OBS Crius RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashtrayogdc

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2013
Saskatchewan
I was able to pull the positive block straight out of the deck with some pliers, and push the 510 post out with a screwdriver.

I don't have any insulators that are a direct fit (surprise, surprise) However, I can make one fit with some grinding.

But then it hit me.... How about JB Weld? It's non-toxic, non-conductive, and temp safe up to 600 degrees F (higher than PEEK). I can smear a bit into the insulator channel and make my own custom fit insulator that isn't ceramic lol.

Does anyone have any thought on why this would not be a good idea?
I am curious about this as well, would be pretty sweet if you could. Though it's just ridiculous that you have to even consider it, it should have just been peek to begin with. I am dumbfounded as to why they didn't use it.

Reactions: arh32

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
I was able to pull the positive block straight out of the deck with some pliers, and push the 510 post out with a screwdriver.

I don't have any insulators that are a direct fit (surprise, surprise) However, I can make one fit with some grinding.

But then it hit me.... How about JB Weld? It's non-toxic, non-conductive, and temp safe up to 600 degrees F (higher than PEEK). I can smear a bit into the insulator channel and make my own custom fit insulator that isn't ceramic lol.

Does anyone have any thought on why this would not be a good idea?

jefx....I am hoping OBS comes out with a replacement peek insulator. Pulling the block and replacing the insulator isn't that hard to do.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
MMW, I just order one from them and if you ask them to inspect the deck, juice flow and AFC they will open and QC it for you.

They ship pretty quick and had great deals during Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Wet Vapes, vape Royalty and REO mods have some of the best CS in the industry right now.

Greeneagle

Verified Member
Aug 9, 2015
I have the black v3 and checked my deck and found that it is cracked too. Emailed wetvapes and see what they will do.

IMG_6634.JPG
IMG_6635.JPG

jefx

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2015
Chicago burbs
it should have just been peek to begin with. I am dumbfounded as to why they didn't use it.

My guess is cost. I googled PEEK sheets and it's crazy expensive. Like $600 for a few square feet of it.

So looks like OBS just took the cheapest route for insulator material and they don't have the quality control to spot the defects from using it.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I can say from personal experience that OBS cares very little the consumer. Attempts to discuss the problems with their tank have drawn a blank. They are the opposite side of the spectrum from a manufacturer like Cthulhu Mod's whom answers e-mails and want's feedback on the design and function of their tanks.

Two suppliers and the attitudes are night and day.

freedogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Erie,Pa
Hope they didn't clone the insulator!!
I can say from personal experience that OBS cares very little the consumer. Attempts to discuss the problems with their tank have drawn a blank. They are the opposite side of the spectrum from a manufacturer like Cthulhu Mod's whom answers e-mails and want's feedback on the design and function of their tanks.

Two suppliers and the attitudes are night and day.

Marc....this is exactly why I won't be giving them any more of my money in the future!!

Reactions: MMW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread