Diluting 1L of 100 mg nic

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
It's highly recommended that you freeze the majority and only keep out a small amount at a time, so read up on long term storage of nic and eliquid calculators/DIY guides...

In short, you divide the nic up in glas bottles sized suitable for about 3 month's usage(or less/more, you decide) and freeze all but one, which you work from to make your 3mg eliquid using an eliquid calculator like ejuicemeup(easy) or hotrod's Recipe Calculator(advanced)...

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
Im starting to diy.
I ordered 1L of 100mg nic in vg.
I want to cut it down to 3mg since thats what I vape.

How would the most efficient way to go about this be?

Thanks
A little at a time. That will make 32 liters of 3mg all at one time. Break it down the nic into 3x240 and freeze. 1 120 and freeze. Then take what is left and make 3mg base.

Reactions: Yiana

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
My prefered solution is to divide a 1 liter bottle into 4 250 ml bottes. Then the active bottle will be opened once a month for a about a year before it's empty. I noticed that Wizard Labs tops off their bottles with Argon gas. I'm looking into whether there is any way to get a consumer friendly aerosol can of that for topping off after I open a bottle. My hunch is Argon is used for this purpose because it is inert, non toxic, heavier than aiir and the molecules are so large they won't absorb into the liquid or leak out. Argon is used as a welding gas but that source isn't necessarily the right one. Has anyone else looked into this?

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I calculate how much I use of 100mg nic for 3-6 months, and then decide upon that form-factor for the entire stash. It may fill some more, but it's very nice to always just be able to pick up a rightly sized bottle for the job, without needing to redistribute and refreeze again. So in my case it's 100ml amber glass bottles, and which are aprox. 11cm high and 5cm in diameter, so then I go hunt for correctly sized plastic freezing containers for food and leftovers, and with a sealable lid, so that when the lid is on, then it practically rests upon the top of the caps of the bottles, and it would be best if room for a layer of bubble-wrap or maybe just some folded up toiletpaper in the bottom and top of the box + between the bottles. In each of these small freezing-boxes, there can be about 1.5L i.e 15 x 100ml bottles, and then several boxes can be used for the complete stash, to make for a better tight fit in a freezer, as can be distributed around where room available, or of course bigger boxes can be gotten... Of course for the people which have stashes of many liters, then I fully understand that this isn't optimal though... Also each bottle would be nice to be in it's own thin sealed plastic bag also, for containing/reusing spills if broken. Not as important if in a sealed plastic box, but vital if not and e.g. just in some bubble-wrap, so the nic dosen't spill into the rest/bottom of the freezer.

@sofarsogood, cxtc has a faq section with this question and they recommend there users using glass bottles with their nic to "purchase from any grocery store's wine section a product called Cork Pops. It is a Argon 5.0 injection system that can be used to blow out air ingress caused by opening the bottle, purging the air with pure Argon."

They state argon 5.0 is the best "push gas" type for extended nicotine preservation, as it's fully not interacting to the nic in any way...

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
@sofarsogood, cxtc has a faq section with this question and they recommend there users using glass bottles with their nic to "purchase from any grocery store's wine section a product called Cork Pops. It is a Argon 5.0 injection system that can be used to blow out air ingress caused by opening the bottle, purging the air with pure Argon."

They state argon 5.0 is the best "push gas" type for extended nicotine preservation, as it's fully not interacting to the nic in any way...
Brilliant, thank you. That's the consumer product I was looking for. Besides being inert, non flamable, and heavier than air the molecules are probably so large they own't absorb into anything and they are easy to keep behind weak seals so it just sits there keeping the air out.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
No, the idea is simply to redistribute your 1L 100mg nic bottle into smaller bottles, undiluted, and freeze them. Then you only have one small bottle up and in use at a time, while the rest and waste majority of your stash is preserved nicely in the freezer, where it can hold up for many years, in contrary to having it out in room temp, which is best kept at up to 6(well, max 12 approx.) month.

Edit: Then you work from that one single bottle, meaning you make mixes of 3mg with the 100mg working bottle. Use an ejuice calculator to know how much of each component to use e.g. ejuicemeup or Hotrod's juice calculator.

Last edited:

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
For me, freezer space is at a premium. So I will take a 1L bottle of nic and break it into 3x250ml bottles. The balance of 250ml (which is around a minimum 1 year supply for me) can be split into 1x120ml, and 4x30ml bottles, or 8x30ml bottles. I keep only a 30ml working bottle at room temp. The original nic will only be warmed and then redistributed a couple of times before it ends up in a 30ml working bottle.

Dubby

Nov 19, 2015
No, the idea is simply to redistribute your 1L 100mg nic bottle into smaller bottles, undiluted, and freeze them. Then you only have one small bottle up and in use at a time, while the rest and waste majority of your stash is preserved nicely in the freezer, where it can hold up for many years, in contrary to having it out in room temp, which is best kept at up to 6(well, max 12 approx.) month.

Edit: Then you work from that one single bottle, meaning you make mixes of 3mg with the 100mg working bottle. Use an ejuice calculator to know how much of each component to use e.g. ejuicemeup or Hotrod's juice calculator.
Got it, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread