direction it's facing because the air comes from the bottom.
But the Kennedy 22 or Kennedy 24 isn't for everybody I'll admit that. @cloud969 are you sure the Kennedy you tried was authentic?

Thank you, I am still rather new to building and mostly on four post and not three. Put my second build on the Kennedy last night and it went pretty good but hope to get better. Trying to find the best and most easy way to get a center build in this rda, do love this thing.
Centering on a 3post is a bit more difficult than a 4 post. What I do is wrap my coil, but the last wrap I do (the over wrap), I'll have it a little longer and extending straight downwards, with the wrap I started with pulled out and straight. Hard to explain with words so I'll use pictures, hold on a bit for another edit on this post.

Edit: okay so this is a coil I have built for my K24.
image.jpeg
The over wrap or the high wrap (the lead on the left in this picture), is going into the centerpost.

The low wrap, is going into the side post. While it's still on a screwdriver or drill bit, or whatever you use, take some pliers and bend it straight up, away from the coil.
Now, the high wrap lead (going into center post) should be straight down, while the lead going into the centerpost is off to the side.
image.jpeg
With the lead facing down, bend it inwards on itself with needle nose pliers. Should look like this by now:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Next, what I'll do is kind of eye it out with the posts, but bend the lead going into the centerpost first.
image.jpeg
Then eye out the lower side lead as to where the coil would be centered & bend the lower wrap
image.jpeg
and then just kinda fit it into place and you're done! The reason I go with the high wrap in the center post on a Kennedy is because I don't want the lead or coil anywhere near touching the AFC tubes. So using the lower wrap on the side, I kind of level them out over the AFC that way, basing the distance from centerpost and the height.
None of this would be necessary with the coil I used on the rod as a demonstration, I was gonna make a set of 4 of those into quads but I'm waiting for my K24 to be fixed. My end product usually comes centered as such using this method:
image.jpeg

Edit: finally Kennedy Enterprises received my K24 and are fixing it. I shipped it 2 day express but apparently 2 day express is one week delivery?

Last edited:

RiderVapor

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Thank you Tom, this does give me a better idea on how to go about putting build into my kennedy. Was screwing around with one of my other rda's that I had bought but never really gain any ground with, did a single coil build on it and had an over lap on the last wrap when centering it. This gave me an idea to try on my Kennedy when it comes time to put something new in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread