Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
IF I am reading that right, it's Pure nic, not 100mg/ml nic. The certificate is about a year and a half old. And if, again IF, I'm correct (may well not be) we aren't allowed to talk about anything stronger than 20mg/ml nic on ECF. It's also described as a "brownish viscous liquid." Not sure I'd use it even if it were free, but that's just me.
Pretty sure it's 100 mg/ml, not 1000 mg/ml. I'd use it, but with 7 liters of 100 mg/ml nic in the freezer, don't need it.

On the Provari 2.5s that I bought: I got my first order, for 3 of them, placed by 12:03 am Central Time. I was afraid they would go out of stock so wanted to get the order in ASAP. At first, my shopping cart wouldn't load: heavy web traffic to blame for that, I imagine.

Then I went back and placed an order for 5 more. Shipping cost me $9 for the first order of 3, then another $12 for the second order of 5. Still, a pretty good deal, I think, with my net cost being just under $28 ($27.625) each.

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
IF I am reading that right, it's Pure nic, not 100mg/ml nic. The certificate is about a year and a half old. And if, again IF, I'm correct (may well not be) we aren't allowed to talk about anything stronger than 20mg/ml nic on ECF. It's also described as a "brownish viscous liquid." Not sure I'd use it even if it were free, but that's just me.
I believe that anything up to 200 mg/ml is OK to talk about. Please spank me if I'm wrong, Classy.

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Pretty sure it's 100 mg/ml, not 1000 mg/ml. I'd use it, but with 7 liters of 100 mg/ml nic in the freezer, don't need it.

On the Provari 2.5s that I bought: I got my first order, for 3 of them, placed by 12:03 am Central Time. I was afraid they would go out of stock so wanted to get the order in ASAP. At first, my shopping cart wouldn't load: heavy web traffic to blame for that, I imagine.

Then I went back and placed an order for 5 more. Shipping cost me $9 for the first order of 3, then another $12 for the second order of 5. Still, a pretty good deal, I think, with my net cost being just under $28 ($27.625) each.
Damn you are ready for the Zombie Apocolypse.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I will be, too. I have a nine o'clock appt in morning. More important.
Hope it went well! :)
Hi all..I havn't been very active lately..REOs tend to make me a lazy vapor so I've been pursuing other hobbies (photography and streaming media)
Anyway, I've been thinking about getting into temp control. I've been researching obsessively lol. IDK...I'm happy with my REOs but I'm interested. I'm wondering maybe i should sit back and watch a while longer..I don't want to invest a bunch of money in a DNA 200 only to have it be obsolete in a couple months.

I've been eyeing the lavabox but I had such a bad experience with the lavatube when it first came out. Cost wise I figure it wouldn't be too bad. I've got several kayfun lites I can use. The device comes with batteries inside so all I would need is the device and some wire. I've got a few years of coil building under my belt. I mastered genesis atomizers so I figure I can master this. In some ways I'm ready to master something else but then I think..I'm happy with the gear I have, do I really want to go through the expense and learning curve again...sigh
Donnah, welcome to or back to the porch! :D
LOL! I forgot to click the over 18 box & it sent me to a Disney website! That is just too funny!
Did that once on a vape site and it took me to, I think, the cartoon channel or some such.
I also took the short walk to full-out crazy and ordered a small arsenal of the sale Provari 2.5 blemishes and floor models from Vixen Vapors. I have no plan to use any of them myself but was tempted beyond my ability to resist by the price. I couldn't use one even if I wanted to unless I bought the required batteries or the extension caps.

I should have bought the Provari 2.5 Mini PVs, but didn't. The Mini models are all out of stock now. The minis use 18350 button tops and I do have 4 of those batteries, but I don't have any 18490 or 18500 batteries for the "regular" Provari 2.5 models, and I purchased friggin' 8 of them.
You're the schmuck that stole them out of my cart?! :grr: I was going to give them away. We can't afford it but considering the circumstances, at least I tried. They kept putting me through hoops during the checkout process and once I hit buy they weren't available. I saved a lot of money on that sale. :lol:
  • either PG or VG based
  • 100 mg/mL concentration
  • USP/EP pharmaceutical grade
it says it's 100mg/ml and I think that's as high as we're allowed to talk about, but I could be wrong.
Thanks, stand corrected. Wasn't seeing the ML in there. Robin deleted something a day or two ago for it being 250mg/ml and said the highest we can talk about is 200mg/ml.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Yeah I like TC but I am an SX guy. bigbells has a Reauleux coming the DNA200 version. I was going to get one but decided against it because I have heard of a lot of problems with them for some. It may be user initiated but for me the SXmini M class works great. My oldest one is getting close to 1 year old and with the latest firmware upgrade it gives you good settings for Ni and Ti plus it has a manual TCR setting letting you use any TC wire you want and it has a compensate temperature setting that you set for the ambient temp so the temp offsets. No special software. The new ML also has a setting for SS and they are coming out with software in Dec to be able to set 6 presets. You just missed out and so did I because I bought 2 extras at $179 but on Friday a couple places had them for $99 to clear the stock of M's to make room for the ML's. I could've saved $160. Here is a place that still has them for $99 can't vouch for the vendor never heard of them but I guess they have 9 B&M's in MD SXmini M Class (TEMP CONTROL) if you want to look. The place that I knew sold out of them naturally it's a $100 savings. Here is a video to watch I think about 19min in he talks about the problems with the DNA200 board

Thanks for the advice guys! I checked out vape dojo and they still have the $99 sx mini in stock but they don't give any info on a warranty. I'm leary of buying (and spending that much money) from someone I know nothing about. Now that doesn't mean I won't get a wild hair and order it when I finish typing this. :oops:

bigbells

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
60 mi east of Raleigh NC
soledoubtshow.com
Will you still be smiling if it's Retired that spanks you?
Myeh, prolly not.

Vape-related content: seller still hasn't received his second shipment of Wismec Reuleaux vaporizers. If I don't have a shipping notice before Dec 9, I'll file a Paypal claim for non-receipt. Not that I think the seller lacks integrity, but after 30 days I lose the ability to file such a claim, and I ordered on Nov 9.

Also: my 0.28 ohm stainless steel coil is still working quite well in TC mode, 3 days in, on my Cloupor GT twin-18650 TC mod.

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Question. I recoiled all eight bases (two spares) at the beginning of the month. Only changed out one. Should I do rewicking on a monthly basis? Each Orchid has gone through approximately 55 ml of juice. My tobacco is the only one that is a wick and coil crudder. Or should I just rewick and recoil as as needed when I have to switch out bases? I have other things to do, but it goes fast when I do them all at once. Now that I have consistent operation going-----

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Question. I recoiled all eight bases (two spares) at the beginning of the month. Only changed out one. Should I do rewicking on a monthly basis? Each Orchid has gone through approximately 55 ml of juice. My tobacco is the only one that is a wick and coil crudder. Or should I just rewick and recoil as as needed when I have to switch out bases? I have other things to do, but it goes fast when I do them all at once. Now that I have consistent operation going-----
Rewick when it starts tasting bad or losing flavor. Recoil when rewicking doesn't fix the problem. I rewick about every 5-6 tanks. Recoil at least every 6-8 weeks or when flavor is gone, even with rewicking.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Please spank me if I'm wrong, Classy.

Cindy,

No, NO, DON'T DO IT!!! Ya'll never get him off your doorstep... and besides, it's already crowded here...

negative-nancy-11459477.jpg

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
Rewick when it starts tasting bad or losing flavor. Recoil when rewicking doesn't fix the problem. I rewick about every 5-6 tanks. Recoil at least every 6-8 weeks or when flavor is gone, even with rewicking.
Yep I rewick when taste or vapor goes off. Recoil? Um well I got one coil in REO that has been there 6 months and is doing fine.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
I'm way lazier than you are! I dry burn when the coil looks gunky and rewicking doesn't help. I don't re-coil until I must. I have one coil that's been going strong since last May!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Finished. Only had one to recoil. Rewicked and dryburned everything, and some of them were pretty gross. Running at 1.5Ω, won't recoil any until it burns out or reaches 2.0Ω. One I had to pulse five or six times before it gave me a good glow.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
Myeh, prolly not.

Vape-related content: seller still hasn't received his second shipment of Wismec Reuleaux vaporizers. If I don't have a shipping notice before Dec 9, I'll file a Paypal claim for non-receipt. Not that I think the seller lacks integrity, but after 30 days I lose the ability to file such a claim, and I ordered on Nov 9.

Also: my 0.28 ohm stainless steel coil is still working quite well in TC mode, 3 days in, on my Cloupor GT twin-18650 TC mod.

I finally made up my mind... I went with the Reuleaux. I wanted the lavabox but kept hearing negative things about the batt life. I ordered from vapenw and used a black friday coupon to get it for $136 shipped with 3 batts! That was another thing that drew me to the lavabox, the included lipo batt. Now to figure out how to use escribe and buy TI wire.

In my REOs... the one I use 99% of the time with the same juice.. I dry burn and rewick every other day. I change out the coil every month or so.

It's going to be interesting using wire that I can't dry burn. Sweetspot says their TI wire can just be wet and wiped off and it's good as new. That would be nice but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread