OBS Crius RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
I got black also....but at this point as long its not broke ill take it. Wonder if they will send me white also. haha
I emailed them about it but haven't heard anything back yet, still contemplating just keeping it. The insulator is still ceramic, can't see any cracks but also haven't zoomed in on it.

Received mine from wetvapes today, everything looks great other than it is white. I ordered the black one, so I'm slightly frustrated.
Same thing happened to me.. Ordered the black and got the white version.. I called wetvapes and they're shipping the black version tomorrow with a prepaid envelope to ship the white one back

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Being a weird size and given most of them that come with attys are crappy I bought a 10 pack of better ones off ebay from China.

Hex keys/allen wrenches.

This guy because I bought 0.9 ones also for some of my other attys.
10pc x 0.7 / 0.9 / 1.27 / 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3mm L Wrench Hex Metric Wrench Hexagon

Hey is the hex key that comes with the Crius OK to use on the Aromamizer? I seemed to have misplaced the key that came with the Aromamizer and it seems like it fits alright...Didnt notice any stripping or anything after using it a few days ago so assumed it was the same size being they both use the same velocity style type deck that I assume comes with the same grub nuts.

As far as this tank goes it is disappointing its not easier to use straight from the box but I like the glass drip tip at least LOL using that on my Aromamizer right now on top of a piece of delrin making it really smooth cool vape.

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
I received a black one from eFun today and it seems fine in all aspects but, after reading all the QC issues i'm surprised! I broke out the magnifying glass and had a look at the deck just now and I couldn't see any cracks in the insulator. but, it has a build in it so to be 100% sure i'll have to check it out more closely next rewick, ohms are stable though so that's a good sign maybe...

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
@EDO where did you get yours? Also did you get the SS or black?

Mine is black V3 and I got it from Ebay. I think I got lucky. It looked so clean that I didn't bother taking it apart and cleaning it. I didn't realize the insulator was ceramic. I am not even going to dare to take it apart now. Why meddle with it when its working perfectly? I ordered a black deck from Wetvapes early this morning.... I hope I get lucky again. I definitely agree with ashtrayogdc they shouldn't have used ceramic as the insulator. That is definitely something they could do to improve the atty.

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Same thing happened to me.. Ordered the black and got the white version.. I called wetvapes and they're shipping the black version tomorrow with a prepaid envelope to ship the white one back
Nice to see that they actually go ahead and ship the correct one out. Upon further inspection I zoomed in on the insulator and it does have a small crack.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    591.8 KB · Views: 178

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Obs needs to redesign again and get rid of the ceramic. If they do this and offer folks replacements, they will lose some money at first. But with how well it works and the rave reviews we give it when it's right they will sell enough to more than make up for the initial loss. If they receive the ceramic back and replace the insulator those could be resold, I would think. They need to nip it in the bud now before it nips them, I'm sure sales are slowing now.
It has the potential to be the one of the best if they listen, again.

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
jefx....You should call Wet Vapes. Their number is upper right corner of their home page.

My white v3 has been working good so I ordered a V-deck for the one tore apart yesterday. They only had black decks on their site. They will prob send you a whole new tank.

I emailed them with pics and a description. They are going to send me a new one, although they did not specify if it was just the deck or a whole tank..... I only need the deck. i offered to send my bad one back, but they said it wasn't necessary.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I emailed them with pics and a description. They are going to send me a new one, although they did not specify if it was just the deck or a whole tank..... I only need the deck. i offered to send my bad one back, but they said it wasn't necessary.
WetVapes or obs did this?

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City

They are a real good group, did the same thing for me.

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
I have to give wetvapes major props, but supporting their customers like this can't be too good for their bottom line. Their customer service is a reason I placed another order with them this morning.

It's a valid point.
It seems as if Wet Vapes is one of the few suppliers for this tank, and considering it's popularity, they have probably bought several hundred, if not thousands of them from OBS. I would think that Wetvapes and OBS are working on a financial compromise.

While part of me feels bad for Wetvapes, I also think that they know how to deal with a manufacturer.

Afcarmona

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2014
Las Vegas NV USA
I just came back from TruVape @ Las Vegas - I was so close to buying this RTA... those velocity style posts tho...
and the cracked ceramic insulaters tho... lol
many thanks to my ECF fam out there... will wait for a better new improved version...
i did walk out with a still chuck fat tire drip tip tho...

best regards!

tonyc

mtbason35

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2014
North Carolina
Wetvapes responded to my email about sending the wrong color, they are sending my black one out first thing in the morning with priority shipping and a prepaid envelope to ship the white one back. Awesome customer service, wouldn't have complained if they told me to keep the white one lol, keeping fingers crossed for the insulator.

jefx

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
Since I'm apparently getting a new one, I'm thinking about experimenting with this one. I'm gonna sift through some tanks that I don't use anymore and see If I can possibly use an insulator from one of them in the Crius.

I was able to pull the positive block straight out of the deck with some pliers, and push the 510 post out with a screwdriver.

I don't have any insulators that are a direct fit (surprise, surprise) However, I can make one fit with some grinding.

But then it hit me.... How about JB Weld? It's non-toxic, non-conductive, and temp safe up to 600 degrees F (higher than PEEK). I can smear a bit into the insulator channel and make my own custom fit insulator that isn't ceramic lol.

Does anyone have any thought on why this would not be a good idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread