Strange Reaction to Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmoore2027

Dec 1, 2015
I quit smoking ciggs (Analogs) on Oct 18th this year, on Nov 12th I purchased the Cool Fire 4 with an upgraded isub Apex tank, picked out a few flavors and started vaping away. About a week later I started getting an increased urge to urinate more frequently along with a slight burn or more of a tingle, also had slight chills with a light fever and the occasional mild headache. At first I thought it was dehydration due to the VG so I started drinking alot more water, after a few days of this the symptoms did not improve but didn't get any worse either so I quit vaping for a full day then started back, the next day I felt better, no problems but the day after that the symptoms returned again. I really hope this is just some temporary side effect that will soon pass cause I really don't want to give up my vaping.

Has anyone else had ANYTHING like this happen before?

Thanks in advance

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
GO to the Dr and have a check up. Might or might not related.

Maybe you jumped up to a setup that really amped up the way the nicotine is being absorbed, most likely the level of nic needs to be cut?

Maybe its an ingredient in a liquid? Ratio of PG/VG.

Maybe its from what ever you are drinking?

So many possibilities.

Most likely its just an coincidence that you have a urinary problem from something completely unrelated.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Mild headache may be a sign that you nic is too high. When using subΩ coils most people cut their nic level approximately 50%.

All your other symptoms sound like a UTI.
  • A burning feeling when you urinate
  • A frequent or intense urge to urinate, even though little comes out when you do
  • Pain or pressure in your back or lower abdomen
  • Cloudy, dark, bloody, or strange-smelling urine
  • Feeling tired or shaky
  • Fever or chills (a sign the infection may have reached your kidneys)

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Hello @Kmoore2027 werlcome to the forum. I don't have the medical expertise to answer, and the responsible thing is to recommend a doctors visit. However... you should read this link :

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Also, headaches could be from nicotine sickness :

Search Results for Query: nicotine sick | E-Cigarette Forum[node]=39 Most people cut their nicotine level down drastically (in half or more) when moving into sub ohm vape. The better the delivery device (sub ohm) the more juice consumed and therefore the more nicotine ingested.

I can't say if any of your symptoms are from vape or totally unrelated. There is a search box in the upper right of every page and just about any vaping (including health) term or keyword will work there.

Good luck in your journey.

Reactions: anavidfan

Kmoore2027

Dec 1, 2015
Yeah I checked on the UTI and even got one of the home test from the local pharmacy, it came out negative but those are not totally reliable.

As for the juice I use, its usually a 60/40 (VG/PG) blend and so far it been all natural fruit flavorings (Checked with the vape shop) and the nicotine levels are the lowest they had next to nothing. (3mg)

Its the fact that when I stop vaping the symptoms seem to go away that has me concerned.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Yeah I checked on the UTI and even got one of the home test from the local pharmacy, it came out negative but those are not totally reliable.

As for the juice I use, its usually a 60/40 (VG/PG) blend and so far it been all natural fruit flavorings (Checked with the vape shop) and the nicotine levels are the lowest they had next to nothing. (3mg)

Its the fact that when I stop vaping the symptoms seem to go away that has me concerned.

Like everyone suggests, go to the doctor. The "getting better" could be due to your stepping up the water. Again, Im not a doctor but am very acquainted with UTI's.

A few years ago I got them so much that I was almost used to it. Had tests, did the meds, it would clear up. Its was bad, I was bleeding and pain was horrific. ( that episode of Seinfeld comes to mind where Kramer had the kidney stones )

I was at a very very very stressful time in my life, new job, problems at job, more problems at job, my life was so stressed, I lived like I was in terror daily and nightly, bad nightmares.

I left that job and the UTI went away. I still get that "feeling" when Im stressed or worried, but it goes away. Ive only had to go to the doctor once since and a treatment with antibiotics and it went away. I had a cystoscopy and urologist says it might be a re-occurring thing as its damaged me, not badly but Id be prone to any stresses, such as certain exercise, hot and spicy foods, not enough water, too much water....

See a doctor or a simple thing can become permanent.

Kmoore2027

Dec 1, 2015
I'm continuing to drink alot of water (About half my body weight per day) and also some cranberry juice, I'm gonna try going a couple of days with no vaping and see if it stops again, if not I will definitely go see the doctor, the only reason I haven't yet is like I said the symptoms are relatively mild and seem to come and go.

I was just curious if anyone else had experienced anything like this.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I'm continuing to drink alot of water (About half my body weight per day) and also some cranberry juice, I'm gonna try going a couple of days with no vaping and see if it stops again, if not I will definitely go see the doctor, the only reason I haven't yet is like I said the symptoms are relatively mild and seem to come and go.

I was just curious if anyone else had experienced anything like this.

Thats what I kept saying for myself for a long , long time. Dont drink too much water, no really, its worse than not enough.... People have died from too much water. GOogle it.

Wheats

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
Union NJ
Not a doctor here. Sounds like a prostate infection. Can very well be non-bacterial and caused by stress, alcohol, spicy food and caffeine. It can appear to come and go, as you think/obsess about it. A urologist visit is in store for you. Hey! Enjoy the vape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: anavidfan

Kmoore2027

Dec 1, 2015
Thanks for the replies everyone and yeah I knew about the too much water thing so I've been careful with that, it was mainly just the first few days that I was drinking as much as I stated before.

The thing is, when I vape I get what I can only describe as a kind of buzz and this is just after a few hits so I don't think its the nicotine and like I said, my juice has a fairly low lvl. That is another of the reasons I think this is related, I get sort of light headed which is similar to how I feel when I get those cold chills.

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Like the many people above, I think you need to go to a doctor. You can start with your primary doctor and have her/him check for a urinary track infection; that would seem to be the culprit not the vaping. You shouldn't fool around with it especially with any type of fever. Best of luck, Ginger

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I quit smoking ciggs (Analogs) on Oct 18th this year, on Nov 12th I purchased the Cool Fire 4 with an upgraded isub Apex tank, picked out a few flavors and started vaping away. About a week later I started getting an increased urge to urinate more frequently along with a slight burn or more of a tingle, also had slight chills with a light fever and the occasional mild headache. At first I thought it was dehydration due to the VG so I started drinking alot more water, after a few days of this the symptoms did not improve but didn't get any worse either so I quit vaping for a full day then started back, the next day I felt better, no problems but the day after that the symptoms returned again. I really hope this is just some temporary side effect that will soon pass cause I really don't want to give up my vaping.

Has anyone else had ANYTHING like this happen before?

Thanks in advance

I agree with everyone, get checked out to rule anything else out. UTIs can cause all of the above. Good luck and keep us posted...:)

Kmoore2027

Dec 1, 2015
Not a doctor here. Sounds like a prostate infection. Can very well be non-bacterial and caused by stress, alcohol, spicy food and caffeine. It can appear to come and go, as you think/obsess about it. A urologist visit is in store for you. Hey! Enjoy the vape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well you were right, just got back from the doctor and it appears to be a prostate infection, Thank God, I don't have to give up my Blueberries and Cream...:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread