Nicotine Comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Sketchness, reading reviews, posts, etc. I got the impression that ECX was well rated. At 1 liter/100mg Nic ($32) for them and Nude Nic was $105. That is about $70 in difference. !!

I will look at Vapor Tek. I know the Carolina one is highly rated, but also costly.

MFS has a sale and it's just a step below the others mentioned , Vaporstek is your best bet , $25.00 for 1 liter of throat hit , can't beat it .

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Jeez, Herb. You and @mmsjs5 say just shake...I have been doing things a little more extensively. I will give that a chance and see how it works out.

Thanks

Edit:....Oh, no ECX...(jeez)

As long as you shake hard for about a minute you are fine , you can vape right away .

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Glad you took my advice and just went ahead with a nic... Mfs should be fine, a medium harshness / th nic. It will get the job done.. 2 liters is really jumping in man!

I personally thought that fresh nicselect (ecx) had a truer tobacco flavor to it. With less chemical off taste when compared to mfs, but with more th which i desire. .. but what do I know, supposedly its the worst..;) confused yet? Lol

Nic has changed over the years and can change from batch to batch sometimes. Though it is getting much better consitency than it was just a year ago... The only way to know for sure is have a sample of thier nic thats in stock right now. Then you know what it is.

Rts is pretty consistent in thier quality and its really clear for really cheap compared to higher priced nics. Cleaner and much clearer than mfs for sure and more consistent over time. About the same th which is suprising with the clarity of rts.. mfs maybe a little more harshness from the chemical side... . Rts has a 20% first order discount.

Last edited:

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
I got two liters of MFS nic. and a bunch of amber bottles for easier storage. I also picked up a small amount of PG/VG. I will mix for 10ml and try it for flavor. Thanks all.

And so it begins! Welcome to the zoo that is DIY.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I got two liters of MFS nic. and a bunch of amber bottles for easier storage. I also picked up a small amount of PG/VG. I will mix for 10ml and try it for flavor. Thanks all.

You went with MFS huh ? Did you read the latest Nicotine comparisons because the results and ratings came out and it tells you everything . MFS is OK though , i would rate it about average .

It seems "Nude Nicotine " is the best and they have a 40% off sale going on now , VT has the best deal of all i thought but Liquid Barn is also having a huge sale right now and their nic is good imo.

Someone recently asked how MFS compares to VaporsTek TH and the responses are below , this was comments from last week .

The MFS nic I bought in April tastes and smells like what I bought from them last summer. I hope it's not much different when I run out of it and order more in about 5 years.

Just purchased MFS and its crap. The throat hit at a 6mg is Harsh flavor is not as pronounced they need to bring back the old mfs

The MFS nic turned my blueberry cream into black liquorice and cream. Its really not that good my batch was from july 28th 2015

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
For nics that are very neutral and lowish throat-hit, then the 3 top contenders according to many, are currently nude-nic, vt(chemnovatic) and carolina-extract.

Bottles are fine as long as they are glas and preferably amber or other ultraviolet light blocking color. It's not really important for the freezer, as the light is blocked there, but it's good for when taking the bottles up and in use. Yes, well-sealed is important and you can e.g. either use polycone caps or euro-droppers for syringe-dispensing which also acts as a good gasket. Specialty Bottle is pretty popular for that, but theres plenty others...

Sup Martin: Thanks to you I have just went on a bottle buying spree. I just bought 2 oz., 4 oz., 8 oz, 30 ml, and 100 ml Amber Boston Round bottles and caps for all. Merry Christmas to me ;)

Edit: 10 of each.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
You went with MFS huh ? Did you read the latest Nicotine comparisons because the results and ratings came out and it tells you everything . MFS is OK though , i would rate it about average .

It seems "Nude Nicotine " is the best and they have a 40% off sale going on now , VT has the best deal of all i thought but Liquid Barn is also having a huge sale right now and their nic is good imo.

I was at Nude Inc and, if I remember correctly, the 40% off ended yesterday. AND, mentioning it would have helped. Now I am on the special street corner trying to raise money.

Others had comments in the other direction. But again, you weren't any help. Good to be able to block certain characters.

Someone recently asked how MFS compares to VaporsTek TH and the responses are below , this was comments from last week .

Reactions: JeremyR

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Didn't know mfs was in the blind taste test comparison we did in this thread. Was it??

I think you misunderstand the premise herb.. Its all relative man. Your opinion isn't everyones opinion.

A nic rated high In throat hit is only undesirable to the person that doesn't want th . A nic rated high in flavor does not mean its bad. It means, if YOU don't want flavor behind your nic, you won't want it.

And the quotes, all relative depending on what you like. If your mixing fruits its not good, but mixing tobaccos it may be a good base. The first quote you listed was also a positive for mfs.

And to be honest frechfry doesn't look like he's vaping fruity tootie flavors exclusively... so I think he'll be alright with a little roughness, he may prefer it like myself..

So do you like Coke or Pepsi?

Because I can tell you I wouldn't touch one of them with a ten foot pole, not only because I don't like the taste.. (Senomyx)

So am I wrong to like the one you don't like... I could say Pepsi is the worst soda ever while it may be your favorite. Even in the diet versions, which I can not tolerate a sip of, many like them and drink gallons of the stuff.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Here, you promote MFS and prior you slam it. Character is like a Rock, it isn't wishy-washy.

Saying MFS is a little below the others is considered promoting ? I didn't know that. I thought it was exceptionally obvious that i was promoting Vaporstek because to me and many others it's superb nicotine and it's the cheapest it has ever been and considerably cheaper than MFS at the moment.

You asked for "quality" nicotine and the cheapest price , i told you where to go for that , you decided to not take the advice i had given and you bought elsewhere which is fine .

Want to know exactly what i said - i said MFS is a step below the others but adequate which is true.

It's definitely not as good as VaporsTek and it's more expensive than Vaporstek by a considerable amount .

Just wanted to clear that up and good luck

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Myself, I prefer Pepsi, but will have a Coke on occasion though not as much as before (a 6-pack per day), my Cardiologist has put her foot down. :nah:

I think that you are hearing a "Preference Thing" as to what Nic is best, or worse. Don't worry about it, All the Nic spoken of here is good, it's just that some like Throat Hit, and some don't, some like to taste their Nic and some like their Nic to have an Invisible taste. It's the same thing as Box Mod's, Some swear by P4U and others Sigelei, same thing here. MFS is a Good Nic and one that I will try myself pretty soon. I have tried MBV, RTS, ECX and they are ALL good (but a bit different) and get the job done. There are certain Nic's that are better for vaping Unflavored, and others that are better for Fruity Flavorings and still others that are better for Custards and Creamy Flavorings or even Tobacco Flavorings. I hope I have helped you some. None are Bad Nic's, but you can fine tune you're Flavor by using the appropriate Nic base to go along with the particular Flavor you want to use.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Saying MFS is a little below the others is considered promoting ? I didn't know that. I thought it was exceptionally obvious that i was promoting Vaporstek because to me and many others it's superb nicotine and it's the cheapest it has ever been and considerably cheaper than MFS at the moment.

You asked for "quality" nicotine and the cheapest price , i told you where to go for that , you decided to not take the advice i had given and you bought elsewhere which is fine .

Want to know exactly what i said - i said MFS is a step below the others but adequate which is true.

It's definitely not as good as VaporsTek and it's more expensive than Vaporstek by a considerable amount .

Just wanted to clear that up and good luck

I will jump in and echo some of what Herb has said ... MFS is the worst nic base I have ever tried (still have 500ml in the freezer).

I find it destroys any recipe.

where as Vapers Tek nicotine base, is by far the best nicotine I have tried.

And the TH version of VT ... is the best deal on nicotine base anywhere.

Sent via iPhone

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Wow, That is pretty basic though. Just VG and nic, I gather. If it works, good for you.

I am wondering if I should get PG and VG , mix it, and store so it blends. Then have my nic in a PG/VG base. Mix the two to lower the total nic, but then I have to deal with flavoring.

I am brand new to DIY and hoping people would input what nic they use and where they get it. Especially if it is on sale. Really some BIG price differences in what the vendors want. That makes me wonder.

But, using just VG and Nic is simple.

Thanks!
Mixing is not a problem unless you made batches by gallon.
I prepare base by putting VG+PG+nic into a bottle, shake it, put it for 10 min into hot water bath (sink with stopper works fine) to thin it, shake it again and its ready to go. I am not much into flavors (do not really like them), so when filling my tanks (taifun, kayfun) I just firs put a few drops of fruity flavoring into tank, top it with base - these tanks allow filling from wide-mouth bottle - and it is ready to go. Very easy.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Alien, I wonder why people say to steep it for so much longer. Is it the flavoring?

I just ordered some base today so it is in the mail and the Nic is in the mail, too. I figure to make 10ml for trying it. actually, I hope it works. Getting into DIY and flavorings is a bit daunting. I have spent a lot of time, and money, finding good store-bought e-juices.

Nah, I won't mix by the gallon. At first thought, I will prolly mix for 300ml and then separate it towards 10 x 30ml bottles. But, unflavored may change all that.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Alien, I wonder why people say to steep it for so much longer. Is it the flavoring?

I just ordered some base today so it is in the mail and the Nic is in the mail, too. I figure to make 10ml for trying it. actually, I hope it works. Getting into DIY and flavorings is a bit daunting. I have spent a lot of time, and money, finding good store-bought e-juices.

Nah, I won't mix by the gallon. At first thought, I will prolly mix for 300ml and then separate it towards 10 x 30ml bottles. But, unflavored may change all that.
Fruity flavors and menthol do not need steeping, other flavors may need it.

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread