Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Start low... keep pressing the up button until ya like it... stop.

Yeppers. That was the infamous one, Turtle One. Too cold? Turn it up. Too warm? Turn it down.

I am a simple (and simplistic) vaperette. Yes, I am!

aldenf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2014
NYC, NJ, USA
Wow... Just picked up a black VTC Mini Kit (includes eGo One Mega), black SubTank Mini and a year's worth of e-liquid supplies (DIY) for $90. Good vapes just keep getting more affordable. The VTC Mini Kit cost the same as my first iStick 20W. That keeps my entire vaping expenses (including e-liquid) to under $150 for 2015. Life is good smoke-free. :thumb:

Let's just hope the FDA doesn't totally ruin a good thing...

Consider joining CASAA.org. It's free.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
When I/we are ready to get some KFs (clowns), I do hope all of you will indulge me with questions. I'm not quite ready yet, but I do anticipate that will be a future purchase for the STASH BOX.

(which was created just today)

I'm with ya' there. I went back to look at that kf4 for $5 and "oy va" all the itty bitty puzzle pieces. No way could I put that together! And then it wouldn't be finished without wrapping wire and threading it and then figuring out which posts to use. Uh uh. Not until doomsday.

There is one on FT that's a unique and simple looking that I might stash. I'm waiting for reviews to come in. Until then, I ran over to 3Fvape and grabbed a bunch of nautilus coils for $7/pk.

However I did notice in my shopping that coil prices have raised. I saw nautilus coils go from $11/pk are now $15 and up. No one had isub 2 ohm coils and subtank coils were even more. The only ones on special seemed to be the sub ohms. I may have to learn how to recoil those suckers at those prices or go back to protanks and $1 coils. Not happy. I spent $75 just on coils. GRRRRR. Not fun at all. I think this will be my last year for doing that.

The subtank's look easy. I've got a couple extra rba's for those. That's the only reason I bother with them. Think there's a chance the nautilus rba will work out or that eleaf will do a rba for the GS tanks? If I had a machine shop, making rba's for those would be a great way to get some extra $.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I went back to look at that kf4 for $5 and "oy va" all the itty bitty puzzle pieces.

I know, but you never ever have to deal with all those pieces. Your K4 arrives assembled and all you need to do is just wash it, make a coil and wick it. Really. When you take it apart for washing, you're only dealing with top, bottom and middle sections. :)

Making a coil is making a coil--I use my Tobeco clone Kuro coiler, 2.5mm is my favorite size coil--works with everything. Wicking a Kayfun is quite simple--just watch a couple of videos. I'm not an expert rebuilder but I have no problems with Kayfun builds.

But, of course, it's your decision.

The Subtank is easy, but not in the same league--especially if you're an MTL vaper.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
It's the whole system. I don't want a solid steel tank so it's figuring out the glass pcs. I hear people using this base with that glass and that top usually an orchid or flogger to make this really cool atty :facepalm: and it's so much more than my brain can deal with right now. This is not another hobby. It's a means to an end, hopefully someday.

That's what I disllike about reviewers labeling things for "beginners" because they are forgetting not everyone is into this as much as they are. That's a real disservice to folks starting out or those who just want an alternate to smoking. It's gotta be brain dead easy. Not because of intelligence but the fact it's gotta fit in with real life.

I don't have a dedicated space for a bunch of fiddly bits or spools of wire. Getting everything out and putting it away again is tedious. I've carved out room for DIY and to do the best I can with that maxes me out.

But ya, I know the day is coming. I'm collecting bits and pcs, but I'm still hoping for something simpler to show up. See the Bellus?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
It's the whole system. I don't want a solid steel tank so it's figuring out the glass pcs.

I use the PC tank--the simplest configuration. No metal or glass parts. See Ruby's video. Top, bottom and the PC tube in between.

I don't have a dedicated space for a bunch of fiddly bits or spools of wire. Getting everything out and putting it away again is tedious. I've carved out room for DIY and to do the best I can with that maxes me out.

I don't DIY, so I have room for fiddly bits... I make a bunch of coils at a time and then store them in an itsy, bitsy, tiny box--always ready. :D

And I have some Nude Nic in my freezer for the end days.

See the Bellus?

Yup. Watching it closely as we speak. :sneaky:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
You think regs, if passed, won't kick in for 24 months?

Not quite, but per deeming regs, as written, there will be a 24- (or 21?) month period for new applications during which all "new" (non-grandfathered) products will be allowed to stay on the market while the FDA is reviewing their applications.

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: FDA is Out of Its Mind: Deeming Regulations Should Be Called "The Cigarette Protection Act of 2015"; Regs are an Embarrassment to Public Health and Will Decimate the Vaping Industry

"Analysis of the FDA's Regulatory Approach

It is clear from the guidance that the approach the FDA is taking is as follows:

1. All electronic cigarette products that are sold directly to consumers (including e-liquids and vaping devices) will be required to submit a pre-market tobacco application which must be approved by the FDA in order for the product to stay on the market(it can remain on the market pending review of the application)."

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Not quite, but per deeming regs, as written, there will be a 24- (or 21?) month period for new applications during which all "new" (non-grandfathered) products will be allowed to stay on the market while the FDA is reviewing their applications.

The Rest of the Story: Tobacco News Analysis and Commentary: FDA is Out of Its Mind: Deeming Regulations Should Be Called "The Cigarette Protection Act of 2015"; Regs are an Embarrassment to Public Health and Will Decimate the Vaping Industry

"Analysis of the FDA's Regulatory Approach

It is clear from the guidance that the approach the FDA is taking is as follows:

1. All electronic cigarette products that are sold directly to consumers (including e-liquids and vaping devices) will be required to submit a pre-market tobacco application which must be approved by the FDA in order for the product to stay on the market(it can remain on the market pending review of the application)."

Nicotine and flavors / eliquids may not have the 2 year review. Read the FDA questions.

That 2 yr is based on approval. If an application is denied before then, the product needs to be removed immediatley. Chances are some won't attempt an application and close up instead and others will loose interest in developing a limited market. It won't be business as usual after the regs come out unless theres a major shift or stall.

I guess the deadlline for comments was extended so everyone can get more comments in. Go to the CASAA website and submit another comment to the FDA. I don't know what the new deadline is.

I wonder if liquid nic and eliquids aren't available, then why would atty's still be developed?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread