Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Oh vakaion! :( That just really takes the cake. I'm so very sorry to hear this, and now wondering what can be done about it. You must be sooooooooooooo disappointed! Please keep us posted.

(can not like your post for obvious reasons)

Received this morning from VapinArt. Recommendations on what I need to check to make sure I have a good model?
View attachment 510521

CONGRATS, F2V!!!!

I think you're safe, simply with the LE. I haven't seen a clone of that, but there is a way to check the authenticity of an Evolve DNA40 chip. It's documented somewhere in these pages, but I can't remember where. Someone here will know and present...

What do you think of it?

If I'm not mistaken, DPL, I believe you adjust the wattage all the way down, and hold that button til the message.... oh hang on, I'll just do it now. :)

Yes, hold on to the button after it reaches 1 w. I can't understand the entire message, but it includes the word "Genuine".

Sorry - I wasn't better at phrasing this - I didn't mean to imply that I was worried it was a "clown". I agree that VapinArt wouldn't sell one as an authentic. I was wondering about the 2 issues you listed. Thank you for that!
Just had it a few minutes and so far am very impressed - y'all weren't kidding about the size - this is incredibly smaller than any of my other mods (with the tank - even). Threw on my Merkava and it is performing wonderfully in TC with a Ti build - no fire issues and no sticky buttons. I am so glad that I waited for the LE - really happy with the SS buttons!

F2V! Congrats and welcome to our little donkey world! It's beautiful, and it sounds like you're having zero issues with it.

For THAT, I am thrilled for you!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Oh vakaion! :( That just really takes the cake. I'm so very sorry to hear this, and now wondering what can be done about it. You must be sooooooooooooo disappointed! Please keep us posted.

(can not like your post for obvious reasons)

Such is life Kat! I'll be dismantling it for curiosities sake, but I have other mods so it's not the end of the world.
I enjoyed my Xvo, but won't buy another as there are other options I want to try.

I will say this... as interesting as their 510 solution is, juice still managed to get inside the mod. Took the base off and there were a few drops. Leak proof it is not.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Welp my Xvo is currently a shelf decoration and nothing more... :(

Was watching TV when I started noticing an acrid smell, went to pick up the Xvo and it was verrrrrrry hot to touch.
Managed to unscrew the battery cover to stop it firing without burning myself. Battery looks fine (not that I'll use it again after that!), exterior of the Xvo is fine w/no sticky buttons or anything (which is not what I was expecting, the Xvo was firing). I'm assuming something shorted internally.

I'll pull it apart later in the week when I have time, but I'm expecting some melted wiring and/or a charred DNA board. >.<

Oh no......

:(

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Such is life Kat! I'll be dismantling it for curiosities sake, but I have other mods so it's not the end of the world.
I enjoyed my Xvo, but won't buy another as there are other options I want to try.

I will say this... as interesting as their 510 solution is, juice still managed to get inside the mod. Took the base off and there were a few drops. Leak proof it is not.

Seriously? And they bypassed the spring loaded pin for... absolutely NOTHING? Wow.

Not worth contacting them? I think you should, Vak. I would (but y'all know that much already).

So I shouldn't be counting on these to carry me through Vapocalypse? Rhetorical, I guess.

I'm SO sorry. And SO concerned for the future of ours.

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oh yes..... lol :cry:

It's okay mate. I have a dani extreme and kabuki backup for work, that combo is damn near impossible to kill. ;)

I know, but, that's WAY too much money to spend on something that blows up in a couple of months. Heck - we could've gotten cheapienese stuff for THAT.

It's not right. They need to correct if it for you.

Hermetically sealed, my fat :censored:!

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
Seriously? And they bypassed the spring loaded pin for... absolutely NOTHING? Wow.

Not worth contacting them? I think you should, Vak. I would (but y'all know that much already).

So I shouldn't be counting on these to carry me through Vapocalypse? Rhetorical, I guess.

TBH on another mod (one that's easier to access the 510 to clean) I'd still like their setup for it.
On this one though, as I rarely opened the 510 cap to clean as it was a PITA, I'm assuming juice buildup over time managed to overcome their design and seeped through.
Probably didn't help I had a genny on it either, it does tend to weep juice/condensation in a small amount.

To be frank DP... I can't be arsed bothering! lol

Just make sure y'all check under that 510 cap regularly for juice... and don't cross-thread screwing it back on. :p

Reactions: DPLongo22

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
TBH on another mod (one that's easier to access the 510 to clean) I'd still like their setup for it.
On this one though, as I rarely opened the 510 cap to clean as it was a PITA, I'm assuming juice buildup over time managed to overcome their design and seeped through.
Probably didn't help I had a genny on it either, it does tend to weep juice/condensation in a small amount.

To be frank DP... I can't be arsed bothering! lol

Just make sure y'all check under that 510 cap regularly for juice... and don't cross-thread screwing it back on. :p

Stocking up on more Provi's, as I type...

Thank GAWD for my ever-firing, never-failing, and always-AWESOME little friends from your neck of the woods, my beloved EPM's. They give me comfort - always.

And they're STILL the best vape I've ever had.

Reactions: Katdarling

vakaion

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
Australia
I know, but, that's WAY too much money to spend on something that blows up in a couple of months. Heck - we could've gotten cheapienese stuff for THAT.

It's not right. They need to correct if it for you.

Hermetically sealed, my fat :censored:!

Yeah, although I've had it apart before to clean, so by rights they could claim the warranty null and void anyway.
I'm just not interested in going through with the headache. I've enough on my plate lately with my health, without dealing with customer service and returns and whatnot to the other side of the planet for a dead mod. I don't want the aggravation lol. :confused:

I only posted here to give other Xvo users a heads-up to a potential risk. :p

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
OH geeze. Check under the 510 cap "regularly"?? Oh I somehow don't see either DPL or me doing this, tho we should.

Yikes. I'm feeling really REALLY sad about all this. This mod, with all it's glorious design, has been a problem child from day one.

I guess it truly IS a case of "fun while it lasted", sweetie.

I'm also inclined to say contact them, but that's me.

Damm. I feel exactly the same!

And, fortunately, like you, I'm even more grateful for my Provis and my EPMS!!!!!!!!!

Ok, one last thought...... I picked up my Xvo and it wouldn't vape just now!!!!!! WHAT??

then........ once again, user error struck. I had turned down the wattage to get us that "Genuine" message....

AND FORGOT TO TURN IT BACK UP!!!!!

D'oH!

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Yeah, although I've had it apart before to clean, so by rights they could claim the warranty null and void anyway.
I'm just not interested in going through with the headache. I've enough on my plate lately with my health, without dealing with customer service and returns and whatnot to the other side of the planet for a dead mod. I don't want the aggravation lol. :confused:

I only posted here to give other Xvo users a heads-up to a potential risk. :p

And we APPRECIATE that greatly, vaka. Still and all, I'm VERY sorry to hear this. :(

Reactions: DPLongo22

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I remove my tanks from my devices every night - but now I'm thinking that I will also try to make sure I use a "vapor" towel to try and clean any juice condensation - perhaps as a proactive measure? Do you think it may help? Or should I try to remove the plate and clean under it? I don't believe I will be as understanding if this fails in a couple of months. Perhaps I should also remove the battery?

Katdarling

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
There was a time, long, long ago, that I put every single device to bed for the nite. Removed toppers, turned off, removed or turned off batts. Yes, one by one, methodically, I'd safe them up for the nite.

I stopped doing that, and in fact, in a discussion with DPL just tonite, I realized that during the nite is not the only time something may fail or go haywire. We could walk out of the room, and .......

Still, I will most likely continue to hope that all is good and safe and sound.

Tho I may just be removing the battery caps from the Chelstix at nite... at least tonite I will.

drippaboi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2014
SF Bay Area
I cleaned under my plate for the first time about a week ago. I just used some q-tips. It was evident that some juice had spilled under there but it was only a small bit in one area ... most of the divots were clean as was all of the threading and the 510 well.

I don't put a tank on the Xvostick unless I'm confident it's not going to leak ... and it seems to be working so far. I suspect the juice was from one of the various times when I tightened a tank down just a hair too much causing the tank to unthread from the base while still inside the mod (sometimes I don't catch this right away if I'm distracted).

drugarth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2015
Netherlands, groningen
Really sorry to hear about that vakaion....that's not acceptable for a + $200 mod, I can related to all the hassle it would take to get it replaced....but I think I would still give it a go. It's just an mail to them, include a pic of the fried stuff inside and see how they react. If they are being complicated about it you can always decide to stop the process, but perhaps they are good about it and it will be hassle free.

I'm afraid to say I have never even looked under the 510 plate, I just clean the spilled drops/condensation on top of the 510 plate after each tank refill, but that's it.....but your experience has me wondering if I should.....so thanks for the heads up!

Glad I got my stash of Dicodes for long term vaping goodiness....at least they seem to be reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread